Is this Space Combat for real?

Motherstar

It's an excellent rail shooter if you ask me. I've seen the highest quality textures and animations in the gosh darn space combat. It looks slick, plays smooth and is a nice getaway from the questing and exploring.

If they'd only add KOTOR-style Swoop Races...I need my dose of swoop :(

I agree Swoop races would be great ;-)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Space combat = Free Exp.

You can do daily quests, each one has 1-2 missions, each mission is about 3 minutes, and rewards over 6k exp. 18 minutes = ~25k exp and in a fun, action-packed minigame.

Space combat feels like you're in a movie. I love it and do my missions religiously every day just because I love it. The exp just makes me giggle.

Oh did I mention they pay you credits for it too? Priceless!

Edited by Bavin

I like the Space Comabt in SW:ToR. I never expected anything like X-Wing or Tie Fighter, and for a mini game I play every now and then it's fun.

If in time this gets an overhaul for a more space-sim-like experience I'll be happy, but ATM I can't understand the OHMYGAWDBIOWAREFAILED!!!-brigade...

Have to say, the space missions are fun as a diversion and/or change of pace. I like them as they are, and they're actually extremely rewarding in terms of xp/time spent.

This!!! 5k XP for second tier missions in just under 5 minutes play time. Sorry that is some good XP. That is just the repeat XP not what you get from the fleet.

I'd like a full on Xwing vs Tie Fighter style space combat implementation. Instead of making a stand alone game, put that style of game play in the game w/ ranks in the Imperial / Republic fleet, allow people to fly as squadrons and rank up, buy new ships / ship pieces, open aspects to PVP like planetary orbit domination for resources, etc.

I'm wondering what people think about Space Combat. I hope it is changed in the future because...you got to be kidding me. It feels like an after thought.
speak for yourself, Space Combat in its current form is awesome, just the right amount of depth for a minigame and so much fun.

It feels like an old-school console game to me. I enjoy it and it gives good XP. Sure, I'll take a little improvement like, shield management, different lasers (ion, etc...) and ship maneuvers (barrel roll)... but it looks nice and it's fun.

Some special "power-ups" would be cool also, like sonic detonators, or boosted shields.

Just use Starfox as a mold. :)

Sure, I'll take a little improvement like, shield management
you can buy that with 25, you can redirect energy from the shields to the weapons or the other way round.

Some special "power-ups" would be cool also, like sonic detonators, or boosted shields. /QUOTE]

there are more powerups like EMP, etc. with 35, 45 and 50, but i cannot comment on them yet.

Edited by Edward_Nigma