Perception that the game is dead

Imhotep

Why all the hate? Oh idk maybe it has to do with all promises that they made before the relase of the game like 700 hour of game play the dev talk about per toon or maybe all the bugs in the game that dont get fixed or maybe it has to do with that the content that they do have is worthless like crafting (biochem) is the only one worth having or maybe that everyone look exacly the same just to name a few.

Well said.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomb of Freedom Nadd

EUROPE PvP server is still doing well. Despite the fact that since GW2 launched PvP servers have suffered the most.

We still have two instances in fleet, and every non major planet has like 30 people in the evening. BH area has like that every time. Did my weekly 0200 in the morning CET Friday 25 people in the area.

LFG pop is ok for HM FP, couple mins in a bad day. WZs less to a min.

So when I come to the forums games feels death, I go and play and it feels alive.

Why all the hate? Oh idk maybe it has to do with all promises that they made before the relase of the game like 700 hour of game play the dev talk about per toon or maybe all the bugs in the game that dont get fixed or maybe it has to do with that the content that they do have is worthless like crafting (biochem) is the only one worth having or maybe that everyone look exacly the same just to name a few.

I'm well over 700 hours of played time.

Not sure what you did, but it was wrong.

Cybertech has been immensely valuable for all of my characters, and even Armormech is now making itself useful with augments and augment kits.

Do you even know what you're talking about, or is it just blah blah blah for the fun of seeing your typed words?

Snrk. Good showings on both sides, keep it up.

I can't remember what the other crafting offered, but slicing and biochemical seemed the only useful disciplines. And biochemical got nerfed. Everything else can just be gtned..

And where do those GTN items come from? Other crafting skills.

Yeah, the game certainly launched into a period of relative economic weakness. Incomes have been going down for well over a decade, but more recently the housing bust and stagnant unemployment certainly contribute to a general sense of malaise. Meaning possibly all the lost subs for WoW, SW:TOR and other games is potentially just due to household's interest in saving more.

Is it possible all the people who are citing the lost subscribers as a "Bioware-fail" are missing the big picture?

It is a myth that economic conditions mean less subscriptions. In times of economic troubles, the relative inexpensiveness of a MMORPG subscription for unlimited entertainment is one of the best values you can get. It is a lot cheaper than cable television, the movies, just about anything else you can think of. There was a university study done on this back around 2008 or so, but I can't find the link now. I wish I saved that paper, people constantly claim that subscription losses are due to the economy, and it just isn't so.

The other day, not realizing Juyo was an origin server, I rolled a Sniper there (Im full up on slots on Harbinger). I load in, nothing about it being an origin server, no offer to transfer. I walk around for a minute and realize I am one of 3 people total on the server.

I realized ah this must be an origin server and looked at the list and sure enough. Now I read and post on the forums I was well aware of the transfers. I just had a brain fart when I picked Juyo. But for people who quit and are returning who either arent active on the forums or just havent been paying attention to the game I can see where this would be an issue.

It makes me wonder if people do this and then think screw it this game really is dead.

BW you guys need to make it plainly clear for people that these are origin servers. Lock character creation and get these forced transfers done.

In the mean time I looked at all the origin servers and deleted all of my toons off of them as I've been on The Harbinger since day 1 and dont see a need to roll anywhere else.

so you didnt notice that Juyo is padlocked, greyed out, and listed as population locked on the server selection screen? i mean honestly, thats pretty hard to miss.

It is a myth that economic conditions mean less subscriptions. In times of economic troubles, the relative inexpensiveness of a MMORPG subscription for unlimited entertainment is one of the best values you can get. It is a lot cheaper than cable television, the movies, just about anything else you can think of. There was a university study done on this back around 2008 or so, but I can't find the link now. I wish I saved that paper, people constantly claim that subscription losses are due to the economy, and it just isn't so.

Especially when you look at some other games player bases which are thriving right now. Claiming the economy has an influence over subscription numbers is just a mute point. If a poor economy means people will pay less for forms of entertainment, does that mean they just play board games and do jig-saw puzzles? Personally, I find the cheapest thing I can do when I'm saving money is staying in and playing video games.

I give it two years from its release that the severs will still be up. F2p will add a lot of people with it but they will see that the game has nothing to offer and EA just screwed them out of $20.00. F2p is money from the game sales people will do one or two miros. There is no way that they can save this game so they are just going to make as much as they can before they shut it down. All the lies, Vo killed the game. The end.:D

VO didn't kill the game. Bugs, performance issuss, poor management communication, and lack of replayable content killed the game.

Edited by LeonBraun

If a poor economy means people will pay less for forms of entertainment, does that mean they just play board games and do jig-saw puzzles? Personally, I find the cheapest thing I can do when I'm saving money is staying in and playing video games.

It wasn't just that, but the study also addressed MMORPGs giving people facing the dreary reality of unsuccessful job hunting a place to go and escape that reality, if only for a little while. The study was pretty in depth, and I was impressed with it.

It wasn't just that, but the study also addressed MMORPGs giving people facing the dreary reality of unsuccessful job hunting a place to go and escape that reality, if only for a little while. The study was pretty in depth, and I was impressed with it.

If you could find that, I'd love to take a look at it.

That makes alot of sense to me. An immersive MMO is a much greater escape than other forms of media IMO.

so you didnt notice that Juyo is padlocked, greyed out, and listed as population locked on the server selection screen? i mean honestly, thats pretty hard to miss.

He did not notice it, because if you have at least one character on an origin server, it does not appear padlocked and it does not appear grayed out. It just looks like a LIGHT server in the server list.

Especially when you look at some other games player bases which are thriving right now. Claiming the economy has an influence over subscription numbers is just a mute point. If a poor economy means people will pay less for forms of entertainment, does that mean they just play board games and do jig-saw puzzles? Personally, I find the cheapest thing I can do when I'm saving money is staying in and playing video games.

such as? Every paid MMO is currently in a low point for subs ESPEICALLY WoW.

Based on Xfire numbers and we can argue now much value it has SWTOR is the second most played P2P MMO after WOW. GW2 is currently 3rd most played game on xfire but it lost already about 20% of Xfire players based on numbers. WoW has 5th place in all games, SWTOR is 19th in all games, Aion is 22nd, EVE is 26th, LOTRO is 35th, STO - 52nd, TSW - 64th, Tera - 70th, Rift - 74th, WAR - 105th. These numbers are from today. Edited by Evensong
typo

such as? Every paid MMO is currently in a low point for subs ESPEICALLY WoW.

Now, you can't get away with saying something like that without any proof.

So

a) please provide proof that every paid MMO is at a low point for subscribers

and b) that the game's that may be down are down due to the economy.

Thanks!

Edited by Skoobie

That's kind of funny, in my opinion they are very much a like.

I think it was the graphics that got me. We'd (a mate and I) been playing Eq2 for a bit and decided to give it a shot on the recommendation from another friend. Just didn't grab me. This is early 2005 I think.

As someone who was on the Ebon Hawk last night at prime time, I call BS. I counted a little over 210 on Republic fleet when I logged off. Heck, the activity in my my friends + guild list alone was enough to total beyond 35.

But...how do you know if your prime time is the same as the poster you quoted?