Just Called Gamestop , and got told

Dustman

We are not having a midnight release because , everyone who has pre-ordered Star wars the old republic has gotten early access codes so that we did not have to have a Midnight release.... he then continued to tell me Bioware will be turning the servers off at midnight , and they will bring them back up all at once...

what really made me laugh was to come........

he then stated that they also were not doing a midnight release because "it does not compare to a WoW release , and they have not had enough pre-orders to have a midnight release. he then told me he had participated in multiple beta's and that there is just not enough buzz for them to have a midnight release

i love that the game isn't even out yet , and people already say "it's no wow"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many just aren't doing it because many stores don't have the manpower to cover midnight launch and the additional extended holiday hours and really no point in a midnight launch with a 2 day grace period unless there's some grand spectacle going on there.

the man actually said that not 1 gamestop store will be having a midnight release

That's funny. My gamestop made it a point to tell me about the midnight release tonight when I paid the game off last week. I also got a text reminder yesterday telling me I can pick it up tonight at midnight.

With the grace period it's a moot point and I could use the sleep anyhow. I was planning to pick it up on my lunch break tomorrow anyways.

I think your gamestop has lazy and misinformed employees.

Well this should cure server lag temporally. :)

I took much delight in going in one of my local gamestops and asking about the 60 day game cards. They said you can pre-order them. I said why? I already have my account set up. I was just seeing if you had them. I have my game.

They said early access. I said no I have my CE box Amazon shipped me.

They were upset and jealous. Serves them right they are always rude to me there.:D

I love how the guy doesn't take into account the fact that people just don't want to buy from Gamestop anymore. Maybe that's why there's no demand there?

Anyway, game sites everywhere are calling this the most anticipated MMO in years, so I wouldn't worry too much about what a minimum wage Gamestop employee says.

I took much delight in going in one of my local gamestops and asking about the 60 day game cards. They said you can pre-order them. I said why? I already have my account set up. I was just seeing if you had them. I have my game.

They said early access. I said no I have my CE box Amazon shipped me.

They were upset and jealous. Serves them right they are always rude to me there.:D

HAHAHAHA oh now that's funny right there :D

Gamestop was right about the TOR versus WOW--Cataclysm has 3.3 million sales in North American alone--more than the estimates of TOR world wide.

Cata has been out for over a year... >_> ?.. rofl.

And uhmmm...

Just sayin...

SWTOR has atleast 2million people PLAYING. and i'm sure Tonight / tomorrow when the game is ACTUALLY OUT FOR REAL.

Will easily have 3mill or maybe more..

just sayin' >_> .. lol

Gamestop was right about the TOR versus WOW--Cataclysm has 3.3 million sales in North American alone--more than the estimates of TOR world wide.

Wow is a mmo that started in 2004, that means in has been ongoing for 7 years. Cataclysm is the third expansion to the game. Wow has a huge pop, you can't compare that to a game that is being realesed soon. So don't give us the bs that "gamestop employee was right". It's like comparing the first Mercedes Benz to a Ferarri.

Cata has been out for over a year... >_> ?.. rofl.

And uhmmm...

Just sayin...

SWTOR has atleast 2million people PLAYING. and i'm sure Tonight / tomorrow when the game is ACTUALLY OUT FOR REAL.

Will easily have 3mill or maybe more..

just sayin' >_> .. lol

Cata had 3.3 million sales and pre-orders on week 1.

I also highly doubt we're up to 2 million for SWTOR.

On the other hand, those of us who pre-ordered at Gamestop have been playing the Early Access all week. I got in the 3rd wave on the 13th, while those who pre-ordered via many other places got the shaft on Early Access. So, I guess it evens out. :)

I'll be at my local Gamestop tonight to pick up my game.

I got a very general phone call that "Star Wars the Old Republic should be arriving tomorrow evening".

Rather..........general wouldn't you say?

Doesn't matter, I won't be awake at midnight LOL I'll be back at full speed Tuesday.

Cata had 3.3 million sales and pre-orders on week 1.

I also highly doubt we're up to 2 million for SWTOR.

And WoW has HOW MANY PEOPLE ALREADY PLAYING!?!?!?

And if you WANT TO KEEP PLAYING YOU NEED THE XPAC!

Unless of course, you want to stay back a xpac for whatever reason..

Just so you know... SWTOR had just NA pre-orders (NOT DIGITAL!!) almost one million alone...

then throw in origin pre-orders and the rest of the world, easily 2 million.

If you're going to sit on the SWTOR forums and defend WoW I suggest you leave.. NOW.