Great Job BW!

Danieleriz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If by "train wreck" you mean a Themepark-Sandbox Hybrid MMORPG with a 3D multiplayer Freelancer-esq space game AND a ground-based game with a day/night cycle, massive explorable worlds retaining all the current story content AND Planetside-esq massive scale RvRvR....... then yes.

It would be a beautiful train wreck indeed. :)

Dream, IMO. Dreams are not real, that's why they call them dreams.

So many times I see posts of people writing in their threads unpleasent things about BW and their works.

I want to say to them that this game is a huge project, hard to realize, if this people think they can do better they can open a software-house and create a better game :p.

Bugs exists in many games and this game works good for me.

FP are awesome, OPS too, there is a lot of missions to do and the part of custom is well realized.

So, "never happy people" don't be so nasty and enjoy your game, if you all hate it, just play another one :p.

(Danieleriz "Sage 50", Danyel "Guardian 50", Saresh "Sorcerer 50", Barikade "Scoundrel 20" on Tomb of Nadd)

Agree completely. If your bored of the game, don't force yourself to keep playing. Accept that Bioware/the game isn't up to your standards and move on. I myself am paying my sub for SWTOR over the many other MMO's I've played for a reason.

Given the same budget and a staff of 800 employees, I'm certain many could deliver. It's not a 1 man show.

Nonsense. And you know it. This is just another clever way to criticize Bioware for the state of the game. This endless bashing over the head with the alleged budget was old 6 months ago. This is just a variation on it and carries no merit, only biased fantasy.

And all this bluster about giving the budget to "a few players" and they "would do a better job" has completely hijacked a thread give an atta boy to Bioware. Shock and suprise there. :rolleyes:

Edited by Andryah

Nonsense. And you know it. This is just another clever way to criticize Bioware for the state of the game. This endless bashing over the head with the alleged budget was old 6 months ago. This is just a variation on it and carries no merit, only biased fantasy.

It's my opinion Andryah, it's not "nonsense". I'm critical of their lack of development and their failed communication skillz. It does carry merit. No fantasy whatsoever.

It's my opinion Andryah, it's not "nonsense". I'm critical of their lack of development and their failed communication skillz. It does carry merit. No fantasy whatsoever.

I agree, it is your opinion. But it is and remains nonsense AND off topic to the thread.

And Bioware did better? Lol. Please.

Yeah Pal, they did. They launched and have improved the game over time.

Whereas, the forum "armchair experts" talk and chatter, but could never walk the talk. IF they could, then they would have already written the MMO to kill all MMOs with some seed capital from somewhere.

Worthy of debate. Better?!

Better.

But still, it wouldn't work and I think the reason why it wouldn't work is pretty obvious.

Take a look in any thread where people are discussing pretty much anything about the game - from gear looks to things that need to be added to the game - and tell me again that you think this is something that can be debated and people can make respectful compromises to their "needs" and wants.

And it's nonsense just because you say so? Lol. Okay. When you become a yellow name, then your posts will mean something. Till then...........yeah.

Yeah, it's nonsense because it is all talk and no walk. You guys crack me up sometimes with the armchair expertise.

Dream, IMO. Dreams are not real, that's why they call them dreams.

None of that is out of reach with todays technology. :) Much of it wasn't out of reach with technology 10 years ago.

It's not like in 1985 where you had an idea and had to wait 10 years for it to become possilbe, all of that IS possible, it's just no one has done it in one game. :(

Better.

But still, it wouldn't work and I think the reason why it wouldn't work is pretty obvious.

Take a look in any thread where people are discussing pretty much anything about the game - from gear looks to things that need to be added to the game - and tell me again that you think this is something that can be debated and people can make respectful compromises to their "needs" and wants.

I agree with TheNahash.

Whereas, the forum "armchair experts" talk and chatter, but could never walk the talk. IF they could, then they would have already written the MMO to kill all MMOs with some seed capital from somewhere.

Stating your opinion as fact doesn't make it true. PvPers have LESS content now than they did at launch Andryah...how is that "improving over time"?!

Again, you act as if SWTOR was "written" by one individual. It wasn't.

Stating your opinion as fact doesn't make it true.

Irony.

I appreciate the honesty though. :)

And I'm not the one blustering in forum about how much better "a few players" with "Bioware's Budget" could make a "superior product". I'm the one calling shenanigans on the lunacy of it.

Edited by Andryah

A single person cannot write an MMO, it takes too many people now, but the right person with $200,000,000 to do it, should be able to make a decent attempt at it.

I think even Braben might take a shot at Elite 4 with $200,000,000 to do it with. :)

A single person cannot write an MMO, it takes too many people now, but the right person with $200,000,000 to do it, should be able to make a decent attempt at it.

I think even Braben might take a shot at Elite 4 with $200,000,000 to do it with. :)

Keep dreaming Goretzu. ;)

I do give you due credit that you are very good at it. :)

If by "train wreck" you mean a Themepark-Sandbox Hybrid MMORPG with a 3D multiplayer Freelancer-esq space game AND a ground-based game with a day/night cycle, massive explorable worlds retaining all the current story content AND Planetside-esq massive scale RvRvR....... then yes.

It would be a beautiful train wreck indeed. :)

Where do I buy a ticket for that train ride? Um this guy nailed it ! You can't tell me this is not way closer to what people wanted and expected. Didnt even think of the RvR stuff even better. I am positive We all wanted the closest to real a starwars experience that was possible. The space experience in this game says it all. I hate sounding harsh but it would be nice to hear straight up if any of this stuff will be put in and not hear about their consideration for our Ideas.

Where do I buy a ticket for that train ride? Um this guy nailed it ! You can't tell me this is not way closer to what people wanted and expected.

You took it out of context. Nobody is saying that dream would not be desireable. Rather, that it is a dream and could not be realized by handing a bunch of forum amatuear game desingers a stack of cash and get the dream realized. ;) Not to mention, NO MMO can be all things to all people. It's impossible, and is why there is plenty of choice and competition in the market (which is a good thing IMO).

Protip: MMOs are hard to do. Probably one of the hardest syles of game design to develop, launch, and maintain.

Edited by Andryah

Irony.

I appreciate the honesty though. :)

And I'm not the one blustering in forum about how much better "a few players" with "Bioware's Budget" could make a "superior product". I'm the one calling shenanigans on the lunacy of it.

I don't think anyone ever contended that a "few players" could write a better game. That is lunacy. But I'm sure many players would have gone in different directions with the game.

I don't think anyone ever contended that a "few players" could write a better game. That is lunacy. But I'm sure many players would have gone in different directions with the game.

You are correct. the exact term used was "some players", but the implication was the same... that a band of unproven amatuers who largely cannot even agree among themselves could produce a better game if you just gave them Biowares budget. It's hyperbole, used as a platform to criticize Bioware. Why not just set the hyperbole aside and stick with objective critique???

Once again, the "we can do it better" crowd have hijacked a thread started by someone who wanted to give Bioware some praise. Don't you all have enough other threads for that that you don't need to hijack this one???

Keep dreaming Goretzu. ;)

I do give you due credit that you are very good at it. :)

Again though you suggest a "dream" is the impossible, but it's far from impossible. In fact it is all in existance, just not in one package.

So why exactly is it "impossible" to have it all in one package? What is stopping that from happening?

You took it out of context. Nobody is saying that dream would not be desireable. Rather, that it is a dream and could not be realized by handing a bunch of forum amatuear game desingers a stack of cash and get the dream realized. ;)

Protip: MMOs are hard to do. Probably one of the hardest syles of game design to develop, launch, and maintain.

Its pretty obvious why our country still and will always have 2 party system . This is the same attitude that tells people with different Ideas to be quiet and let the "professionals" handle it. It's human nature and all relative IMO. I see this bullying and squashing of Ideas it seems on a daily basis. And Besides when you try to give suggestion in a polite way they never get a response or gets gobbled up by the "snark" patrol , squeaky wheel get the oil.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.