Are you going to renew and keep paying $15/mo?

Spetsnazos

I'll go month to month. I like the game so far. But if there are still queues a month from now (which I doubt) then I'm gone. I will not pay for a game that I have to stand in line to get into the game. I do plenty of standing in line waiting with the Military, I do not need it in my free time as well.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this game good enough to keep paying $15/mo for? Are you going to keep playing ? Or are you going to wait and see what they do in the first month?

I am going to pay and renew every month until Guild Wars 2 comes out.

ToR has a really refreshing story gameplay, its fun for me right now and I am enjoying it. It does not however have what keeps me around and thats in depth pvp.

Guild Wars 2 is offering RvRvR style of pvp and that really has me excited, possibly the first true successor to Dark Age of Camelot.

Once GW2 is out, I will cancel my subscription here.

I'm going to keep playing, but I agree with you. There are some issues going on with the game that make me wonder what they were thinking.

Splitting item stacks, the GTN search issues, getting stuck in clear/open terrain, 4th crew skill bugs when switching characters... What were the beta testers doing for all this time? I mean, seriously?

I am sure this will all get fixed, but I can understand the annoyances scaring someone off. I really hope BW will continue to improve this game, and draw more people in but I can see enough flaws to understand why someone might not want to risk sticking around.

Those bugs pale in comparison to the bugs that the last Star Wars MMO had on launch day. The Commando tree was broken and not fixed for well past the first 30 days.

In fact, this game so far is less buggy than WoW was on its launch.

Top notch thus far.

It is for me. Think about it. Of all the animation in this and other like games it's what you watch the most.

Uh.. the running animations in this game far eclipse the World of Warcraft ones.

But sure, if you wanna run like something is up your arse, all the power to you.

Absolutely not. This game will hold me for the month of course, but I don't see any longevity or depth to it past the first few raids and the 3 warzones. Leveling is exruciatingly dull in PvE (PvP leveling is all right) so I will not reroll at 50.

I know! All that story and cut scenes are so annoying! I just wish they would have stuck to 1 or 2 large zones where you can run around in circles for hours killing the same people over and over for xp..what were they thinking.

/sarcasm

Edited by Brakner

I'm thinking against it...The game play is WAY too aggravating for me and it makes it hard to quest solo when you have over-powered Elites all over the place when you should be doing lower-level quests...

Of course if they have some sort of a QH mod for SWTOR, it might help alleviate the frustrations (as I can limit the level cap).

But, in the current state of the game...I'm not even sure I want to continue playing it past this month!

not paying a dime unless they fix their fps issues.

huh? first I have heard of it , I get a consistent 80+ FPS on a 2600k and GTX 580 on high. My friend to my right (at work) on his AMD 620 Ati 4850 gets a consistent 50 on medium..

I am with my guild (53 people) in vent for hours and have never heard anyone complain about FPS ever.

Edited by Brakner

I'll level--but if the interface doesn't get revamped or some way to play and still find an instance group--I won't be paying to stand around in game and complain on the forums.

Will do a month at a time, not the six months I normally pay.

Interface is fine. Just need to get away from the WoW-Mentality...that's all.:rolleyes:

I am enjoying playing this game so far.

The time I get to play is generally short increments, which is quite unfortunate because I spent most of my TOR time on the weekend waiting for queues or coming back down to my puter and finding i had been logged off and THEN waiting in queues again.

I will not continue playing if the queues keep up. I find it quite silly that they assigned guilds to servers but they are still almost all overpopulated, even before launch date. It seems to me the queues are only going to get worse. I will be very disappointed if I am forced to not play this game due to queue times.

Thanks.

IDiOM

I am enjoying playing this game so far.

The time I get to play is generally short increments, which is quite unfortunate because I spent most of my TOR time on the weekend waiting for queues or coming back down to my puter and finding i had been logged off and THEN waiting in queues again.

I will not continue playing if the queues keep up. I find it quite silly that they assigned guilds to servers but they are still almost all overpopulated, even before launch date. It seems to me the queues are only going to get worse. I will be very disappointed if I am forced to not play this game due to queue times.

Thanks.

IDiOM

You should never play an MMO at launch, ever.