Canderous Ordo is having severe issues today 8/24

Kalli

Good luck logging into this server. If you get in it takes anywhere from 5-10 mins on the fast side also don't change to an alt because then you'll get the server is down for maintenance message. Finally the mail system isn't working, I'm unable to send or receive mail on my characters.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And right before I was about to log in...

Around midnight to 1am Eastern I was having bad kicking problems out of no where for one of my alts. He would either crash during load or right as he logged on. The other characters on this server, no issues.

How many others though OP have been having the same problem as you?

• Dev Post

Hello everyone! We appreciate your reports, and we are currently researching issues of long load times and error messages indicating your characters are unavailable due to maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be sure to update you in this thread as new information becomes available.

If you're looking to add your report, please give as much detail as possible about when and how you were experiencing issues. Thank you!

Hello everyone! We appreciate your reports, and we are currently researching issues of long load times and error messages indicating your characters are unavailable due to maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience and will be sure to update you in this thread as new information becomes available.

If you're looking to add your report, please give as much detail as possible about when and how you were experiencing issues. Thank you!

Amber,

Your interest in this thread and this issue is shocking. These issues have persisted for approximately two and a half weeks at this point. After countless threads on the many annoying manifestations of this issue, I am surprised, yet refreshed, that someone at Bioware has taken an interest in Canderous Ordo.

Let me give you a large number of things to go on here:

1) When the server issues are happening, the mail system is unavailable. If you are in the process of retrieving messages, items, or credits, you get a failure message.

2) The GTN does not work. When the issue happens, you can search for items, and can purchase them, but your request is not processed until the fit passes. You are unable to list more than one item, as any item you list will get stuck processing.

3) If you are attempting to zone you will get a loading screen until the issue resolves itself. This can be anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. There are multiple threads in the customer service forum specific to this issue on Canderous Ordo.

4) If you attempt to log to character select, you will get a loading screen until the issue resolves itself. Also, 5 to 15 minutes.

5) If you try to close the client and log back in, you will not be able to reach character select until the issue resolves itself. This can take anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes.

6) If you are dead, you are unable to click the return to medcenter button until the issue resolves itself.

7) If you are in a flashpoint you may continue to kill mobs, progress through story, etc, without any issues. Attempting to leave the flashpoint results in the loading screen of death, 5 to 15 minutes.

8) If you are in a warzone the warzone will persist as usual until the conclusion, at which point you will be unable to exit the warzone until the issue resolves itself. Typically, this is between 5 and 15 minutes.

NOTE: These issues DO NOT cause disconnection from the server.

These issues are NOT the same thing as server lag. I am not so stupid as to confuse the two. To be perfectly clear, we are also experiencing issues with lag in certain places. Lag seems to manifest mostly in operations and warzone, and while very temporary (usually 2 to 3 seconds), often results in a dead operations group.

Thanks for your concern,

Scrawl

50 Vanguard

Canderous Ordo

I have also been experiencing this issue.

The warzone queu pops and I accept then sit there unable to interact with anything around me, however I can still move around.

Also, when the warzone ends and I select to leave the warzone I remain in the warzone.

On either instance I have to completely leave the game and relog in. It was at this time last night that I first encountered the 'unable to log characters in due to maintenance.' issue.

When I have had to re-log due to the warzone queu sticking I have noticed it takes an unusually long time to get to the character select screen.

Today (08/24/2012) at 2pm EST/EDT in the PVP Warzone voidstar, on the Canderous Ordo server - After warzone ended, multiple players to include myself were hung up in the warzone still after clicking "exit". This happened multiple times yesterday, but today I am providing the date/time/server information requested. I remained in the zone for appr. 4-5 minutes, not sure if I should log out/log back in or just wait it out. It finally let go of me, but then came the wait time in the "return to fleet" screen..... nope I got dropped and got the error "player can't be accessed, etc due to maint." etc etc. Now I am at server selection screen, but it doesn't let me back on the server, I get the same error message as stated above. Edited by SiThEnErGyFoRcE
additional information to add

Add me to the list of people requesting a reboot. I have been putting in bug reports the past few days and the various problems seem to be getting worse. I just tried to use a fleet pass, and after the animation nothing happened for several minutes. Then when it tried to zone me to fleet finally, it failed with the "currently unavailable due to maintenance" error.

I just submitted a ticket for this experience on Belsavis, more details are in the ticket:

1:12 click on shuttle door to go back to ship. Nothing happens, wait.

1:15 Three minutes later finally transitions to loading screen. Progress bar goes to about 1/3. Wait.

1:18 Three minutes later, back to select a server screen with "your characters on this server are currently unavailable due to maintenance".

Last week certainly, last two days especially, the server has been awful.

Attempting to zone (elevator, FP, Op) results in...nothing happening. You can continue to move freely, etc. Then, suddenly, you get a loading screen. At this point, I simply cross my fingers and hope I arrive. Sometimes I get dropped right where I started (frustrating when I now have to hoof it to the FP instance I was aiming for), get dropped to the character selection screen, or get kicked from the game.

Ops wipes and not being able to return to the medcenter, getting stuck in the door with 1 HP, UI resets to defaults and settings vanish. KP Tuesday, and Denova yesterday. I'll start holding my breath right now, for a fix that doesn't break it worse.

It seems as if some router/ISP on your end (swtor, austin, whatever) is throttling bandwidth via packet shaping, as everything hangs at once, then when it finally unhangs, everything goes through at once.

It's like every command sent to the server is backing up against a gate, then all being let through at once.

I'm not a netadmin or anything, so i don't know how else to describe it other than through bad metaphors, lol.

Please, look into the routing/isp actions on your end, as it has to be there...users all over the country are experiencing this at the same time,

Repost from another CS thread. Thought I'd put it here too, since it's relevant.

Just a few pieces of info from today.

At around 1PM(All times will be central) Our group left Hammer Station, extremely slowly. Within 15 minutes, we went back to Nar Shaddaa, where we crashed for "Maintenance".

During this time of lag before the Disconnect, all chat for our group had worked fine, and the problems mainly arise once you start trying to leave a zone(In our cases, Hammer Station and our ships to get onto Nar Shaddaa.)

Thank you for looking at this, and I hope it helped

Lol ^^