Voidstar - 955k Damage - 1068.68 DPS - 6.8K Crits - Screenshot

Megatfx

Rage

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhMZRMRrdfRbfz.2

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/4f864294-2367-48fb-a968-40b37ef60ffd

Full power build.

676.4 Bonus Damage with Rakata Stim (Not listed on Character Builder)

78.80% Surge

21.31% Melee Crit (36.31% Crit with Vicious Slash)

1208 Expertise

19048 HP

http://imageshack.us/a/img837/4981/screenshot2012092716082.jpg

I did 140k more damage than their entire team combined.

Edited by Megatfx

Rage

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZhMZRMRrdfRbfz.2

Full power gear.

http://imageshack.us/a/img837/4981/screenshot2012092716082.jpg

I did 140k more damage than their entire team combined.

I see your 6.8k crit and raise you an 8.4k crit: http://imgur.com/Dm9UD

Also, will you be releasing a new rotation guide for maras rage spec?

Why not drop 2 points in enraged slash for 2 in defensive roll?

Had a guy almost bust 1m yesterday in alderaan in the guild, was a painful heal and smash fest.

I tried out rage again after reading your post yesterday and it's fun to see big numbers but we'd have won the match if I could have taken their node solo. I couldn't. :(

That's a nice number for that warzone, I'm assuming you all weren't padding and went right through when you were attacking?

I feel like you can def. show off more individual skill as Carnage, less as Annihilation, and even less as Rage.

The issue is that even though Carnage has more utility, the damage output that Rage brings far outweighs the utility in Ranked Warzones where you can crit multiple players for 5-7k.

I am actually very surprised, I thought regardless of the Rage buff I would continue to play Carnage due to it's superior utility. After playing Rage for 3 games, I realized that utility means nothing when you have an AoE that will crit 5 players for over 30k damage.

Edited by Megatfx

I feel like you can def. show off more individual skill as Carnage, less as Annihilation, and even less as Rage.

The issue is that even though Carnage has more utility, the damage output that Rage brings far outweighs the utility in Ranked Warzones where you can crit multiple players for 5-7k.

I am actually very surprised, I thought regardless of the Rage buff I would continue to play Carnage due to it's superior utility. After playing Rage for 3 games, I realized that utility means nothing when you have an AoE that will crit 5 players for over 30k damage.

I agree that a unchecked smash machine would put a lot of pressure on healers to keep up... But I still think if a team brings two marauders one still needs to be carnage.

I played a few games as rage today, same spec I believe that you post in another thread. It was just a solo que and while it was far less effort to top the damage chart in the WZ than with carnage I found that trying to kill anyone solo was far far harder to do (I might just really suck at rage).

Edited by Dacer

I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. Rage as a mara is too obscene to want to spec anything else for competitive play, but in terms of a 'skill ceiling' and enjoyability it does seem to be lower than carnage/anni. Once the novelty of super smash wears off it's kind of stale especially with berserk essentially eliminating any need to manage resources.

Honestly, I'm not impressed. It's not difficult to put up huge damage numbers when you have 1.2 million in heals.

A couple of these screenshots are also uninspiring. These were essentially tie games where the poster's team won due to a game mechanic rather than team play....proving once again that big damage means nothing in warzones. There's a guy in my guild like this. Always boasting about how awesome he is, and bragging about how he nailed some newb in recruit gear with a 7k crit. Did you win the game? No, we lost. Then who cares?

Rage spec is the new Pyro. Very low skill cap for huge damage.

Honestly, I'm not impressed. It's not difficult to put up huge damage numbers when you have 1.2 million in heals.

A couple of these screenshots are also uninspiring. These were essentially tie games where the poster's team won due to a game mechanic rather than team play....proving once again that big damage means nothing in warzones. There's a guy in my guild like this. Always boasting about how awesome he is, and bragging about how he nailed some newb in recruit gear with a 7k crit. Did you win the game? No, we lost. Then who cares?

Rage spec is the new Pyro. Very low skill cap for huge damage.

Pretty hilarious that you immediately jump to those conclusions. You don't play against me, yet I'm low skill cap. We had 3 players on our team with less than 14k hp, and we won the game by legitimate reasons. Gonna have to say if you replaced me with many other marauders on our server, the same would probably have been lost. I don't fraps/record games because I paid 400 dollars for my computer, and unfortunately I can't. You can sit back and claim that it takes no skill and/or I was tunnel visioning, and I can only say that I was literally protecting my healers on our team, and protecting the door(s). While rage spec is ridiculously overpowered I didn't come in to brag, I think it's pretty stupid and ridiculous what they did to it. Why even bother posting if you're going to come say something like that, if our servers get merged some day (and I'm sure they will) I'd love to show you how "low skill" I really am. Leave the marauder forums alone if you don't know what you're talking about kthx.

Pretty hilarious that you immediately jump to those conclusions. You don't play against me, yet I'm low skill cap. We had 3 players on our team with less than 14k hp, and we won the game by legitimate reasons. Gonna have to say if you replaced me with many other marauders on our server, the same would probably have been lost. I don't fraps/record games because I paid 400 dollars for my computer, and unfortunately I can't. You can sit back and claim that it takes no skill and/or I was tunnel visioning, and I can only say that I was literally protecting my healers on our team, and protecting the door(s). While rage spec is ridiculously overpowered I didn't come in to brag, I think it's pretty stupid and ridiculous what they did to it. Why even bother posting if you're going to come say something like that, if our servers get merged some day (and I'm sure they will) I'd love to show you how "low skill" I really am. Leave the marauder forums alone if you don't know what you're talking about kthx.

I'm pretty sure he meant that rage spec is a low skill cap spec. As in the rotation is very simple much like pyro powertech. I've never heard of calling a player low skill cap (it doesn't really make sense) as an insult. It is an impressive achievement thoughso I don't know why he's trying to douse your moment of glory.

I'm pretty sure he meant that rage spec is a low skill cap spec. As in the rotation is very simple much like pyro powertech. I've never heard of calling a player low skill cap (it doesn't really make sense) as an insult. It is an impressive achievement thoughso I don't know why he's trying to douse your moment of glory.

This. He's criticizing what BW did to the spec, not criticizing you.

Even though this spec has the easiest rotation of all 3 to learn, u dont *just* do 1 million damage in a single wz...

Hell, most maras/sents ive seen on my server arent even capable of reaching half of it even if the team setups on both sides allow them to fairly do so, regardless of any spec. Its so funny what some people say about rage/focus, either it is always inferior to the other two specs cause it never deals same dps or if it does, then its all because its low-skill cap. Right, so far this forum has been flooded with rage warriors who broke the 1 mill line...

Dont get me wrong, the buffs from bw were not asked for and def not needed.

This class has three viable specs for u to choose, all are excellent in their own ways, so for me its just a matter of taste. As for one being more low-skill capped than the other, so what? The player behind it still can have great skill and tbh, this is what really matters to me. Just my two cents.

As for the only one who broke 1 mill here so far:

Good job man :)

It was a return of trolling, false misunderstandings work pretty well.

I wasn't trolling. That implies that I was being pretentious in an effort to illicit some sort of response from you.

But since your ego has been unable to recover from such an obvious blow, I understand why you think that. In the future, I'll be sure to applaud your efforts and hail your screenshots with enthusiasm, and use them as a source of inspiration.

See what I did there? NOW I'm trolling.

I wasn't trolling. That implies that I was being pretentious in an effort to illicit some sort of response from you.

But since your ego has been unable to recover from such an obvious blow, I understand why you think that. In the future, I'll be sure to applaud your efforts and hail your screenshots with enthusiasm, and use them as a source of inspiration.

See what I did there? NOW I'm trolling.

thanks

Good job BW, clearly the warriors needed a buff.

Nah nah.

Look again at his opposing team's numbers. He grouped with his geared buddies and stomped a poorly geared/coordinated pug. Not every match will yield these sort of numbers.

I actually see alot of high "gore" crits in warzones from marauders as well.