SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

Hey, I wanted to try out this tool but whenever I try to open the .exe file " SwtorUnleashed.exe " it gives me the error that it stopped working, immediately after I click it? I have all the perquisite programs installed, what am I missing?

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I wanted to try out this tool but whenever I try to open the .exe file " SwtorUnleashed.exe " it gives me the error that it stopped working, immediately after I click it? I have all the perquisite programs installed, what am I missing?

Is ImDisk installed? Try to keep all files in the Zip file together and extract them into the SWTOR program files folder.

Is ImDisk installed? Try to keep all files in the Zip file together and extract them into the SWTOR program files folder.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have Imdisk installed and tried to put all the files in the SWTOR folder but it still gives the stopped working error when I click it :(

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I do have Imdisk installed and tried to put all the files in the SWTOR folder but it still gives the stopped working error when I click it :(

Make sure you have downloaded it from the right place:

http://www.metasharp.net/swtor/SwtorUnleashed_v3.4.2.zip

If that does not work, try restarting the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and see if it works. If it does, then you have some program on your machine interfering with it: most likely your antivirus.

Make sure that you have more than 4 GB on your machine: 3 GB is the bare minimum and 3-4 is iffy.

This really does speed up the game. I'm running an 8 core 4.1 Ghz, 8GB Ram, Intel 520 SSD and a Gainward GeForce 760 4GB, and it's speeding it up even on this setup.

The game engine is pretty crap, they could have used another one, and they could have used streaming of maps rather than loading the whole map directly. If they did it like WoW, it would be just as fast as WoW to load a planet. Sadly, they did not, but this nifty thing speeds it up as much as it possibly can.

Edited by Wintermist

http://www.metasharp.net/swtor/SwtorUnleashed_v3.4.2.zip

If that does not work, try restarting the computer in Safe Mode with Networking and see if it works. If it does, then you have some program on your machine interfering with it: most likely your antivirus.

Make sure that you have more than 4 GB on your machine: 3 GB is the bare minimum and 3-4 is iffy.

Thank you again, but I re-downloaded, I putted the exclusion on my antivirus and I have 8gb ram and it still doesn't work, I will try the safe mode tommorow. Do I have to do something with ImDisk or just install it?

Hi there, tried to make it work but no luck so far, it keeps telling me ImDisk is not installed.

Well, actually it -is- ...

From a few posts above:

http://www.metasharp.net/swtor/Swtor...hed_v3.4.2.zip

Done, same error.

Done as well, same thing.

Antivirus: none running

Moved it to swtor directory: no change

Added swtor/swtor unleashed into PATH: no change

Brief machine config:

Win 7 SP1 64bits (Family Premium edition)

.NET Framework 4.5.1.x installed

RAM: 8 GB

Did I miss something ?

Edited by Zed_Tea

Found the problem, it was because of Radeon Pro, I use it with my nvidia card to force sweet fx in games and still be able to use steam overlay/xfire etc and was causing issues with this particular program, working now.

Thanks for the help.

Found the problem, it was because of Radeon Pro, I use it with my nvidia card to force sweet fx in games and still be able to use steam overlay/xfire etc and was causing issues with this particular program, working now.

Thanks for the help.

To use both RadeonPro and SWTOR Unleashed, I first run SWTOR Unleashed, and, when it´s done loading and the launcher pops up, run RadeoPro (which whines a bit when run in compatibility mode and as admin), then start the game.

NOTE #1: Once RadeonPro is run, SWTOR Unleashed doesn´t start properly (thus cannot be set to retail or quit) as long as the RadeonPro process is running. RadeonPro can be shot down manually thru Task Manager; after that, SWTOR Unleashed can again be run to remove it or start as retail.

NOTE #2: RadeonPro´s UI does not work in compatibility mode

I read the whole first post can anyone tell me how good this software is at maintaining performance and any cons that come up, thinking of installing it now

Only cons that I know of are set up time and that every time a patch is downloaded, you must run the game once in "Retail" mode, then quit the game and run it in "Unleashed" mode.

Increase of performance depends on your computer specs. For me, it does not keep FPS any more reliable than not running it. However, loading times are about half of what they are without it. Also, I do not have the loading screen come up after any taxi ride except for the ones on Makeb.

Only cons that I know of are set up time and that every time a patch is downloaded, you must run the game once in "Retail" mode, then quit the game and run it in "Unleashed" mode.

Increase of performance depends on your computer specs. For me, it does not keep FPS any more reliable than not running it. However, loading times are about half of what they are without it. Also, I do not have the loading screen come up after any taxi ride except for the ones on Makeb.

ok thanks may consider trying it that loading screen after taxi annoys me alot

Just got this up and running (I've only been playing SWTOR a month or so). Thanks for this program, it's the kind of thing I might think of but never have the initiative to do, and it's really cool of you (and your co-programmers) to actually do it, share it, and give it a nice fool-proof GUI for us.

One of the most annoying stutters for me is every time I dismount, there's about a quarter or half-second hang. With dynamic turned on and *no companion summoned* I can actually dismount completely smoothly, but still I get that little hang every time I dismount and summon a companion out of the aether.

Do any of you know if there's a particular asset that contains companions that I could keep loaded in the RAMDISK?

Thanks!

I have a high end PC but am disappointed with the FPS drops in PVP, near the GTN in fleet, and the map on Balmorra with the massive fighting going on. I've seen as low as 20-30fps in these areas when normally running around or fighting a few small enemies I hold 60. On Alderaan while cruising around on the speeder the flying animals animations gets kind of weird too.

System Specs:

i7-3930k w/ASUS X79 Sabertooth

64gigs RAM

2 x Samsung 840 512GB SSDs

2 x 7990/Crossfire enabled (which I heard SWTOR does not use)

Running Win7 ultimate

I've only been playing SWTOR about 2 weeks; I'm under the impression that there is no solution to the issues I see and that the engine is the limiting factor. I'm not looking for 200fps here, I judge my system more on what kind of FPS I see in Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider. I just want it to hold at 60fps AT ALL TIMES with everything maxed like my hardware can allow. Could this "Unleashed" software help this or would it be a waste?

I really like SWTOR so far but all the little visual glitches (lightsaber clipping with "skirts", capes doing weird ****, saber throw colors off, etc etc) and performance drops are really annoying to see in a game of this caliber and profile.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

I can't even apply the settings because the apply button goes beyond my screen. Possible fix please?

Move it up before you click on the settings. I have to do that on my laptop to be able to change the settings.

Edited by Icestar

I have a high end PC but am disappointed with the FPS drops in PVP, near the GTN in fleet, and the map on Balmorra with the massive fighting going on. I've seen as low as 20-30fps in these areas when normally running around or fighting a few small enemies I hold 60. On Alderaan while cruising around on the speeder the flying animals animations gets kind of weird too.

System Specs:

64gigs RAM

Running Win7 ultimate

I've only been playing SWTOR about 2 weeks; I'm under the impression that there is no solution to the issues I see and that the engine is the limiting factor. I'm not looking for 200fps here, I judge my system more on what kind of FPS I see in Crysis 3 and Tomb Raider. I just want it to hold at 60fps AT ALL TIMES with everything maxed like my hardware can allow. Could this "Unleashed" software help this or would it be a waste?

I really like SWTOR so far but all the little visual glitches (lightsaber clipping with "skirts", capes doing weird ****, saber throw colors off, etc etc) and performance drops are really annoying to see in a game of this caliber and profile.

Its true, I also have a high spec PC and get the exact same issues. My biggest problem with this game is and always has been this absolutely horrible engine. It is by far one of the worst MMO engines on the market.

• 2 weeks later...

System Specs:

64gigs RAM

Running Win7 ultimate

WIthTHAT much ram..... just load the ENTIRE game onto a ramdisk! Better than even a SSD!

Edit: So.... after I actually read your reponse... The whole clipping/capes/throws bit.... that's just the engine. Stuff like that can happen in ANY gameregardless of your rigs power. Now performance drops.... Unleashed can help. With you having SSD, won't help as much as a person with a regular HDD. But some improvements could bee noticed perhaps.

Edited by Aesten

hi. i've got enough ram to load the whole game onto the ram drive. what's driving me nuts is that every time i start the game the unleashed software clears the ram drive and reloads all the selected data.

is there a way not to do it every single time i start if the whole software is Already on the ram drive?

• 2 weeks later...

Having trouble after 2.6.

The game dies whenever I enter a planet. I can load into the game fine provided the character is on his ship, but if I try to load one planet side, the game just crashes to desktop--no error message or anything.

I ran around and loaded several different planets under retail mode, but as soon as I start unleaded, the problem comes back.

Fleets seem to be hit or miss.

I am about to buy the new ALIENWARE 17 with Win7 home prem, or ultimate havnt decided 64 bit tho, and with the 16 gb RAM i7-4700MQ processor (6MB Cache) umm NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M with 2GB GDDR5 and theres more. Is unleashed something i want? will it really enhance my game play or really whats the deal here?