Please be well geared...

SikrouDeco

I see this all day long when people are forming groups. I understand it and it has merit. Trouble is, having the best armor doesn't mean you have a clue about your class. Guilds run the ungeared through things all the time, and they end up with great gear and absolutely no clue as to how to use it. LOL

Just sayin...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please be geared, really means please have experience playing your class and experience in the raid we are about to attempt. There is no way of proving that you either of those two things besides showing that you have some gear from the raid.

Yes, it doesnt mean the person with said gear is wroth their weight at all, but it increases your chances in a pug that they may be.

understood

Oh that's funny when i'm on top of 95% of damage meters i've ever been in. Trying to do EC HM with people who pull 1k or under dps is somewhat difficult. Only so much carrying can be done. This game isn't hard, but for some reason the easiest job that can be done (dps) people still get it wrong. Therefore, I only look for geared people with the hope that they know what they're doing.

Seems to me like you either must be lucky enough to be on a server with people who can actually play, or you're another baddie surrounded by baddies giving you the illusion that you are doing it right. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kanjir

This game isn't hard, but for some reason the easiest job that can be done (dps) people still get it wrong.

Seems to me like you are in a great guild with people who can actually play, and im stuck looking for geared people with the hope that they know what they're doing.:rolleyes:

did i touch a nerve? :D dont worry keep up those high standards lf members that out gear the content you are trying to finish. also out dps 95% of the same bad players you "carry" might wanna be kept quiet but w/e helps you post at nite.:)

I hate when people are forming for a HM EV or KP, and I go to join on my sniper (2 Rakata, rest columi)...and they say I need more gear.

:confused:

That does seem odd. Haven't run that in a while now(anything less than Nim can be pretty boring, SM EC at least has interesting mechanics), but it should be a walk in the park for columi, especially a sniper dps role.

did i touch a nerve? :D dont worry keep up those high standards lf members that out gear the content you are trying to finish. also out dps 95% of the same bad players you "carry" might wanna be kept quiet but w/e helps you post at nite.:)

I'm guessing you must be yet another incompetent kid, flogging around the same old "umad?" variations. No, you didn't touch a nerve, i'm just purely tired of having to find new people every night because the people we bring aren't capable of working with easy mechanics. If for some reason you actually do know how to play, good job, you're one of the 5% who can play an easy mmo properly.

"Be geared and know the fights" That's entirely a bunch of CRAP. Elitest Nazis use that sentence and all of it's variations. HOW can someone "be geared and know the fights" if they've NEVER been on the Op? Or Flashpoint? If you're looking for players that know what they're doing, odds are REALLY good you elitest meatheaded nazis are skipping by some fantastic players, simply because they've not been fortunate enough to have run the Op,/Flashpoint you're wanting to run. Give them a chance.

Talking about DPS not being a difficult class to play..well, you're right. It isn't...provided the TANK knows how to do his or her job..yanno...TANK. In theory, DPS shouldn't take a single scratch unless it's from an AoE attack..if the TANK is as competent as people seem to think they are simply because they were fortunate enough to be taken through the Op enough times to get a full set of the gear.

I'm not the best player out there, but I'm competent enough to know what my job is, and how to perform it in a group. I'm a Juggernaut DPS. Just the other night I got into a group gearing up for HM Karraggaa's Palace, the Op lead asked "Where's your offhand saber?" when I replied "what offhand?" he felt it was prudent to remove me from the group. Newsflash: Juggernauts do NOT get an offhand saber. And just because a character is a Juggernaut, doesn't automatically place them in a TANK role. Yes, I got angry. I had every right to be angry, I have full Battle Master gear (slightly modified), and it's served me well in a lot of situations including against Elite and Champion MoBs. We were standing at the entrance to the instance, and because some meat head didn't know anything about my class, *I* got punished for it. So for all you Elitest Nazis out there, keep turning down the players that're probably the best ones out there. Next time you need another one to fill a group, you might just get told to get bent because of "Be geared and know the fights!"

Edited by DarthDrachonus
Additional information

For anything other then EC HM, I don't care who comes. I'm happy explaining fights and getting people gear - I do it every week.

However what I don't want is under-geared people, or players who haven't completed story mode EC to be asking to join a HM EC group. It's not because it's a hard op, it's because most people aren't up to par with what they need to do in regard to mechanics and forfilling their role in the group. Our group lost our ranged dps, and a tank. I've been tanking when I normally DPS because of this and I would say we are very lucky to find a decent pug dps. Hence the requirement that you're geared and at least know SM. There comes a point where gear is necessary to help boost the dps that people bring to a fight because otherwise it simply isn't high enough.

Also, in response to the above post, there are plenty of situations where dps will take damage from environmental damage/aoe's/mechanics where you simply can't avoid it, however depending on the fight there are ways that a smart dps can avoid damage.

Edited by Kanjir

"Be geared and know the fights" That's entirely a bunch of CRAP. Blah Blah Blah Elitest Nazis Blah Blah Blah

I'd have booted you just for having battlemaster gear on. Your contempt for tanks tells me everything I need to know about how little you know. If you think DPS is never responsible for pulling agro, you are not someone I would want to take on an Operation. You can be a good player in crap gear and that can only take you so far, and if I'm looking to fill out a PUG, sorry, I'll take the geared person over the non-geared person any day, unless I know them., or they come highly recommended. It's a matter of risk management. I don't want to waste my time wiping all night just to see if you can hack it. You can thank BioWare for dis-including DPS meters (because of people like you) so I have no meaningful metric by which I can judge your skill based on your gear. I've run across my share of players who are geared who stink, but as someone said, a well geared person of minor skill will probably still out dps a great player who is under geared.

Edited by Cubed_Art

real men do HM FPs and OPs naked....

lol, I like that.

But yeah, if you are filling a last spot for a guild, Ofc we will take the geared peep first unless we know you or you can give us a reason why. The Geared peep probably has more experience, will make the run easier, and is less lily to take gear a guildie needs (last point is top on my mind as raid lead and guild lead). I dont have to take pugs often but if I do I need to know they can handle it.

However, if you come to me on a less geared character and give me your experience and are happy to jump on comms and all that jaz, I will take you over my UBBERl33t gear who wont come on comm's, gets annoyed when I ask about experience and thinks he is entitled to come because he is him every day of the week.

Oh that's funny when i'm on top of 95% of damage meters i've ever been in.

Seems to me like you either must be lucky enough to be on a server with people who can actually play, or you're another baddie surrounded by baddies giving you the illusion that you are doing it right. :rolleyes:

This made me smile :)

95% of nothing is still nothing sorry, but your self proclaimed godlike ability counts for little in my groups because your damage meter means nowt if you lack the skills and experience to understand it or manage it.... like the awesomesauce DPS dude who runs round pew pewing like a headless Bantha.. DPS only gets you so far... you cant DPS when your dead!... Just saying :rolleyes:

You're trying to get into a group mainly to gear your toon, except that such group only picks the ones who're already geared. This is a pretty sad paradox in the game, indeed.:cool:

Indeed. I actually just makes me laugh.

It's the same in EVERY MMO.... just sayin'.

Which is why I don't play those games. It's just stupid.

I see this all day long when people are forming groups. I understand it and it has merit. Trouble is, having the best armor doesn't mean you have a clue about your class. Guilds run the ungeared through things all the time, and they end up with great gear and absolutely no clue as to how to use it. LOL

Just sayin...

Met a DPS Guardian like this the other day. I was on my Vanguard tank. "He asks how are you supposed to tank?"

I asked "What?" He responds, "I heard that Vanguard tanks suck." I asked him how he got all of that gear and had never run into a Vanguard tank. He admitted that his guild allows him to tag along on things.

We get into the flashpoint and the guy (since he is a Guardian) keeps firing off his AOE taunt and then complaining about the damage that he was taking and talks about how he knew that Vanguards could not tank.

He was vote-kicked and ignored. I won't have to suffer him again.