It's Bugtastic!

Blackavaar

Well, thanks to the latest patch we have more problems than we can shake a lightsaber at.

• GTN broke... still.
  • Random freezes and drops
  • More weird graphics artifacts (like it wasn't bad enough before) left behind when people log out or QT
  • Disappearing taxis (hey, I'm Wonder Woman!)
  • Missing graphics in Space missions
  • Crafting schematics broken (now they let you learn them even when you know them, resulting in a loss of schematics that could have been traded)

And that's just the beginning. I hope they fix this stuff soon because right now the game is nigh unplayable.

:(

Enemies underground.

Taxis frozen in mid-air.

Enemies not showing up on minimap.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not saying the patch did not introduce some performance issues for some players.

I believe it did, because it is being reported by some players.

They said they rewrote the way they handle shadows, which means they had to be tinkering with the graphics part of the game. I have yet to see an MMO where they tinker with the graphics part of the game and some players do not have adverse affects from it. They sorted this kind of issue out before, and they will do it again I am sure.

This game is running beautifully on my system. Literally it crashed to desktop twice since december and I am not entirely sure if it was its fault. It`s a monument of stability, really.. at least for me.

Having said that, SOME problems are simply not down to hardware and it is beginning to be infuriating to see the same broken record: "repair please - reinstall please - ping please - tracert please". Admit it is the game, fix the game, keep your players happy and gain "prestige". Because everything in this thread is client based.. for ANY number of reasons.

Edited by Styxx

This game is running beautifully on my system. Literally it crashed to desktop twice since december and I am not entirely sure if it was its fault. It`s a monument of stability, really.. at least for me.

Same for me actually. It's been a very stable game for me since launch, and I have had none of the stuttering and other issues being reported. I do see disappearing taxis here and there, but I could care less as I don't care to watch my character taking a taxi ride anyway. But I know that is not the case for everyone, and it seems when they tinker with the graphics engine, they get a new flutter of issues for players. That said, they do seem to get them under control fairly quickly based on past history.

Having said that, SOME problems are simply not down to hardware and it is beginning to be infuriating to see the same broken record: "repair please - reinstall please - ping please - tracert please". Admit it is the game, fix the game, keep your players happy and gain "prestige". Because everything in this thread is client based.. for ANY number of reasons.

I don't disagree. But I get that the first line responses from Customer Support are based on scripted flow charts and are needed to rule out some of the more common things, so that you can get down to what is the particular problem for a particular player and look for common causes across players. But when your client won't run correctly, being told to reinstall drivers, etc. etc. first and then find it did not fix the problem would be frustrating for most people.

Edited by Andryah

Bah, when you see the change they made to the GTN searches you start to wonder.

Just try to search for some Augmentation Kit MK-4 when you don't know in what item category it was filed...

Well good luck because it blurts a list containing each single word like 'kit'.

I'd like to know the tought process that led to this brilliant idea!

Here is the thing: I can understand bugs. I can understand having to take time to fix bugs.

But I have never played a "AAA" MMO as buggy as SWTOR. Full stop. Hell, the only "AAA" titles I can even recall being even close to this buggy are Bethesda titles...and honestly, I'm not thrilled with that either (what Bethesda games DO have, though, are spectacular modding communities who fix bugs for them, haha. Unfortunately, that's not really doable with SWTOR.) Even worse, they seem to re-introduce bugs that they fixed in earlier patches (Ex. First boss gun in false emp is broken...AGAIN!), like someone forgot to keep in revisions in their code. It's awful.

As a programmer myself, I feel for these guys. But if I tried to release code like this, I'd be fired :p

I wish some internet white knights would defend MY crappy code for me.

Edited by Beslley

Well, thanks to the latest patch we have more problems than we can shake a lightsaber at.

• GTN broke... still.
  • Random freezes and drops
  • More weird graphics artifacts (like it wasn't bad enough before) left behind when people log out or QT
  • Disappearing taxis (hey, I'm Wonder Woman!)
  • Missing graphics in Space missions
  • Crafting schematics broken (now they let you learn them even when you know them, resulting in a loss of schematics that could have been traded)

And that's just the beginning. I hope they fix this stuff soon because right now the game is nigh unplayable.

:(

I'm hardly a Bioware supporter, but ... I'm still not having any issues with graphics, taxis , or lag. *frowns* Then again I'm playing on a stupidly overpowered rig and a T1 connection.

Did the systems requirements go up or something?

I'm hardly a Bioware supporter, but ... I'm still not having any issues with graphics, taxis , or lag. *frowns* Then again I'm playing on a stupidly overpowered rig and a T1 connection.

Did the systems requirements go up or something?

People still use T1s?

Gotta get that Fiber baby.

Edited by RazielHex

Well stuff like this is what happens when people do this.

"Daddy! Daddy! BioWare won't update my game! Daddy, I will quit playing if they don't update right now and then you'll have to deal with me running around and interrupting your favorite t.v. show. Daddy, they are still not updating and it's been a whole month now, you know I can't wait for anything. Daddy!"

The people on these forums complaining about not having updates every week of their lives instead of waiting for well built content is reminiscent to the girl in the Willie Wanka Factory who ate a bunch of snaushberries and turned into a great big blue berry and floated away.

People just need to relax and realize that you get what your asking for when your not willing to wait and you push programmers to bring you what you want too quickly. Heck people who play LOTRO have been waiting for years to get to area of Rohan that Turbine is finally giving us since the servers have been opened.

i for one like the updates, yes some are stupid but you all are getting what you asked for. I guess you'll all complain about how much a car costs for that magical 55 mpg a lot of you will probably want.

"Daddy! Daddy! BioWare won't update my game! Daddy, I will quit playing if they don't update right now and then you'll have to deal with me running around and interrupting your favorite t.v. show. Daddy, they are still not updating and it's been a whole month now, you know I can't wait for anything. Daddy!"

The people on these forums complaining about not having updates every week of their lives instead of waiting for well built content is reminiscent to the girl in the Willie Wanka Factory who ate a bunch of snaushberries and turned into a great big blue berry and floated away.

People just need to relax and realize that you get what your asking for when your not willing to wait and you push programmers to bring you what you want too quickly. Heck people who play LOTRO have been waiting for years to get to area of Rohan that Turbine is finally giving us since the servers have been opened.

i for one like the updates, yes some are stupid but you all are getting what you asked for. I guess you'll all complain about how much a car costs for that magical 55 mpg a lot of you will probably want.

I'm sorry, but the fact that some people are willing to accept mediocrity for a paid service that promises things it doesn't deliver doesn't concern me, or most other people, I suspect.

I like the way you insult people by claiming their concerns are unwarranted, but I remind you that it was Bioware who claimed they would get content out in a certain amount of time, and not because of any community demand.

Additionally, you "like the updates" even though "some are stupid" but we are all "getting what we asked for". Which is a flat out lie, since the 1.4 update addressed ONE thing people asked for and actually made many other things worse, and then is completely buggy to boot.

Please try to post coherently in the future. TL;DR, screaming about blueberries and magical cars makes you look rather silly.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but they screwed crafting missions up big time. They nerfed the amount of materials you get from purple companion missions, at least for diplomacy. I don't know if this is a bug or working as intended. I used to get 4 purple mats from each mission. Now I get 2 unless I crit. So either the price of crafted items is going to double, or the price of missions needs to be cut in half. Seems like this could really screw the economy.

Sadly TRUE.

I said working as spected...

But that doesn't mean crashing like crazy, :)

I also have to restart like 5 times. Around a game restart every hour or hour and a half.

Sadly this game had a memory leak since release. If you watch the memory consumption of the game, it keeps increasing until resources are eaten. I don't know if they looked at it, but is easily verified by the Windows Task Manager app. The more areas you visit, the faster the game eats the memory. On a 32-bit windows under normal pre 1.4 patch it may give you 4-6 hours playtime.

Did not notice this on my system will check for specifically tonight but I do not think this is the case.

I'm sorry, but the fact that some people are willing to accept mediocrity for a paid service that promises things it doesn't deliver doesn't concern me, or most other people, I suspect.

I like the way you insult people by claiming their concerns are unwarranted, but I remind you that it was Bioware who claimed they would get content out in a certain amount of time, and not because of any community demand.

Additionally, you "like the updates" even though "some are stupid" but we are all "getting what we asked for". Which is a flat out lie, since the 1.4 update addressed ONE thing people asked for and actually made many other things worse, and then is completely buggy to boot.

Please try to post coherently in the future. TL;DR, screaming about blueberries and magical cars makes you look rather silly.

You look rather silly your self sir and are a a symbol of what is wrong with the player base.

tldr on something you can read under a minute and following with same length post ?

Really ?

Edited by lklinga

with all the people crashing and getting booted out of the game ... i happened to notice that the 3 people i was in heroics with yesterday were all very well geared (two of em) (and thus the most likely to use addons/hacks. End game and PVPers are the ones most likely to use addons) or pvp enabled (the other one).

Is it possible that the crashes are because of third party addons that BIO said they would never support?

just a thought.

with all the people crashing and getting booted out of the game ... i happened to notice that the 3 people i was in heroics with yesterday were all very well geared (two of em) (and thus the most likely to use addons/hacks. End game and PVPers are the ones most likely to use addons) or pvp enabled (the other one).

Is it possible that the crashes are because of third party addons that BIO said they would never support?

just a thought.

Was fine on Quesh (with 15 people on), but I was getting a ping of over 9000 (welll 5000 :D) on the fleet and massive 1 min lags and disconnects.

Fleet is usually fine for me with 233 on it.

just a thought.

What third party addons? I have a couple external parsing programs but I don't consider them "addons", just something separate. Something I'm missing, here?

Unless the game randomly freezes and drops you and you have to log in again. Seriously, last night I had to log back in 5 times over the course of a 4 hour play session. That, IMO, is nigh unplayable.

And btw, my Shadows are turned off.

:confused:

Yep I have seen the random drops a few times and its not my end.. 23ms Ping, solid connection and no ISP issues or exchange issues .. its just random.

Questing with a few mates in same group and ding I go, my mate goes.. except he cant get back in to game cos it blocks him.. finally gets in, resets the GF and ding off he goes again.. wait another 5-10mins, rinse repeat.. we ping ponged DC's for about 30mins, alternating who set the GF, until he gave up logging in and I gave up setting up the GF.. only had 1 random DC after that.

Not saying the GF was an issue but it was kinda weird it was happening when we were both trying to set GF up, though my last DC that evening was after logging into Tattoine.

And to add, I never tend to suffer DC's in game but FPS has degraded alot for me since 1.3.. though I will say I always had nameplate scaling on since launch, I turned it off yesterday and saw a 10-20FPS improvement, at the expense of having titles hitting me in the face all over fleet :)

Edited by Bloodstealer