GTN is still broken after last night's fix

DarthTexas

It's intentional. Changes like that aren't made accidentally.

They changed the system from "find these exactly words" to "match any of these words". This would be fine if we can toggle between them.

The new way is somewhat useful if you don't know exactly what you want but there are instances where I want to search an EXACT item to compare prices.

I noticed the same thing, it's really hard to find what you want now, the search field now returns ALL of the words you search for instead of limiting it further.

A search for 'Schematic: Grade 4' now returns every item with 'Schematic' 'grade' and the number 4 in the titles instead of ONLY the Grade 4 schematics.

It's intentional. Changes like that aren't made accidentally.

They changed the system from "find these exactly words" to "match any of these words". This would be fine if we can toggle between them.

The new way is somewhat useful if you don't know exactly what you want but there are instances where I want to search an EXACT item to compare prices.

Someone actually thought this was a good idea and did this on purpose?

Your last sentence is the reason this functionality is important, and to just have it removed makes the already lackluster GTN even less user-friendly.

Your last sentence is the reason this functionality is important, and to just have it removed makes the already lackluster GTN even less user-friendly.

I would assume that since code exists now for both version a toggle can be implemented. They both have their usefulness.

I noticed the same thing, it's really hard to find what you want now, the search field now returns ALL of the words you search for instead of limiting it further.

A search for 'Schematic: Grade 4' now returns every item with 'Schematic' 'grade' and the number 4 in the titles instead of ONLY the Grade 4 schematics.

Oh ffs, that is ridiculous. I hope it's just an oversight and will be corrected.

Can you use "Quotes" to look for an exact match like most search engines?

Nope, tried that.

I'm trying to price augments so I can sell the ones I crafted, for example typing in "resolve augment 22", which prior to 1.4 returned JUST that item, now returns 43 pages of results and first Advanced Resolve Augment 22 doesn't show up until page 36. This is ridiculous.

Just checked, you can't.

Also tried that and can confirm it doesn't make a difference. I put in Advanced Absorb Augment 22 and got every level of augment once you hit search.

I'm pretty sure this isn't working as intended and ticked it. Why bother having a search if it's going to give you 400+ items and most of which aren't what you're looking for.

I very much hope that it wasn't intentional.

It's terribly inconvenient at best and is totally incompatible with high population. Some categories have hundreds of pages. Even with the AND search we still got several pages for one item now we got all the pages of unrelated//unwanted items on top of that to sift through when comparing prices. :(

Edited by KyaniteD

Yes, it "functions", but the search function in the GTN is broken.

Multi-word searches no longer return the correct results like they did 2 days ago before 1.4.

Does nothing get tested before throwing it on the live server?

Working as intended. You need cartel points to "unlock" multi-word seaches.

ok let me point out the people saying it is intentional are trolling or have been trolled...

i checked and found nothing in the 1.4 involving the gtn...

what is more i know exactly what broke on the gtn

put simply an and operator that defines how a search looks for all words not just one word

was replaced with an or operator that looks for ether word

it is undoubtedly a single word out of place however in... a few hundred pages of code... and if not properly commented what each section does finding where the search is handled exactly is a nightmare...

expect this fixed next Tuesday as it is small but difficult to fix and it is not game breaking enough to take priority over most any of the other problems running rampant like peoples lag spikes etc...

Hey everyone, just wanted to confirm that we are seeing some issues with searches on the GTN. We're working on a fix for these problems. Thank you for your reports!

While you have people fixing it, can you make sure to add Strength into the drop-down under item stats? It's not represented in the list.

ok let me point out the people saying it is intentional are trolling or have been trolled...

Incorrect. I'm not trolling.

I believed it to be intentional based on it's functionality currently. The bioware post above that they will be making changes and "fix it" doesn't make me believe it was any less intentional. Blaming an intended change that has backfired on a bug is actually good customer service since you are mitigating people's anger.

In MMO's gamers are more understanding of bugs than features we hate- or ones that had unintended complications.

Either way I'd like to see both the search any and search exact available for use.

Edited by Tim-ONeil

Hey everyone, just wanted to confirm that we are seeing some issues with searches on the GTN. We're working on a fix for these problems. Thank you for your reports!

Thanks for looking into it. I happened upon this thread and started weeping at the thought of being unable to filter down to exact matches, given how hard I find it already trying to navigate the GTN listings.

I just don't understand why Bioware wastes precious man-hours of labor "fixing" things that aren't broken that nobody ever said was broken, while other things that are actually broken just sit there untouched. I can't remember the last time I fought Gharj where the platforms didn't bug. I also can't remember the last time, prior to today, that GTN gave me any sort of problem. Clearly, the second thing needed correcting.

It boggles my mind that this was an intentional change.

Who in their right mind searches an auction house like this? Holy s***, Bioware, are you brain damaged?!

EDIT: OH THANK GOODNESS IT'S NOT INTENTIONAL.

Edited by Beslley

I just don't understand why Bioware wastes precious man-hours of labor "fixing" things that aren't broken that nobody ever said was broken, while other things that are actually broken just sit there untouched. I can't remember the last time I fought Gharj where the platforms didn't bug. I also can't remember the last time, prior to today, that GTN gave me any sort of problem. Clearly, the second thing needed correcting.

I don't think you know how code works, and probably believe the phase "ghost in the machine" is exclusive to cartoons.