Great Job BW!

Danieleriz

So many times I see posts of people writing in their threads unpleasent things about BW and their works.

I want to say to them that this game is a huge project, hard to realize, if this people think they can do better they can open a software-house and create a better game :p.

I have a little pub, is a small activity but requires a lot of work! I can not even imagine the lot of efforts made by BW employees.

Bugs exists in many games and this game works good for me.

FP are awesome, OPS too, there is a lot of missions to do and the part of custom is well realized.

So, "never happy people" don't be so nasty and enjoy your game, if you all hate it, just play another one :p.

CYA I go to do some WZ!

N.B. Sry for my english, it's not native language.

(Danieleriz "Sage 50", Danyel "Guardian 50", Saresh "Sorcerer 50", Barikade "Scoundrel 20" on Tomb of Nadd)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:eek: No one gives nothing for nothing my friend and I doubt someone has gift millions of dollars to BW for nothing. Anyway we're going off topic ;) and people that don't like can change game instead of flame a prestigious Software-house like them.

Oh another thing... The customer service is AWESOME too. (Problems with other software-houses can't be solved, opened a ticket here, 12 hours solved)

Oh another thing... The customer service is AWESOME too. (Problems with other software-houses can't be solved, opened a ticket here, 12 hours solved)

My experience with the customer service has been less than awesome.

I originally played on an RP-PvP server known as lord calypho. When the server merges hit, we were the last server to get a destination (along with the french and german RP-PvP servers). So they funneled us in one direction, and that was to a PvP server known as Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

This greatly upset a lot of players and there was a very, very long and angry thread about it. It took bioware some time before they finally allowed transfers from Lord Calypho to a normal RP server, The Progenitor. They said that people who had gone to Tomb of Freedon Nadd could open a ticket and ask for a transfer to the Progenitor.

So I did, and the first GM I spoke to was completely clueless about the subject. I even had to show him the thread, and even then he couldn't help me. So I had to wait for another GM. That doesn't inspire much faith.

In this last server merge, I got a few lowlevel alts sent over from another server. So I wanted to remove them but I had to rename them first. So I renamed them, and followed the procedure to remove them. Only I didn't actually remove the alt that I had selected, the alt that the window asked me to confirm for deletion. The game removed my main instead.

So I immediately opened a ticket about that, to have my main restored. I gave them the name, the server, the level, even the time of when the deletion had occured, and in response I was asked to provide them with information of the approximate time of when I was last logged in on that character. So I did, I gave them the date. After two days of waiting, they happily tell me that my character has been restored on TOMB OF FREEDON NADD. Not the Progenitor, the server I had mentioned twice in my ticket. What was even the point of asking me for the approximate time? Last time I was logged in on tomb of freedon nadd was in June.

So I brought the issue to the forums and then it got resolved quickly. Is that good? Ignoring the fact that I was left at utter incompetence for two days, then yes. I really don't want to trash-talk Bioware like this, I loved this company. I was looking forward for this game for years. Ordered the Collector's Edition several months before the game was even launched. But geez, up until 1.2 the game was stellar, and ever since then they've been disappointing me month after month.

I do like some aspects of the game still, but what is really carrying the game for me are the people I've befriended in game. If they leave, there's little chance I'll stay.

:eek: No one gives nothing for nothing my friend and I doubt someone has gift millions of dollars to BW for nothing. Anyway we're going off topic ;) and people that don't like can change game instead of flame a prestigious Software-house like them.

This. I've had problems with Best Buy for the CE pre-order. I've had problems with my bank rejecting my most recent auto-resub as spam. Bioware's CS types fixed both on their end in single phone calls. In-game tickets get answered via email within 24 hours, and occasionally a live CS rep has popped up in game to ask me questions about them. (They'll even stand by if you're in the middle of a boss fight.) Maybe I'm just lucky that my issues haven't fallen through the cracks like they seem to do most everywhere else. I can't control how other people perceive stuff. No one can. But I have never had an issue with CS here. Ever. And I've been playing and testing this game since early 2011. Edited by GalacticKegger

Give some of the players the budget BW had and I'm sure they would do a better job ;)

As great as that sounds, the problem would be no one could agree on what to put in the game, look at the forums no two people pretty much agree on anything.

Edited by kevlarto

As great as that sounds, the problem would be no one could agree on what to put in the game, look at the forums no two people pretty much agree on anything.

Sure they do. Besides, ever heard of compromise? We don't need to agree on our visions, just agree that all visions are worthy of inclusion.

Sure they do. Besides, ever heard of compromise? We don't need to agree on our visions, just agree that all visions are worthy of inclusion.

getting most of these people to agree on what that compromise should be would make herding cats look like cake =P

This ^

I can't even imagine what a train wreck that game would be if given to players after reading these boards.

Give some of the players the budget BW had and I'm sure they would do a better job ;)

No they wouldn't because 99.9% of the people here don't have any experience whatsoever to make a game. Just having awesome idea's is not making a game. You'd all spend the budget on Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

Edited by Jaick

No they wouldn't because 99.9% of the people here don't have any experience whatsoever to make a game. Just having awesome idea's is not making a game. You'd all spend the budget on Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

DIET! Diet Mt Dew.

And OMG, just think if like I could like have this special move as a Trooper where like I call in an entire clone army, like in Episode 2, and they swoop down in big ships that fire GREEN beams of lasers and then they like rappel out of the ship or use JET PACKS and maybe land on the enemy and then they like totally destroy everyone else on the battlefield...how awesome would that be right?!

Making a game is much more difficult than simply having an "idea" obviously...but it doesn't take too much effort, or experience, to realize how vital EVERY aspect of an MMO is/can be to people. That's what I love about MMOs...it's not just about ONE aspect of a game, it's about things I don't even understand or participate in (crafting, RP, space). Every aspect that someone plays, matters. PvPers need to care about PvEers. PvEers need to care about PvPers. RPers need to care about Crafters. I love finding common goals amongst vastly different playstyles.

This ^

I can't even imagine what a train wreck that game would be if given to players after reading these boards.

If by "train wreck" you mean a Themepark-Sandbox Hybrid MMORPG with a 3D multiplayer Freelancer-esq space game AND a ground-based game with a day/night cycle, massive explorable worlds retaining all the current story content AND Planetside-esq massive scale RvRvR....... then yes.

It would be a beautiful train wreck indeed. :)

If by "train wreck" you mean a Themepark-Sandbox Hybrid MMORPG with a 3D multiplayer Freelancer-esq space game AND a ground-based game with a day/night cycle, massive explorable worlds retaining all the current story content AND Planetside-esq massive scale RvRvR....... then yes.

It would be a beautiful train wreck indeed. :)

It would never leave the drawing board because no one here has any knowledge on how to execute it.

It would never leave the drawing board because no one here has any knowledge on how to execute it.

And how do you know what these players are/aren't capable of? Granted some seem like they've been let out of the zoo for the day but you can't honestly say that nobody here is incapable unless you know them all personally.

I've had so many issues with this game (errors), and every time I call Customer Service, they are top notch. I may not like what's going on, I may not like the outcome but Customer Service has been fantastic with each and every call.

Edited by DudeSweat

Many of the successful game developers since the 1980's have be set up by people that "didn't know what they were doing" (or were amatuers at least), including Bioware. :)

But really $200,000,000 buys a lot of expertise. :csw_yoda:

Exactly. It would be the usual chaos, just on a large budget, which would result in turbo-charged chaos.