Cathars: Will we be able to have Manes?

Xanikk

I like the cathar models for males in game so far. I understand the need for customization for players so I really hope we can have the ferocious lion mane look that male cathars have in game right now.

I will be a sad panda if we can't. :(

I would rather have a big *** helm or clipping issues then have no mane. Don't be lazy devs!

Edited by Xanikk

It's really pathetic the short cuts the devs are taking in this game with content and it shows. :(

You do realize that they created the more humanoid Old Republic Era Cathar years ago, yes? This is precisely the kind of reaction that is wrong with the playerbase of this game. "X might not be created to my exact specifications, I better trash the game as a whole! I bet that will get them to listen to me!"

Wrong.

What, you want someone else to read the Wookieepedie entry to you? It explains it right there, next to the picture.:p

Well the different colored subspecies of Twi'leks are available as different options when creating Twi'lek characters. Possibly some of the features from the Cathar subspecies could be present when creating the character: different coats of fur, mane appearance etc.

Edited by Vitas

You do realize that they created the more humanoid Old Republic Era Cathar years ago, yes? This is precisely the kind of reaction that is wrong with the playerbase of this game. "X might not be created to my exact specifications, I better trash the game as a whole! I bet that will get them to listen to me!"

Wrong.

I'm sorry you can't notice the quality degredation but I sure as hell can. Multiple races are just reskins of another, not counting the twileks.

Chiss, cyborg, and now cathar. I stand by my statement that they are taking short cuts, at least in the art department.

Well, they do intent to test the market with the Cathar, as it were, in regards to playable species.

They chose the Cathar as first species because it would be easy to implement.

All the other cooler species need additional tech when it comes to head slot items, hoods and clipping.

Or webbed feet and hands.... or face tentacles....

Cathar instead are close to the species we already have, so less work, and a way to gauge general

interest when it comes to additional playable species.

Easy on the devs? Yes. Not quite what we are hoping? Sure. Better than nothing? Hell yes.

We need to show the devs that it's actually worth it for them to get the additional tech in.

Otherwise we'll never get playable Mon Cals, Kel Dor, Togruta, Nautolans....

They chose the Cathar as first species because it would be easy to implement.

This is my main beef with the devs recenty. They only seem interested in adding new, cool things if its "easy".

As I said, they are taking short cuts and being lazy. It's really shown in the overall design.

- Newest Operation has only 4 bosses expected to last 5+ months

- 8 classes (pub and imperials are mirror classes, no real effort to make them different AND balanced)

- The whole highly touted legacy feature is just created to give us "options" to enhance our characters that other mmos already have just in a different way. WoW gave increased xp to old content through patches and added gear that gives increased xp. Legacy really added nothing innovative or unique to this game and thats a damn shame. It all ties into laziness from the devs.

This is my main beef with the devs recenty. They only seem interested in adding new, cool things if its "easy".

As I said, they are taking short cuts and being lazy. It's really shown in the overall design.

- Newest Operation has only 4 bosses expected to last 5+ months

- 8 classes (pub and imperials are mirror classes, no real effort to make them different AND balanced)

- The whole highly touted legacy feature is just created to give us "options" to enhance our characters that other mmos already have just in a different way. WoW gave increased xp to old content through patches and added gear that gives increased xp. Legacy really added nothing innovative or unique to this game and thats a damn shame. It all ties into laziness from the devs.

I still dont get the whole relationship feature of legacy...like my sorc and jugg can be married and my op can be their daughter...like ***???

Maybe they will have manes, who knows. They could always just make the mane disappear when a helmet is donned to avoid clipping issues, with the suggestive idea being the hair was just flattenend out - thats some big helmet hair!

Or just stop being lazy devs and make the helm work with it. have the mane get squeezed under your helmet down your chest a little bit or something.

For the budget they had they really have no excuses to make so many short cuts.

Edited by Xanikk

I really don't want a bald headed Cathar. I've read Star Wars: LEGACY & I know what Cathar look like.

I've been a Star Wars fans since well 85 (born in 80). I know beyond FACT that Cathar are NOT the most desired playable species for TOR fans. Maybe for furrie RP freaks but NOT for Star Wars fans. This is simply an insult to the intelligence and knowledge of Star Wars fans.

Rodian

Trandoshan

Wookiee

those three right there are far ahead of cather.

Edited by Stoicraven

I've been a Star Wars fans since well 85 (born in 80). I know beyond FACT that Cathar are NOT the most desired playable species for TOR fans. Maybe for furrie RP freaks but NOT for Star Wars fans. This is simply an insult to the intelligence and knowledge of Star Wars fans.

Rodian

Trandoshan

Wookiee

Cathar may not be my favorite, this video explains why

But nevertheless, every poll prior to launch had Cathar number 1 with Togruta a close second. I personally think this may have been due to the fact that SWTOR was marketing heavily to the WoW crowd and less to the star wars fanbase. So you go alot of people into cat people and stuff.

It is what the majority wanted and i am glad they pushed something through that was in demand.

Cathar may not be my favorite, this video explains why

But nevertheless, every poll prior to launch had Cathar number 1 with Togruta a close second. I personally think this may have been due to the fact that SWTOR was marketing heavily to the WoW crowd and less to the star wars fanbase. So you go alot of people into cat people and stuff.

It is what the majority wanted and i am glad they pushed something through that was in demand.

Double bollocks. Cathar was never number 1. Never, ever, ever. Kel Dor and Nautolin usually dominited most lists, with Trogruta, Mon Cal, and oddly enough, my favorite Rodian usually rounding out the top 5.

Double bollocks. Cathar was never number 1. Never, ever, ever. Kel Dor and Nautolin usually dominited most lists, with Trogruta, Mon Cal, and oddly enough, my favorite Rodian usually rounding out the top 5.

Nevertheless, they here to stay now.

Rodian

Trandoshan

Wookiee

"This is simply an insult to the intelligence and knowledge of Star Wars fans" ?

Ohh... this makes one feel so sad. I am very much looking forward to the addition of the Cathar, it has really made me look forward to the coming additional content coming up. Not a furry, but very much a fan of Star Wars. Is it really so horrible that another player wishes for something that you do not want? Here's hoping that the next species added is something more to your liking, I like for my fellow players to be happy as well.

Different people like different things, it is not so difficult.