Why whine that the world event benefits only rifle users? Pistol users benefit more

Eternalnight

Why is everyone complaining that the current world event only benefits those classes that use rifles?

Some benefits of the bowcasters you can buy from the event vendor include such things as

1. Appearance.

If you like how these weapons look like, you can now get a weapon that looks like that. Ok, I freely admit that this benefits rifle users only. However I don't consider this the most important benefit.

Besides, not a big deal anyway. Pistols are smaller and less visible and there are plenty of possible appearances to choose from already.

2. The "legendary" barrell mods in these weapons.

Well these are not the greatest thing ever, since even columi are better than them, but for any fresh level 50 with only tionese or worse weapons, these can be a nice upgrade.

But why are people saying these are for rifle users only? Ever heard of pulling out the modifications and putting them into another weapon?

All ranged weapons users can use these. And as a matter of fact some pistol users such as mercenary and gunslinger benefit more from this than any rifle users, since they can use it to upgrade both their main hand and offhand weapons

3. Being able to use these bind on legacy weapons to transfer bound barrels to your alts.

You can now send even the barrels of any rakata weapons you have. Very nice, but mostly only good for gearing alts.

Again, all ranged weapons users can use these. And again mercenary and gunslinger will benefit twice as much as any rifle user, since they will be able to upgrade both their main hand and off hand weapons.

4. Being able to transfer color crystals with the legacy bound weapons

Including possibility to send certain color/stat combinations otherwise only available to one side, between republic and empire.

Now this one all classes, not just ranged weapon users, can use. Actually this one may be even more cool for lightsaber users.

Now I do understand that some people complain that this event mostly benefits ranged weapon users, since 2 and especially 3 only benefit them and not the melee. This is a legitimate complaint. (although I do believe that melee will get theirs eventually as well in a future event or something)

However I don't know why so many people are complaining that this only benefits rifle using classes and not pistol users.

Wake up people!

This benefits pistol users too. And classes that dual wield 2 pistols do benefit even more than rifle users.

2. The "legendary" barrell mods in these weapons.

Well these are not the greatest thing ever, since even columi are better than them, but for any fresh level 50 with only tionese or worse weapons, these can be a nice upgrade.

But why are people saying these are for rifle users only? Ever heard of pulling out the modifications and putting them into another weapon?

All ranged weapons users can use these. And as a matter of fact some pistol users such as mercenary and gunslinger benefit more from this than any rifle users, since they can use it to upgrade both their main hand and offhand weapons.

Do you really think that a fresh level 50 pistol user, who can make use of the mods inside bowcasters, has enough cash to remove the barrel from them? Even more, to remove it twice if they use dual pistols? I don't remember the exact price, but it's well over 100k credits.

1. Appearance.

If you like how these weapons look like, you can now get a weapon that looks like that. Ok, I freely admit that this benefits rifle users only. However I don't consider this the most important benefit.

Besides, not a big deal anyway. Pistols are smaller and less visible and there are plenty of possible appearances to choose from already.

You may consider what you want, it's your right, but you also have to consider that your opinion is not the only one. Majority of other people consider the look of a bowcaster as the most important thing.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Congrats on pointing out that the only pistoleers that benefit are gunslingers and mercs, not powertechs as its a dps barrel.

So Gunslinger (barrel only), Scoundrel (barrel only), Mercenary, Commando, Sniper (barrel only), Operative and Vanguard (only because they can use blaster rifle, they still need to replace barrel cos its dps barrel) they may find these weapons useful.

Thats 6 ac's that can use barrel, only 4 of those above can use the actual weapon.

So whats left?

Sage, Shadow, Assassin, Sorcerer, Guardian, Sentinel, Juggernaught, Marauder, Powertech all have no other use for these weapons except for transferring to alts with bind on legacy (which the above classes get ontop of it being useful to them).

Thats 9, so more than 50% of classes have no use for these weapons and just under 50% have no use for the barrels, you think thats good do you?

Edited by JFerret

Congrats on pointing out that the only pistoleers that benefit are gunslingers and mercs, not powertechs as its a dps barrel.

Are you really so clueless about the game that you don't know that there are DPS powertechs?

Do you not even play this game? Dps powertechs are all over the place.

Not to mention that the main thing, being able to transfer barrels between alts is a bigger and more long term benefit.

Not to mention that the only difference between dps and tank barrel is just a slight difference in aim/endurance ratio and since they get most their endurance from other gear and mods, tanks can use a dps barrel just fine.

Do you really think that a fresh level 50 pistol user, who can make use of the mods inside bowcasters, has enough cash to remove the barrel from them? Even more, to remove it twice if they use dual pistols? I don't remember the exact price, but it's well over 100k credits.

ALL of my level 50 pretty much had that the moment they reached 50.

Not to mention, even if they did not, they could get many times more than that in the first day of being 50 just by doing dailies.

4. Being able to transfer color crystals with the legacy bound weapons

Including possibility to send certain color/stat combinations otherwise only available to one side, between republic and empire.

Now this one all classes, not just ranged weapon users, can use. Actually this one may be even more cool for lightsaber users.

This is why I'm not complaining, I can finally give my Sith characters those white crystals I've had sitting on my Bounty hunter all this time.

Because it gives one set of people an advantage that the other people don't have.

What if i don't want anything for alts and i want somthing for my main Assassin?

Then this event is useless, the mount is junk, sand people are ugly & ranged weapons are useless.

GG bioware, you keep doing dumb **** like this... lmao... no endgame + retarded unfair design schemes = game might shut down before 2014.

I guess everyone has already forgotten about the lovely companion customization they gave for the last event. you know, the one where you would get something for a companion YOU DON'T HAVE!...

All in all, event loot is always fluff items.

Are you really so clueless about the game that you don't know that there are DPS powertechs?

Do you not even play this game? Dps powertechs are all over the place.

Not to mention that the main thing, being able to transfer barrels between alts is a bigger and more long term benefit.

Not to mention that the only difference between dps and tank barrel is just a slight difference in aim/endurance ratio and since they get most their endurance from other gear and mods, tanks can use a dps barrel just fine.

Ok congrats on pulling the one error I had in my text, obviously going through each individual AC and pointing out who can use it shows I have no clue and dont play this game, so are you clueless on how I would have known that info?

Whoop I can transfer barrel from my jedi/sith alts to??? Do you only play easy ranged classes? Are you really that clueless?

The differences however slight does not negate the fact it is a DPS barrel which has more aim than endurace.

I guess everyone has already forgotten about the lovely companion customization they gave for the last event. you know, the one where you would get something for a companion YOU DON'T HAVE!...

All in all, event loot is always fluff items.

The difference being there was a companion customization for EVERY class. Not just Agents and Vanguards.

Edited by Kazaganthis

ALL of my level 50 pretty much had that the moment they reached 50.

Not to mention, even if they did not, they could get many times more than that in the first day of being 50 just by doing dailies.

All right, let's imagine that the said fresh lvl 50 knew how to make credits while leveling, so he has 100+k by the time he's finished. Do you think he'll be willing to blow all his hard earned creds at once in order to just remove a mediocre barrel from a rifle?

Edited by Trollokdamus

The event items are good for harvesting mods of course, and that benefits more then the direct classes that can use the weapons.

But I would like to point out:

There are a lot of companions in this game that can use the event weapons. From an RP perspective, that's a nice perk in the event (though it sucks that the only wookie cannot use it. :p)

It's clear from much of the angst expressed about event weapons, that most people are strictly focused on end game (sans companions), which disregards the fact that a good number of companions have dual weapon specializations and can use the blaster rifles. Vette would look awesome with a bowcaster IMO, as just one example.

So Gunslinger (barrel only), Scoundrel (barrel only), Mercenary, Commando, Sniper (barrel only), Operative and Vanguard (only because they can use blaster rifle, they still need to replace barrel cos its dps barrel) they may find these weapons useful.

Thats 6 ac's that can use barrel, only 4 of those above can use the actual weapon.

So whats left?

Sage, Shadow, Assassin, Sorcerer, Guardian, Sentinel, Juggernaught, Marauder, Powertech all have no other use for these weapons except for transferring to alts with bind on legacy (which the above classes get ontop of it being useful to them).

Thats 9, so more than 50% of classes have no use for these weapons and just under 50% have no use for the barrels, you think thats good do you?

1. Gearing everything else on your PowerTech for defense and then having the barrel geared for dps really isn't going to affect you that badly, or hardly at all.

2. Consulars (Sage/Shadow) have Lt. Iresso, who uses a blaster rifle, so this is directly usable for them.

3. Knights (Guardians/Sentinels) have Sgt. Rusk, who uses an assault cannon, but you can use this barrel with them if you like

"No Use" is your extreme take on the issue... not exactly an accurate take...

All right, let's imagine that the said fresh lvl 50 knew how to make credits while leveling, so he has 100+k by the time he's finished. Do you think he'll be willing to blow all his hard earned creds at once in order to just remove a mediocre barrel from a rifle?

Gee, you mean they might have to... WAIT A FEW DAYS while they farm some dailies for credits?

OMG... that would be... entirely normal...

It`s Bind on Legacy weapon. it opens the possibility of moving barrels among alts.

Problem is, there is NOWHERE to be found a weapon that allows hilts to be moved.

The choices we have now discriminate players based on weapon (which is not a choice, it is class specific). And it isn`t realistic to expect them to wait for 4 more months until BW wakes up.

Edited by Styxx

The event items are good for harvesting mods of course, and that benefits more then the direct classes that can use the weapons.

But I would like to point out:

There are a lot of companions in this game that can use the event weapons. From an RP perspective, that's a nice perk in the event (though it sucks that the only wookie cannot use it. :p)

It's clear from much of the angst expressed about event weapons, that most people are strictly focused on end game (sans companions), which disregards the fact that a good number of companions have dual weapon specializations and can use the blaster rifles. Vette would look awesome with a bowcaster IMO, as just one example.

How would Vette recock that bowcaster that was supposedly made for a wookiee's strength?

1. Gearing everything else on your PowerTech for defense and then having the barrel geared for dps really isn't going to affect you that badly, or hardly at all.

Yes.

Well, it could pretty be clear upgrade and well worth using.

Obviously anybody with same or higher grade barrel would not want it.

But for anyone with a barrel lower grade than that, an upgrade is an upgrade regardless if it is dps or tank.

Depending on how much lower the barrel you had before was, you might loose 1-2 endurance (which is almost nothing when you have something like 2000) but in exchange you would get:

-More Aim, (that is gain a lot more aim than how much endurance you lost)

-More weapon damage

-More techpower

Now if it was just the aim, it could be questionable if it is worth it, but with all 3, it is a quite nice upgrade even for tank.

Being able to do more damage as a tank, certainly has it's benefits and when it is a high enough upgrade it is well worth the insignificantly small amount of endurance lost.

It's 175k to transfer the barrels, only half the classes in the game can use, and they are easily replaced quite fast with better and far cheaper weapons.

No matter how you look at it, the event items are only benefiting rifle classes, unless your the type who likes to just throw away money. And even the small and situational benefit you get is next to worthless if you spend any amount of time doing ops.

I think they should have allowed you to just buy the barrels (and maybe hilts) with the event tokens. That removal cost is VERY steep.

I see your point. But, I think the OP hit on something that is important, the "legacy weapon" and how it can me used to send mods to alts. That alone should be worth it to everyone playing this game with more than one character. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.