The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Yeah, this game sure is losing people...

Lium

The more does not always mean the merrier in the case of an MMO like SWTOR.

Still, I'm on Corellian Run and there are consistently plenty of people, even late at night when I tend to play.

There are usually 200 or so people on Fleet. During the latest event, especially, there were constantly around 4-5 instances on Nar Shaddaa and probably about as many on Dromund Kaas. Warzones pop up very frequently---not always instantly, but rarely after more than a few minutes.

P.S., to the OP: Taris is NOT boring! :mad:

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im allowed to hope and have my own opinion. im hoping right now that TOR will do just as good if not better than Lotro once f2p releases. so im sticking with this fantastic piece of work know as swtor, until i see that the game is in 'check mate'

The more does not always mean the merrier in the case of an MMO like SWTOR.

Still, I'm on Corellian Run and there are consistently plenty of people, even late at night when I tend to play.

There are usually 200 or so people on Fleet. During the latest event, especially, there were constantly around 4-5 instances on Nar Shaddaa and probably about as many on Dromund Kaas. Warzones pop up very frequently---not always instantly, but rarely after more than a few minutes.

P.S., to the OP: Taris is NOT boring! :mad:

The same on Nightmare Lands. Just logged off, 200-ish people on the fleet and we did 3 War Zones in very quick succession. No waiting at all.

And I agree with you, Taris is not boring, it's one of my fav planets :p

Edited by SilentKitty

Losing people or not, my mostly pve-oriented guild has been light on people logged on as of late. Didn't even do EC HM because it's just a boring grind now, that and we would have to pug over half the raid. I'm not saying the game sucks, just that it could really go for something new for those 50 players right about now.

Losing people or not, my mostly pve-oriented guild has been light on people logged on as of late. Didn't even do EC HM because it's just a boring grind now, that and we would have to pug over half the raid. I'm not saying the game sucks, just that it could really go for something new for those 50 players right about now.

Agreed you guys worked hard to gear to raid and to maintain a guild. You are the customers the devs need to focus on first and no I'm not being sarcastic. Hopefully you will get new content soon.

East and West coast pvp and rp/pvp servers were all standard but all the other 8 american servers were heavy or very heavy when i checked last night , just pvp players have left really.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

that does seem to be about right. pvpers are going for greener pastures. and i dont really blame them

fatman is dying though. they'll need a do a merger with it soon(i assume all the forced transfers will be put on fatman to try to beef it back up, but no one is even using those toons that will be forced to transfer

So, last night on the Republic fleet there were 217 people on and well over 100 on Coruscant. While questing on Taris there was close to 50. Yes, boring Taris. Fifty peeps.

Warzones were instant pops. No exaggerating. I'd click the little icon on my minimap, choose queue solo, and the WZ would pop the second I clicked the solo button. This is on Prophecy of the Five. And because a lot of you will say pics or didn't happen, I linked a screenshot to it. Check the number in the top left hand corner. It may not look that crowded but it was. It reminded me a lot of the old Ironforge days in classic WoW. (As a tragic consequence to my gawking, Kira and I were ran over by a speeder just as I was taking the pic.)

Haters will always hate, but I think the reports of SWTOR's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Oh yes-how many servers have been effectively closed again? 90% I believe?

At least 1.4 million have quit-no worries of lost players here..

Ooh, 50 people in the level range for Taris-that's definitely the sign of a healthy MMO-. That's fifty people. That's as much as five tens. And that's wonderful.

East and West coast pvp and rp/pvp servers were all standard but all the other 8 american servers were heavy or very heavy when i checked last night , just pvp players have left really.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

The other 8 servers? That right there doesn't scream problem for a game that launched with over 100 US servers?

Oh yes-how many servers have been effectively closed again? 90% I believe?

At least 1.4 million have quit-no worries of lost players here..

Ooh, 50 people in the level range for Taris-that's definitely the sign of a healthy MMO-. That's fifty people. That's as much as five tens. And that's wonderful.

The context of this discussion is population stability since server transfers. ;)

PvP servers continue to decline as this games PvP does not meet their needs.

PvE servers on the other hand, doing fine, even with the GW2 frenzy.

Yeah, 90% of servers from launch are locked, but server populations on the remaining are still strong, still robust, and represent more then half a million active subscriptions I know that bothers you, but you cannot hyperbole us into thinking the game is still suffering a high attrition slope.

Obviously this game isn't losing customers/players. If this game was losing people faster than it was gaining people, why would Bioware lower the price of the game from $59.99 to $9.99 in only 10 months? That just simply doesn't make any sense....

The context of this discussion is population stability since server transfers. ;)

PvP servers continue to decline as this games PvP does not meet their needs.

PvE servers on the other hand, doing fine, even with the GW2 frenzy.

Yeah, 90% of servers from launch are locked, but server populations on the remaining are still strong, still robust, and represent more then half a million active subscriptions I know that bothers you, but you cannot hyperbole us into thinking the game is still suffering a high attrition slope.

So after locking 90% of the servers and effectively forcing transfers the population has remained stable for the past month. Congratulations to Bioware for setting a goal of 'hopefully the bleeding will stop' and meeting it, at least temporarily.

That's like saying 'business at the general store has picked up' after the competition went out of business. Players have to play somewhere, and Bioware has decreed that only a select few will be available (especially after the truly forced transfers are implemented).

How many more than half a million? Why is Bioware so afraid to release a concrete number?

So after locking 90% of the servers and effectively forcing transfers the population has remained stable for the past month. Congratulations to Bioware for setting a goal of 'hopefully the bleeding will stop' and meeting it, at least temporarily.

That's like saying 'business at the general store has picked up' after the competition went out of business. Players have to play somewhere, and Bioware has decreed that only a select few will be available (especially after the truly forced transfers are implemented).

How many more than half a million? Why is Bioware so afraid to release a concrete number?

I think it is allready understandable by everyone why they had to do the transfers. Sure they have failed to meet thier expectations and I serously donot think they have half a million subs now. But Andryan is right..the PVE servers which are the ones left after the transfers is pretty stable. Maybe now a little less with a few playing GW2, but still subbed for TOR, but overall staying about the same.

Also some players now that schools have started back up in a lot of places, are logging off sooner and you may see some lower pops earlier than they have been during the summer. But what is done is done. With FTP coming, I would say there will be without question a increase in the number of players playing...but how much of a profit increase it will bring to BioWare/EA remains to be seen.

they have more then double then EVE has

The population has been holding steady since the server mergers

..... so... no

sorry but EVE dont have much population anymore. before there would be up to 100k logins now it barely goes over 15k ever since miners get harrased even in high sec loads of casual players there have quited after hulkageddon when people starting to loose orca's and hulks on simple high sec minings ops the fun kind of dissapears.

Because it's probably something like 501 million:p.

Thing is, as long as you have people to play with then there's no issue. Warzone pops have died down but I think we all realized that PvP in this game was always going to fail. The future of PvE looks promising if they make NiM EC and NiM Terror really really tough. I like the idea of something like the Black Temple and The Sunwell. Those took a long time for most guilds to clear - some never did lol - and no one complained about the lack updates because the current content was so challenging. I can't take having the current content on farm for 4 months - I think I can actually do HM EC while doing taxes - if we don't get content that takes us a long time to clear I will let my time run out and come back after a couple months worth of PvE have been added.

So, last night on the Republic fleet there were 217 people on and well over 100 on Coruscant. While questing on Taris there was close to 50. Yes, boring Taris. Fifty peeps..

There are 5 servers with those kind of numbers. 5. There used to be 50.

This is the reason why I don't like the fact that they don't show join-dates on the forums anymore. If you joined three weeks ago, yes, then you can pretend that this game isn't loosing people. If you joined 8 months ago, you know it's not true. But because Bioware doesn't want us to know when people joined, we don't know.

Edited by Yogol

afaik it still is the second most popular MMO in existence

SWTOR number 2?!?

WoW, Second Life & Aion all have more subs than SWTOR.

Maybe Rift too, although they tanked alot too.

EVE probably too, unless SWTOR didn't loose alot of subscriptions in the last 3 months (very unlikely).

GW2 won't have a big impact on SWTOR, if you still play SWTOR now, you won't quit (at least not untill f2p hits and you can judge yourself if Bioware is too greedy with the shop or not).

The future of PvE looks promising if they make NiM EC and NiM Terror really really tough.

PvE won't recover this game, unless they do something about the lack of tanks & healers. Somehow, Bioware decided that you only need 2 DPSes for each tank & healer and that is just not how the player-base is divided.

Edited by Yogol

What does EC stand for? I have been trying to figure out what the name of the ops/flashpoint can be abbrieviated like that and it is driving me crazy.

Explosive Conflict?

Also, Planetside 2 is ramping up their beta, so that's gonna pull some peopel away. And yes, people can like both FPS and RPGs, crazy right? In fact I don't know anyone that only likes a single genre.

Edited by ChazDoit

Explosive Conflict?

Also, Planetside 2 is ramping up their beta, so that's gonna pull some peopel away. And yes, people can like both FPS and RPGs, crazy right? In fact I don't know anyone that only likes a single genre.

I been waiting for that beta. That game looks good.