Best "Lore" Race for a class?

Noobishlord

Servium Legacy characters:

Jedi knight/ Gogat: Cyborg (The customization with the beard and sideburns just looked good.Long "emo" haircut I had when I made the character. Mostly make good light sided choices with him but He can get sarcastic and sometime choose credits/stealing/easier routes over the right thing.

Trooper:Still Picking probably human I want him to have short buzz cut hair but look emotionally and physically worn out.

Jedi Consular/Eaux: Miraluka. ****tly made moehawk and sideburns with the two scars on mouth. First character I made when ToR wasn't free to play and for some reason only wanted Human looking characters.

Smuggler/Car'yer: Blue Twielik. Loves his ship.

Sith Warrior/Eboynic: Zabrak, would have been PB but I didn't subscribe. Will make light choices, but if he's screwed over you mine as well just jump off a bridge.

Sith Inquisitor/Corvoril:Pure blood. I ramdomly selected the name closest to mine (Corey). On random I found Fycked and I wanted it but it was taken. He was made to replace not having a SW Pure blood. 3rd body dreds red eyes.

Imperial Agent/NightxTripper:Chiss with dread and a few scars. At first he was just a big buff human with dreds and and a beard but it felt to off for me to use.

Bounty Hunter/Ryrrl/: RatltakiHandmaiden voice enough said. Only female character as well but the voice was worth it 100%. Not far into the story, but I heard It sucks. I really wanted this race to.

About 90% of the time the choices made are the ones I would make.

If anyone wants to recommend me a character for the trooper go ahead. The only two I've give much attention to are my Sith warrior and JK, but I plan on playing them all and using my favorite for almost all end game stuff. Jk Seems to be it. They're also the only two with HK atm, but I will buy him for every character eventually.

My favorite ship is the smugglers and IA. The others are mostly ****** given the fact that the 2 force users share the same model.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, any species apart from Sith Pureblood and Chiss are ok for any Republic class lore-wise. Of course, everybody has a different idea for their characters, but from a lore perspective the Republic is generally without any segregation (other than financial one). A Jedi can be anything from a human to an Ithorian, same for a Smuggler. The military might have stricter rules about what species can fit best with what position based on their innate strengths and weaknesses, but they won't turn anyone away based on their species.

For the Empire, the Sith Warrior can be only a Sith Pureblood or a human, because the Warriors come from a privileged background, and those two species are the only privileged ones in the Empire. The Inquisitor has more leeway because they are slaves at the beginning, so an alien species like a Twi'lek or a Togruta wouldn't be completely out of the question; based on their story, I'd say that even a Sith Pureblood works despite them being venerated because the Inquisitor's ancestors have fallen out of grace long ago, during the semi-legendary times of Tulak Hord, so one can imagine them coming from Pureblood stock that has fallen on hard times - the Empire's society is callous enough to allow it. The Bounty Hunter can be anything, much like a Smuggler. The Agent is most likely human, though Chiss works too.

Edited by alricka

I think the Chiss actually make the least sense for an Agent, after perhaps the Sith Pureblood. Chiss are rarely seen outside the Ascendancy, and are Empire allies to boot. As far as the lore goes they'd stand out like a sore thumb in Republic space and would be immediately flagged as suspicious. It wouldn't make much sense for them to be recruited by Imperial Intelligence.

I think the Chiss actually make the least sense for an Agent, after perhaps the Sith Pureblood. Chiss are rarely seen outside the Ascendancy, and are Empire allies to boot. As far as the lore goes they'd stand out like a sore thumb in Republic space and would be immediately flagged as suspicious. It wouldn't make much sense for them to be recruited by Imperial Intelligence.

Maybe they just have really, really good plastic surgery between each mission. But yeah to me it's never made sense.

I guess I'll resist this.

Jedi Knight: Human (Male), KOTOR 3 basically continuing with the last two protagonists being human.

Jedi Consular: Miraluka (Female), very strong connection to the force at a young age, makes sense since Miralukans use the force for sight.

Trooper: Zabrak (Male), Many republic soldiers in game are Zabraks, seems they have large presence in Republic military.

Smuggler: Human (Male), Because Han Solo that's why.

---

Sith Warrior: Sith Pureblood (Male), Strong Sith lineage, makes the most sense as a Pureblood Sith Lord.

Sith Inquisitor: Human (Female), technically it would make more sense as an alien but given your ancestor looks human. No way Kallig is a Twilek or Tortgruta in that helmet. Also in the book "Annihilation" it's confirmed that Darth Karrid was the first non human to gain a seat on the dark council. The events in that book take place after the main class storylines. Also if Kallig is a very powerful Sith Lord I doubt he was an alien to begin with.

Bounty Hunter: Rattataki (Male or Female), good outlaw race and the story works well with both genders I find.

Imperial Agent: Human (Female), Chiss works as well but Humans have a lot more advancement in the empire so that's why I pick Human.

Edited by Newyankalt

• 2 months later...

My race/class pics would be: (Updated with the two new unlockable races - Cathar and Togruta)

Republic Characters:

Jedi Knight: Human (male or female), Twi'lek (female), or Togruta (female), or Zabrak (male).

Jedi Consular: Human, Mirialan (my Consular was Mirialan), Miraluka, or Togruta, . (Primarily Female, as it seems to fit the class and story best, but Male works, too - except for Togruta, as male Togruta's just look weird.)

Smuggler: Human, Twi'lek, or Cathar (male or female).

Trooper: Human, Cathar, Zabrak, and Mirialan (male or female).

Empire Characters:

Sith Warrior: Human, Twi'lek, Ratataki, and Zabrak (male or female).

Sith Inquisitor: Human, Twi'lek (female), Zabrak, or Ratataki (male or female).

Bounty Hunter: Human, Ratataki, or Zabrak (male or female).

Imperial Agent: Chiss (male or female). (Hands down, the Chiss fit the Agent class and lore just perfectly.)

Edited by FyreFry

Knight: Male Human

Consular: Female Miraluka

Trooper: Male Cyborg( I have a rattakki and a body type 3 twi'lek, they work well too)

Smuggler: Female Mirialan looks awesome, male human is too. This class feels very open for anything

Sith Warrior: Pure blood sith

Inquisitor: female human, but twi'lek works despite the kallag thing. I love the male voice and it works too but there is a certain sith looking to live in your body.

Bounty hunter: Human male

Agent: male chiss, though i played it as a male blue twi'lek and it felt right too.

My personal choices are

Knight: zabrak male guardian

Consular: togruta female sage

Trooper: zabrak male vanguard

Smuggler: human female scoundrel

Warrior: sith species male marauder

Inquisitor: zabrak male assassin

Bounty Hunter: human male mercenary

Agent: human male operative

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I always come to this thread whenever I'm making new toons. I have all human toons for each eight class stories but I think everyone accept its a generic default class so I'm leaving it be.

Jedi Knight :I made a Chiss female recently because it would be funny at the end of DvL event when she gain a Chiss jedi companion. I think a lot of folks love Togruta Marauder because of Ashara and Ashoka. I'm contemplating on creating a Pureblood Sith for male counterpart, would enjoy having Scourge as a companion.

Jedi Consular : I have Miraluka female and Togruta male. I don't think there's a specific lore race here as Jedi seems to be diverse.

Trooper : Mirialan female and Cathar male. I am aware that Zabrak are preferred because of their warrior culture but so was Cathars (as your companion is one). I love making body type 3 Cathar because you ended up with scenes where Jorgan had to look up to this towering hulk-looking Cathar with attempts at disgust. And a Mirialan trooper isn't that odd considering one of Tavus' squad is a Mirialan too.

Smuggler : Twi'lek female. A Wookie BFF and the captain of an XS Freighter with interior similar to Ebon Hawk. Need I say more? (Although I might create a Mirialan smuggler in the spirit of Hylo Visz)

Sith Warrior : I do know that there's some specific content for Pureblood Sith but similar to Jedi classes, Sith could be diverse. I have a Rattataki female who I based on Asajj Ventress and one of the best part about them was hoods. With the ungodly amount of hooded jedi and sith armor, Rattataki toons simply rock hoods.

Sith Inquisitor : I have a Twi'lek female and a Zabrak male. The idea of Inquisitor being a former slave was ambiguous and there's no right or wrong races to use. But I do think a human female does fit well into the narrative especially with

Zash wanting to swap body with her beautiful young apprentice,

Imperial Agent : I think its because of this thread that I choose Chiss for either gender. But I do love my Cyborg IA toon and it make sense later in the story

when Cipher 9 get the implants and when it didn't feel odd when she suddenly glitches and terminator-ey when she heard a magical verse..

I found a Pureblood Sith imperial agent NPC in Nar Shadda and she said something about not being force sensitive,Imperial Agent did say something about not being force sensitive which is why IA choose military instead.

Bounty Hunter : I have a Rattataki female. But I am open to smuggler being a Zabrak, Cathar and others. It doesn't actually matter anyway and they are really rude to alien BH.

• 2 months later...
*clears throat* here we go

jedi knight: Sith pureblood

jedi consular: Red zabrak

smuggler: Rattattaki

trooper: Twi'lek

sith warrior: Twi'lek

sith inquisitor: Pureblood

bounty hunter: Green things

and for the grand finale.... The best race/class combo........

Imperial agent (more specifically the sniper): The blind people. :D

OMG, So much YES

Wait my mistake, the actual quote is "Suffering the ultimate humiliation of slavery for association with a fallen Sith Lord, pureblood *character name* has been allowed to join the Empire's castoffs and given one more chance to master the dark arts of the Sith or die trying...."

Jedi Knight: Human/Cathar/Togruta

Jedi Consular: Togruta/Twi'lek

Trooper: Cyborg/Zabrak/Cathar female

Smuggler: Twi'lek/Human/Cathar female

Sith Warrior: Human/Pure Sith/Twi'lek/Togruta/Rattataki

Sith Inquisitor: Twi'lek/Zabrak/Rattataki

Bounty hunter: Human/Rattataki/Cyborg/Cathar

Imperial Agent: Chiss

Assuming, via enforced diversity, that each class is a different race:

Knight - Miraluka (Blind swordsmen are cool)

Consular - Mirialan (The description calls 'em "spiritual", so yeah)

Trooper - Cyborg (kinda by default, but I think it fits)

Smuggler - Twi'lek (an outcast race for an outcast PC)

Warrior - Pureblood (Naturally)

Inquisitor - Zabrak (It's even on their recovery-ability icon)

Hunter - Rattataki (again, kinda default, but fitting)

Agent - Chiss (Yeah, the Imperial alliance is a little contradictory, but not impossibly so, and it adds a lot to the story)

Human kinda overlaps with Cyborg and the other two are pay-to-play, so they don't get a "canonical" role.

• 2 weeks later...

Jedi Knight: Human, or Mirialan. (Mirialan is my personal favorite, her voice fits well with her face.)

Jedi Consular: Miraluka, Mirialan, or Togruta.

Trooper: Human.

Smuggler: Twi'lek, or Human. (Twi'lek personal favorite, same reasoning as Mirialan. It also just makes sense.)

Sith Warrior: Sith Pureblood, or Human.

Sith Inquisitor: Twi'lek, or Human.

Bounty Hunter: Human, or Cyborg.

Imperial Agent: Human, or Chiss. (Chiss is my ABSOLUTE favorite.) :)

• 2 months later...
All races fit all classes equally in the kotfe expansion.

Most classes have multiple races that fit equally, but there are some that don't mesh well at all with a particular class.

Anything except Human or Sith Pureblood for the Sith Warrior doesn't make sense for instance, because the Sith Warrior's background is of being born into the Sith Empire's force using aristocracy. The widespread recruitment of aliens other than Sith Purebloods is a recent development tied to thousands of Sith having been killed in the last war with the Republic & Jedi.

Despite their popularity Chiss also do not make sense for an Imperial Agent. Chiss are rarely seen outside of their home territories and the Chiss Ascendancy is allied with the Sith Empire. As such Chiss would make extremely poor candidates for secret agents, because they'd stand out like sore thumbs and would immediately fall under Republic suspicion. Sith Purebloods also don't work as Agents for similar reasons.

Since they are blind Miraluka don't work for any class that uses firearms; Troopers, Bounty Hunters, Smugglers, & Agents.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

• 2 weeks later...

Going purely off my own impression of the races...

Jedi Knight - Mirakulan or Mirialan (a Force-seeing and Force-sensitive race, respectively)

Jedi Consular - Mirakulan or Mirialan (a Force-seeing and Force-sensitive race, respectively)

Trooper: Cathar. Fiercely loyal and passionate, quick and powerful, incredible combat prowess. Not to mention their hatred of the Empire and its Mandalorian allies--at least as of the start of the game--and the remnants of the species joining Republic Jedi, military, and social ranks.

Smuggler: Zabrak, given how independent, confident, determined, impulsive, and wanderlust they're described as.

Sith Warrior: Sith Pureblood. Hands down.

Sith Inquisitor: Twi'lek, given how they're the quintessential slave race in this game (after Evocii). And, as others have said, twi'leks could very easily be descended from Kallig since the mother/s of his child/ren was never revealed, and it could very easily have been a twi'lek cocubine/s and/or slave/s. (Kallig himself was alien-friendly, so...)

Bounty Hunter: Rattataki, given what violent, war-mongering, honor and glory-seeking race they are.

Imperial Agent: Chiss, given how naturally cunning, pragmatic, and secretive they are. To say nothing of their background lore with the Empire. (And Hoth missions.)

Of course, these are all species stereotypes. I personally enjoy choosing a race you wouldn't expect to find in any given class--Mirialan Smuggler? Cathar Mandalorian? Rattataki Agent? Alien Warrior? Yes please!

Edited by TwilekTrekker