a 5th class

Vladnar

Well we have 4 and therefore 4 different buffs for clearing chapter 2....how about adding a 5th class with a new buff which will entice older players to start yet another alt and bring them up alongside all the new players we'd like to see from the free to play?

A thought, personally it sounds tiring to bring them all the way through so PERHAPS if you have one level 50 already you could start the new one on level 30 or 40 to save all the hassle as an option too?

Nice

I'd like to see some confirmation that they will add new classes in the future.

To BW:

Could we get some kind of confirmation that BW will add new classes sometime in the future? I've been kind of worried about that since I heard F2P. I'm not saying you have so what it is or when you will add it but it would be nice just for a short answer of "yes we do plan too."

Any info would be great.

Edited by darthyrag

Republic agents and imperial troopers?

This does make sense. Further, I think that there should be Republic Bounty Hunters and Imperial Smugglers.

Heck, in an ideal vision, the BH and SM should both be neutral classes and at some point during the story the player chooses which side to deal with.

All that aside, when you get right down to it, all the famous characters from the SW universe are covered by the 16 advanced classes currently available. Adding a class just to try to shoehorn something different into the game is not necessarily good for the game.

On the other hand, there are not nearly enough playable races yet, but that's what expansions are for :).

I recall reading that when they were developing the game, they were originally thinking of having a Force Mystic (What the Voss are, basically) as a class. They went with Imperial Agent instead to balance out force users v. non force users (I'm glad they did since IA is my favorite class). But I could see them revisiting this idea in the future while at the same time making Voss a playable species. Edited by chuixupu

Republic agents and imperial troopers?

That could be, or also have a class of "crafters" which would not go alongside the already existing ones.

A neutral "camp" seems to me reasonable as it is often the game changer in the Star Wars universe.

giving already created classes to the other faction is a simple fix for the interim, however we need staying power and that means new classes, races and possibly hero classes.

there are quite a few ways this could go here are a few thoughts i have had:

first the Darth Bane legacy provides ample amounts of content if they dive deeper into the expanded universe. so as for content and story line that is really a non issue, making the story work is to easy.

as for class though:

the Darth Bane series of books provides a few open doors for classes still untouched.

most obvious that hasn't been brought up is the battle master's. if you recall these were on both sides and i believe made their way into the clone wars cartoon series also on the light side. as one unknown jedi was more or less meditating during the battle (while in view of it) to help sway the battle or bolster confidence and get courage and help to give the sixth sense guidance to the on the ground combatants. from the book series the dark side had the same type of person rather this dark jedi gave aggression and tactical sixth sense/luck to fighters during the sith wars.

from a MMO point of view this class archetype is nothing more then a traditional "Bard". it is a true support class providing a myriad of buffs through a channel ability, usually requiring those to "spin buffs" to achieve the most from them, generally able to keep 3 buffs up at a time once the timers wear off. so the bard continues to cycle through different channel abilities to put up a medium duration buff that would have to be re applied several times in the course of a boss fight.

aside form the buff abilities they could have additional abilities like protection abilities to help mitigate spike damage to various members or assist with battle rez's. if the support role is looked at their are many ways it could be introduced.

they would be light armor wearers

as for weaponry during the Bane series of books they also had a lightsaber that was actually a "light whip" now i know this is a leap for those only familiar with the SW saga. but i think it brings in a lot of fun and different avenues for the game to take.

with all the expanded universe written we have to adapt and grow we cannot stay to a cookie cutter class mmo or we will die. if no classes will be added then i suppose something could be adopted like "the Village" from SWG. althoguh with so many force users im not sure how this could be uncorporated unless to facilitate the hero class. however be restricted to 1 or 2 hero's per account. their would need to be a handfull of hero classes to provide options and an inability to have it all. so rather force a pick and choose methodology, again though hero classes will significantly advance the end game aspect as you will then have raids full of hero's which causes a major issue.

anyways, what are your thoguhts??

A new class would be a lot of work for BW.

In addition to creating the class, BW would also have to create a new class storyline.

They would need to write a story and script, hire voice actors and create the videos.

They may do this in a paid expansion, but I doubt that this will be in the regular game.

A new class would be a lot of work for BW.

In addition to creating the class, BW would also have to create a new class storyline.

They would need to write a story and script, hire voice actors and create the videos.

They may do this in a paid expansion, but I doubt that this will be in the regular game.

oh absolutely, i don't think anyone here is talking about a patch. we (at least I) entirely mean for future paid expansions. i think BW could get past the first expansion without a class addition but by the second it would have to happen. like wise if you think about it, the first expansion would probably be xmas next year 2013 then every two years probably, maybe one year if its a small cap increase.

wookie's...i already posted , weapons, spec's and such as well as some starter story, also mentioned maybe trandoshion as a new class. or both being 1 class but that would be more difficult...i'm to tired to re-type it all but it would be nice! *make it a class only obtainable by having 1 lvl 50 and lvl 25 legacy.

The Battle Meditation class person or "Bard" would be a sweet addition (thanks detzle :) ), but then there would be more force-users then tech-users. We would eventually need another tech-user. The Noble (Pub) and Crimelord (Imp) would be some obvious picks, but there could be other choices as well.

Some brainstormed ideas:

- Noble (Senator) / Crime Lord

- Royal Guards

- Melee Trooper / Brute (With a vibrosword or something)

- Slicers or Demolitionists (Techy guys)

- Pub Agent / Imp Trooper

- Primitive Warrior (Like a Gungan/Ewok/Wookiee warrior or something)

They would have to use an existing Stat like Aim or Cunning, because they can't just go around changing the core game mechanics. It may not be as exclusive to Classes then, but there is no other choice.

Edited by Hawk_IV
Not referencing someones idea

The Battle Meditation class person or "Bard" would be a sweet addition (thanks detzle :) ), but then there would be more force-users then tech-users. We would eventually need another tech-user. The Noble (Pub) and Crimelord (Imp) would be some obvious picks, but there could be other choices as well.

Some brainstormed ideas:

- Noble (Senator) / Crime Lord

- Royal Guards

- Melee Trooper / Brute (With a vibrosword or something)

- Slicers or Demolitionists (Techy guys)

- Pub Agent / Imp Trooper

- Primitive Warrior (Like a Gungan/Ewok/Wookiee warrior or something)

They would have to use an existing Stat like Aim or Cunning, because they can't just go around changing the core game mechanics. It may not be as exclusive to Classes then, but there is no other choice.

Hawk your right that would unbalance the force users. but i really like the primitive warrior idea. a straight up melee with vibro swords or some form on knucklers. (tera kasai) maybe?!?!?

that would be sweet

Edited by detzle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.