Best RWZ teams post merger

Asunasan

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you takling about? The weekend was quiet but it always is (though BJ did get 3 matches against Ghost infantry of all people). We're still getting pops on weeknights just fine though.

Bah, I raid on weekdays... :( On a brighter note, TFB 16 HM down :D

I see you guys queuing in the mornings at 8-11am more nowadays :D The imps@ that hr are easier to farm than reps@nite :D

Covenant will queue whenever the mood strikes us and we have enough people on, but we make a concerted effort to queue on Mondays and Wednesdays. Our slowest days are on the weekend, so don't expect to see us then.

ps. We have never rage quit :)

- Jolly'o Goodshow

What are you takling about? The weekend was quiet but it always is (though BJ did get 3 matches against Ghost infantry of all people). We're still getting pops on weeknights just fine though.

Thanks to BlackJack for pulling together a team to make the match happen on Friday. Like I said at the time, it's "community development" since it encourages more people to dip their toe in ranked. A lot of people still bear scars from whoopings early in the gear grind, and are still scared of trying ranked.

I think it also proved Ghost Infantry (and friends) can field a very competitive team.... but many of us tend to be on during daylight hours rather than prime time evening hours. Not sure how we'll ever rectify that. :(

I will say it's a little disappointing how many other top-ranked teams / players are unwilling to play with anything but their top A team, because they're afraid of hurting their precious ratings if they happen to lose to anything but another top-tier team.

I see you guys queuing in the mornings at 8-11am more nowadays :D The imps@ that hr are easier to farm than reps@nite :D

Some of us start our day earlier than others. I for instance, get home from work at 5 am. We tend to have a 4 man group that ques all day with players coming in and out. :D

Dude there has to be like 4 different spellings i've seen on covenant now pick 1

Hah true, but this is the definitive spelling. We were forced into a name change after transfers and BW decided that Covenant with a K, or the communist covenant as Chukles called it, was acceptable and stuck us with it. We disagreed with their decision. This latest spelling is the final spelling.

- Jolly'o Goodshow

Edited by Sowwy

I think it also proved Ghost Infantry (and friends) can field a very competitive team.... but many of us tend to be on during daylight hours rather than prime time evening hours. Not sure how we'll ever rectify that. :(

It's very simple really. Because for them, daylight hours = farm, prime time evening hours = farmed. Even an imp could figure that out for you :D

Edited by Moriganno

Great Games this week. I know BJ had some great back and forth all week with Dead Weight and Full Resolve. It was nice to see the return of Cookies to RWZs as well tonight, though they have some rust to shake off. Was Ascendency the mystery team on tonight that FR played a few times but BJ never got?

Regardless great games all week glad the ques are happening, and I imagine if the teams keep wins this contested we can keep the interest level high.

LOL Deadweights are a joke in PVP

Someone must be a little tired from having to carry all that Deadweight in regs :rolleyes:

yee, we had matches with Ascendancy until past 1 !! maybe update the rankings? i think Deadweight definitely deserves to move up, and we have a winning record against Cookies too. Good times, and good games =)

I gotta agree, Deadweight also has a W-L ratio greater than 1 against cookies.

DW is doing great but if they had matches against Ascendency I"m unaware of them so its hard to justify moving DW above Ascendency. As for Cookies I'm told they went 2 and 2 last night against DW and lost nezlock to a DC in one of them. Before last night Cookies tells me their record against DW was 5 and 2 and that the 4 loses in a row to DW mentioned earlier never happened. If those numbers are accurate cookies still has a winning record against DW and not vice versa. Different sotries on the exact W-L ratio makes this difficult, but rest assured I'm looking more at a snap shot of more recent matches so that we don't have to keep track of every match that ever happened.

I'll pay extra close attention from now till the 26th. If between now and then DW has a wining record against cookies, or cookies fails to que I'll bump DW to number 2. Full resolve be aware that the same condition is being set between you and Blackjack since that would be two weeks in a row with a winning record against you. Bring your A team healers :p

LOL, if they want to lie about it then this thread has no meaning anymore with nothing to go on but peoples word. Most of the people who matter know where the teams really fall anyway, evidenced by their posting here.

Incredibly true :). It's pretty easy to see that the top 3 teams are Ascendancy, Deadweight, and Full Resolve - just like before the merger.

Blackjack does really well at times, and can beat us if we don't play at a high level or if Vara and I are off raiding, but I haven't been involved in a game where they just come out and dominate. But! They are awesome fun and I want Asuna to level up an imp so we can play together.

I don't think I'm ever around when we play Cookies, but they seem like nice people.

Also I've made the decision that Deadweight is banned from playing huttball.

LOL, if they want to lie about it then this thread has no meaning anymore with nothing to go on but peoples word. Most of the teams who matter know where the teams really fall anyway, evidenced by their members posting here.

Good to know I don't matter. And here I was thinking I was doing a passable job.

Look I can only work with the information that other teams give me, and with a pinch of subjectivity based on how strong the teams "feel" when BJ goes against them. If I get contradictory information from the leaders of the two teams I can either arbitrarily trust one over the other, or I can set up a condition like I did in the previous post.

Based on Cookies performance last night it wouldn't surprise me if multiple teams passed them, but both teams agree that Cookies v DW's record last night was 2 and 2 so adjusting after that doesn't really make sense.

Keep on working at it Asuna, it's not like the thread isn't appreciated for the forum activity.

Though I'd be more interested in hearing the opinions of the players on these teams on the players of other teams.

i.e. Asuna (just an example) ranking individual players from the other teams.

Note: Not from your own team, zero interest in hearing someone brag about their own members.

Edited by Margerita