Tired of people not spacebarring

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is, I'm 100% certain all the posts in this thread defending not spacebarring are badly geared and played casuals that don't have a 50. If they do, they don't play them at a high level and just level alts all day. Trust me, if you run each flashpoint enough times and don't have much time to watch cut scenes, you'll understand where me and the OP is coming from. I think this is BioWare's fault though and they failed big time with this game and his replay value when it comes to the story.

don't offend people you don't know.

I'm defending people who want not to space bar, and will annoy all who are calling noobs for not spacing.

play since early access, every day, and 4 50's (5th soon)...

there goes your 100%

Bottom line is, I'm 100% certain all the posts in this thread defending not spacebarring are badly geared and played casuals that don't have a 50. If they do, they don't play them at a high level and just level alts all day. Trust me, if you run each flashpoint enough times and don't have much time to watch cut scenes, you'll understand where me and the OP is coming from. I think this is BioWare's fault though and they failed big time with this game and his replay value when it comes to the story.

And you're 100% wrong. I defend the story watchers whenever I see people like you. And I'm 100% campaign geared (well, technically a lot of it is black hole due to the crappy itemization).

I understand where you and the OP "is coming from". I just think you need to reevaluate how you operate in game. Maybe if you're so frustrated about dragging people through stuff, you should stop using the group finder. If you're on so much outside of times your guild is on, you may need to reevaluate how you spend your life. That or realize that you actually have time to watch the cutscenes, or spacebar through and surf the web while waiting (a good cheap second monitor is great for that).

I spacebarred through the OP's entire rant. Then i spacebarred through this entire thread. With all the time i saved spacebarring i'm going to have the time watch a cinema in a hmfp. I hope i get the OP in my group.

Best answer ever!!!

Live with it or leave.

Second best answer ever!

I only do flashpoints to show off. The only problem I have with people watching cutscenes is that it takes away from the real performance....ME. Seriously, I am that awesome.

OK, you guys are killing me here...

Seriously... if you don't have time to do the whole FP, don't queue.

The reason the vast majority of players are in HM FPs is either i) to gear up or ii) to do their FP HM daily.

Now are there players who are not in them for the above reasons? Sure. Maybe a player who never does FPs, wants to do them now. They may be in them for the gear, or they may just want a reasonable challenge (since SM would be trivial at 50). I'm not denying players like this exist, I'm suggesting they're in the minority.

I, and many other players, have done these HM FPs many times. We enjoy them, but we're tired of the story. We're there for the BH comms. That's all we care about. It becomes frustrating when 1 person insists on "watching the story." THat's why attitudes become so hostile.

If you have 3 people who want to skip and 1 person who insists on watching the story, I'm sorry, but that 1 person is griefing the 3 others. What amazes me is when that 1 person grossly inconveniences the 3 others and then is surprised when they're vote kicked.

Use your heads people. I sympathize with wanting to see the story, but most of us just want our comms. So spacebar.

Yeah, that really has nothing to do with it at all. Gaming is entertainment, like watching TV, but interactive. I would argue that the people who have nothing better to do in life than watch the same cutscenes over and over again, are the ones who might wanna reevaluate...but I don't think EITHER behavior implies flawed 'priorities' in any way.

I do. Its kind of obvious that if someone sees their time as SO valuable that you can't afford to let people watch cutscenes that their priorities are not in the right place.

not wanting to fight with them and their overly strict group design ideals that everyone else must follow.
I always LOL at the lfg request for CtS. 5 dps looking for a group and someone is yelling need a tank and gtg for 10 mins. I've done it solo, with 4 dps and with everything in between including 2 healers and 2 tanks (the most fun I have had in CtS). I been call selfish and self-centered a couple times because I have gotten to where I just solo it with my sawbones and shadow. I do feel guilty about it, but I have just gotten tired of getting in groups with people that think they know it all. I have taken many fresh 50 through this with just 2 of us (with my healer), I can kill everything in there without a death, no I don't use the holy trinity of groups, but that is because the traditional group is not require for the content. If I can solo it with a infiltration shadow and Nadia up until the final boss (change to Thren then), anyone can, even 4 fresh 50s can do it without being the holy trinity of groups (i would suggest fresh 50s have a healer). Because I am a decent healer, but between spec and me, I am not that great of a dps shadow.

I will put my gear against anyone, BIS on everything but the barrel and have completed all content thus far. I spacebar, but I don't feel I can force or expect others in a group setting to do the same. Nice when I get in a group where everyone spacebars, but I am not about to force anyone to do anything they don't want to do.

@OP the first time you did the FP did you spacebar? If not, then cut new people a break and give them the same courtesy someone gave you.

Edited by mikebevo

Bottom line is, I'm 100% certain all the posts in this thread defending not spacebarring are badly geared and played casuals that don't have a 50.

lol, source for that claim ? or that comes only from the fumes of your ego ?

If they do, they don't play them at a high level and just level alts all day. Trust me, if you run each flashpoint enough times and don't have much time to watch cut scenes, you'll understand where me and the OP is coming from. I think this is BioWare's fault though and they failed big time with this game and his replay value when it comes to the story.

I have 2 toons at 50. Both with a mix of Rakata/BH/Campaing fully augmented. Both of them are social level 10 (or 9, whichever the max is ), so yes, I've played those flashpoints that many times.

And everytime someone wants to watch the cutscenes, I'm fine with it . It's their right to do so and I won't whine about it.

You had to know you were going to get a bunch of posts disagreeing with you on this.

I have 9 alts, 3 of them at level 50 doing end-game operations. I use the group finder all the time. I'll always spacebar but I never ask others to. If they're new people, I'll explain the boss mechanics and give tips. I also RP a bit in chat and sometimes tell jokes. Usually, I have actual FUN doing the flashpoint because of this (Perish the thought!)

This is a social activity. Being in a group and playing well with others makes for a more enjoyable experience all around. If you're so sick of doing flashpoints that one more time of seeing the cutscenes makes you want to rage, I recommend only doing them with friends, not pugs.

I, and many other players, have done these HM FPs many times. We enjoy them, but we're tired of the story. We're there for the BH comms. That's all we care about. It becomes frustrating when 1 person insists on "watching the story." THat's why attitudes become so hostile.

I get where you're coming from why be hostile about it? If not watching cutscenes is so important to you that you would actually kick someone who wanted to watch them, I would recommend only queue with guildies/friends.

Seriously, not to complain but can't you make it so that we have to option of going into a flashpoint or quest giver without all the useless conversations ive seen a billion times? Whats worse is there is always some noob who "hasnt" seen it, so then i have to twiddle my thumbs until the conversation is over.

Except you're complaining.

Shut up and accept it, the game doesn't revolve around you.

Seriously, not to complain but can't you make it so that we have to option of going into a flashpoint or quest giver without all the useless conversations ive seen a billion times? Whats worse is there is always some noob who "hasnt" seen it, so then i have to twiddle my thumbs until the conversation is over.

Why not play a game on your phone while waiting? :) I play Pyramid Solitaire if I have to wait (If I get Esseles I make sure to pull over my ipad) (I'm addicted to that game). I do understand the rush to get it done if you need to do real life stuff (Work, Kids, Etc).

But a convo skipper option would be good, or adding Speed Run/Normal Run to the GF options (Like how they have, "Match to in-progress groups").

You're either a troll or an idiot to post such nonsense. Way to troll.

I politely asked him, "Can we please wait for the others to use the elevators before attacking the mobs?

His response, "They should keep up"

i had a similar experience. was tanking Kaon HM with an impatient sentinel. it was the healer's first time. the sent kept running ahead of the group and pulling fights while i was trying to help the healer know what to do. it got really annoying when we hit the turret battle. he started the fight before everyone was ready. we wiped. i managed to get a few instructions in while we were making our way back, and we won the second time. as we were looting the chest, Mr. Can't-Stand-Still ran on ahead and died because no one cared to follow him. his excuse for pulling the mobs prematurely? "lol, i meant to buff." sure he did. shortly after, the other DPS and i got fed up and gave him a verbal thrashing when he opted to leave the healer behind to die during another bad pull (which was his fault again). and he had the nerve to get mad at us for stopping to help them.

DPS sage: "you can't leave your teammates behind!"

jerk sent: "yes, you can."

we probably should have kicked him at that point, but felt that his repair bill wasn't high enough. so we let him continue to run ahead and get himself killed. eventually, we finally beat the boss (which he, surprisingly, didn't pull first). he grabbed his goodies and left the party even before the final cutscene.

I'm all for letting people who havent seen the story and im not complaining about that exactly, I am just asking for an option to be given to skip it as a group. Also you guys are talking about leaving people behind in groups, im not so impatient as to leave my group behind just to blaze through the flashpoint, besides im a healer so i pretty much have to follow the tank at his speed anyways. Edited by Onlyxwishes

personally i space bar as i have seen everything but i do NOT demand others to do so if they haven't. some scenes i love to see over and over while others not at all. each our own.

BUT the ROOT of this problem is BH COMS. if so many over geared people were not racing through these zones to get them then all of us would NOT be here on this thread. it was a bad idea and hopefully will not be continued in the future.

BUT the ROOT of this problem is BH COMS. if so many over geared people were not racing through these zones to get them then all of us would NOT be here on this thread. it was a bad idea and hopefully will not be continued in the future.

I disagree. The BH comm reward gets more people to queue. Queue times would be much much longer without the end-game people trying to twink Best in Slot.

In my opinion the ROOT of this problem is people who feel that the flashpoint run is all about themselves and nobody else. I remember the very first time I started doing HM FPs -- a number of very helpful people gave me advice, tips on boss strategies, etc. They helped me to become a better player. I like to do the same to others.

In most cases, the people who want to watch the cutscenes and who don't want to mad-rush through the flashpoint are going to be newer level 50s. Don't treat them like an inconvenience. Help them out instead.

Edited by Khevar

Demanding others to skip the story is not a legitimate thing to do. If people don't want to skip they have the right to do it. Not everyone is there to run the FP as fast as possible just to get the commendations and credits at the end, some actually like to play a bit more of the game.

A legitimate thing to do is to demand another player to:

- stop attacking every single non-story/non-bonus related mob when nobody else wants to wipe everything that moves on the map

- slow down/wait when he starts attacking "standby enemies" without everyone being ready or even at shooting range distance (people clearly still on their way the spot, their back position being perfectly visible on the minimap). This is quite common on tank players that use the jump skill, which puts them way ahead of anyone else, when the others are still out of range or trying to recover their energy/health.

I just had to quit a team in an Esseles run last night because this guy (with this same mentality as the OP) refused to slow down long enough for others to get off the Elevators.

...Wait, you quit? Why? That'd be time for a votekick of the annoying guy.

I was tanking a BT run once and this guy didn't want to do any of the minibosses, kept pulling instead of me, etc. The healer actually initiated the votekick which was awesome. We did almost the rest of it 3man, then someone joined right at the end boss for a free 5 BH comms. Was the most fun I've had in a fp in this game.

The two who stayed said after that they normally skip but just didn't like his attitude. I normally skip some things in annoying harder fp's but it was BT, you can kill a miniboss in less than 1m and get more loot than skipping so why not? It's still gonna be fast!

TL;DR?

OP is narcissistic.

I have 4 level 50's with my sentinel in full campagin/BH gear and my trooper in rakata/BH gear. I did a HM esseles run on my sentinel last night for the daily coms and at NO POINT did I ask anyone to spacebar through the conversations.

Your post is 100% wrong. :mad: