Is this Space Combat for real?

Motherstar

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Space combat is OK, but I think they can do a lot to improve it. I personally do not mind the "rail shooter" aspect of it. I would hate it if they turned it into a space sim in which I spend an hour just trying to get from point A to point B.

I'm wondering what people think about Space Combat. I hope it is changed in the future because...you got to be kidding me. It feels like an after thought.

I enjoy the space missions, it was never designed to be full on like being on planets and questing, but a mini-game.

I like the space combat missions. It's just a taste of what's to come I think. I read somwhere and can't remember where, that BioWare has stated that their vision for the space missions was not realized due to not having enough time to flesh it out the way they wanted to.

I am sure it will be expanded on and improved in future patches and expansions.

I was totally anti the space combat in this game, now i love it.

Im actually looking forward to doing them daily and trying to do the harder bonus bits like desroying the generators of the big ships etc.

I would LOVE to see free form space combat in the future as battles with 50 republic and 50 Empire would be life stealingly addictive.

So yea, all good tbh.

Edited by Scan

I loved it, but maybe its because I wasn't excited for it/interested in it. They're fun mini-games that feel like N64 Star Fox, and it grants you XP. What's not to enjoy? When you want a break from quest grinding, send your companions on missions and shoot down some Rebel/Imperial scum!

As an X-Wing & TIE Fighter vetern I miss that style in SWG.

However the TOR Space Mission are short, fast & fun, not requiring a degree in Space Piloting to complete.

I do hope we can have freeform multiplayer missions in the future.

Different strokes for different folks. As you can clearly see in this thread, some people like it while others don't. It certainly has potential to be better. And like someone mentioned, most MMOs don't give you everything but the kitchen sink at a launch, and it's pretty common to think "expansion packs" and what will be included in them before the game comes out. It would not surprise me if a an expansion pack opening up space combat to more of a X-Wing vs TIE Fighter was being plotted for down the road.

I actually like the Space Combat as is... it's just a fun little mini-game.

It is perfectly in-line with what we have come to expect from the KoTOR line of games; in fact, it is actually an improvement.

That being said, I would love to find a good space flight combat simulator... I miss the old TIE Fighter games.

Also, they have said they will probably expand Space Combat at some point. I'm really hoping this just means more elaborate/less repetitive missions and not a complete restructuring.