Who do you vote for MVP?

fatninja

I'm currently struggling to understand why highest damage receives votes. Is that ******* marauder/insert dps here going to town on a tank receiving heals really deserve a MVP vote?

It is not always that. From my experience, "good healers" get more MVP votes than DPS classes. But then again, I see tanks and people who can "turn the game around" getting a lot of MVP votes too. In good teams, people notice who make decent contribution. Which is a nice thing.

I think its important for dps types to look at their total damage and their total kills ... efficiency in killing per damage done is what counts in my book. I commented on a video in the juggy forums to the guy that was in it re: the amount of damage dealt (2nd highest - mostly meaningless aoe smash on high life targets) vs. the number of kills he had (2nd lowest) .... on the same team, there was a healer who had high healing, the 2nd lowest damage output, but the HIGHEST kills. That healer would've gotten my vote!

Did someone actually heal me and keep me alive?Did they stay and defend an objective?Were they a good sport during the match?

These are my criteria.No one gets a vote if the team loses.Only guildies if any in the match.

Whiners, complainers and those that are generally disruptive get nothing from me.

1. Somebody who guards me for a good portion of the match.

2. Somebody who heals me frequently.

3. Somebody who keeps me company guarding a node.

4. Somebody who pays me a nice compliment on my play in chat.

If none of the above, then I'll usually vote for someone who guards the less active node or makes a crucial cap in CW/NC, or top heals. Top heals in VS unless there was no dedicated healer OR it was a landslide victory in the attacking round, in which case I'll vote for highest damage. Huttball I often vote top objective points because I think that's the one warzone where objective points tend to accurately reflect the top contributor (not always, but often).

My MVP priority list:

(1) Friends/Guildies, I'm pvping with.

(2) A solid healer, who did an awesome job of spreading the heals around and playing smart. (Not all healers are good at what they do)

(3) A solid tank, put out decent damage with a high protection amount.

(4) Someone with high damage, that played objectively. (If it was a powertech, or jugg that hit an insane overall damage amount but had 0 protection, they will not receive my vote. Happens quite often)

I normally MVP the best healer, unless I feel that another player has been exceptional (e.g. a healer who didn't heal as much as the top healer, but pulled my glass cannon *** out of the fire once or twice). I can understand why people would vote based on damage output, protection, kills, etc... All of our roles are important, but there's a reason that you go for the healers first.

Forgot to mention people who guard nodes with me. My main is a sentinel. She's not overly difficult to kill. Stay with me, and we're much more likely to keep that node.

Edited by SintheSinthe

I use a priority list to determine who I vote for.

For a win:

1. Guy who stayed with me on Defense (assumes I'm defending a node)

2. Top Objective

3. Top Healer

4. Top Protection

For a loss:

1. Least Medals

I do not ever vote for top DPS or top kills as those have a high potential to be completely meaningless.

Edited by Darth_Philar

Depends on what I am playing kind of.

If I am not a healer,

and I got healed; i will look for that healer.

I didn't get heals but know a healer was working; will look for high heal of a dedicated healer

Then objectives unless

We lost big time. then I am going most deaths. They need it and tried

If I am a healer, it's protection, or if I see a DPS regularly watch my back, or then the above again.

In order:

Top heals (if not a sorc guarding a node and lifetapping)

Top objectives

Top Protection

Top damage

or if I queue with friends I vote for them regardless.

If someone has a game winning play/save etc and I see it I vote for them.

Sometimes I even vote for the guy who did 40k damage in a full voidstar with no other stats. He needs it more, I have never understood how some people can be so bad at their class...

I cant count how many times I have had 250k more healing than the next healer (if any) and still get no votes. Its discouraging when I could just be spamming railshots into peoples faces instead if I played my dps, and just have more fun. A game or two of not getting any love while healing PUGs ensures there will be no healers in future games.

In order:

Top heals (if not a sorc guarding a node and lifetapping)

Top objectives

Top Protection

Top damage

or if I queue with friends I vote for them regardless.

If someone has a game winning play/save etc and I see it I vote for them.

Sometimes I even vote for the guy who did 40k damage in a full voidstar with no other stats. He needs it more, I have never understood how some people can be so bad at their class...

I cant count how many times I have had 250k more healing than the next healer (if any) and still get no votes. Its discouraging when I could just be spamming railshots into peoples faces instead if I played my dps, and just have more fun. A game or two of not getting any love while healing PUGs ensures there will be no healers in future games.

Yeah I don't know how that happens, In PuG matches I typically see healers get 3 votes per match minimum. Sometimes 6-7. As a DPS I always vote for the healer. Unless they actually campaign for votes in chat when the match ends, then I will remember their name and never ever vote for them again.

In this order

1) Friends

1a) If I notice someone doing something special and often. Directing well, scoring, preventing caps, etc.

2) A tank protecting me or with ridiculously high overall protection.

3) A healer healing me or with ridiculously high overall heals

3) A dps with ridiculously high damage

4) Someone with less than 8 comms if it looks like they tried.

5) High objectives.

6) nobody (only if we lose and everyone stunk it up)