Best "Lore" Race for a class?

Noobishlord

Wow, coming back to this thread after a long time. It's amazing to see peoples thoughts for this. A lot of them are pretty well thought out and quite interesting.

Am I really the only one who figured out the true way to be able to tell which race is for which class?

When you choose your race, you know how the races are always in different orders? They order it from which race is more common for that class (lore-wise) to lease common, with humans being first since they're the most familiar and the most ambiguous of the races. So if you want to pick the "perfect" race (lore-wise) for your class, pick the second one on the left, or the one right next to human.

ItheVAN, first to notice this system!

I can't say I ever really noticed that the races were re-ordered per class. And your logic seems rather fitting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jedi Knight - Human, base class pretty much due to it being kind of the Kotor 3 kind of thing.

Jedi Consular - I like Miraluka for this one, I think it fits the whole relying on the force thing a lot

Trooper - Zabrak or Human, both fit in well for command IMO

Smuggler - Human, cause Han Solo

Sith Warrior - Sith pure blood, strong with family, makes most sense

Sith Inquisitor - I guess Twilek some would say but there's no way Kalig was Twilek with the helmet he wore, I'd probably just say human makes the most sense. Kalig was probably a human and the reason his family was in slavery was cause of Tulak Hord not because they're being aliens actually with that in mind even Pureblood could work.

Bounty Hunter - Cyborg, enhancements to make yourself stronger and find targets

Imperial Agent - Cyborg, Chiss, Human, Wouldn't be a cipher agent otherwise

Edited by Newyankalt

If Lord Kallig really is the inquisitors ancestor it's literally impossible for the Inquisitor to be Twilek lore wise. Twileks can't breed with the other species you can play as I think. And i think we would notice if Kallig was a Twilek with that helmet.

So it basicly comes down to lore context clues and companion dialouge i have beat every story atleast once so i think i have got them down pretty close.

For knight - id say human fits the best it doesnt need much explaining basic jedi nothing special cliche hero type.

For counselor - i did mirluka first then cathar, being honerable and all that but mirluka is a deffinate best fit for sage and possibly togruta for shadow once it comes out.

For trooper - rep zabarak most people went into this already so you can just read that.

For smuggler - any default race smugglers are just criminals and come in all shapes sizes & colors.

For warrior - pureblood works best for voice & purity sake it talks about how your groomed to be sith and a perfect wepon & what not.

For inquisitor - it has to be human first of all there are tons of human slaves & you join the dark counsil before darth karrid & she lorewise is the first ever alien on there and kallig your ancestor was alive before most alien races in game were discovered and its obvious through his mask hes not twi'lek

For BH - it doesnt matter as long as it isnt a force sentric race

And last but not least agent - chiss most dialouge options best story fit , empires allys , voice fit & the race was made for this class specificly not to mention every bit of promotional media shows him as a chiss , doesnt matter much but still worth mentioning

Obviously biowear wants people to deffine their own char but they clearly had a certain race in minda for each charecter but well honestly probably never know for sure

After reading some of these suggestions I feel like changing some of my character so that they are not human heavy.

Going off initial feelings these are what I feel when I think of certain classes:-

Knight

Male - Human/Zabrak

Female - Human/Zabrak/Mirialan

No opinion really but these feel to me the be warrior classes and the most battle ready

Consular

Male - Human/Miraluka//Mirialan

Female - Human/Miraluka//Mirialan

I feel that Miraluka would suit sages and Mirialan would suit Shadows for the same reason Mirialan feels more battle ready.

Trooper

Male - Human/Zabrak

Female - Human

Same reason as the knight they just feel battle ready

Smuggler

Male - Human

Female - Twi'lek

No reason I can give other than the feel I get, a male smuggler will get by on looks and charm throughout the galaxy while the female twi'lek will use her Feminine charm like the reason so many twi'leks end up in slavery.

Warrior

Male - Sith Pureblood/Human

Female - Sith Pureblood/Human

Either makes sense as there are many high standing humans in the sith empire

Inquisitor

Male - Zabrak/Human

Female - Zabrak/Human

Inquisitors need something that can be seen as slaves but have the potential to have a proud history with the sith, I do feel as if the alien class makes a little more sense since darths and lords automatically look down on you as inferior "slave" which may not be in as much question had he been just another human.

Bounty hunter

Male - Human/Cyborg/Rattataki/Zabrak

Female - Human/Cyborg/Rattataki/Zabrak

There is no particular race that is the stand out choice, Zabrak and cyborg would give you a slight edge in battle but nothing too much (Jango Fett was a human after all).

Agent

Male - Human

Female - Human

To me nothing but human makes sense, I don't know where all the opinions of Chiss come from, when it comes down to it the Empire (outside of the sith who respect power above everything else) is pretty elitist with human being the major makeup of the ranking people in the empire.

Plus since you spend half your time infiltrating the enemy then given the abundance of humans in the galaxy makes it the easiest choice to send undercover.

Edited by Jedi_riches

If Lord Kallig really is the inquisitors ancestor it's literally impossible for the Inquisitor to be Twilek lore wise. Twileks can't breed with the other species you can play as I think. And i think we would notice if Kallig was a Twilek with that helmet.

Maybe he lost is lekku during his life as a Sith. Would explain a bit of the insanity, I think.

Maybe he lost is lekku during his life as a Sith. Would explain a bit of the insanity, I think.

There's still the weird ears Twileks have. Idk I just don't see it. And like someone said, Lore wise the Inquisitor isn't the first alien on the Dark Council so I guess he/ she has to be human

I'm surprised no one said Miraluka for Inquisitor, which I thought worked really well.

I like Chiss for Consular. Felt like a storyline that involved an alien and a Chiss showing up as one of the most powerful force users was great :)

Cyborg for Smuggler! How do we not see more mention of this race? Or is it because they're really just humans with cybernetics?

Miraluka doesn't make sense for Inquisitor as all of the species are pretty strong in the force to be able to see with it, So a Miraluka would stand out very early on and probably wouldn't have been in slavery at all since everyone with force potiential is sent to the Sith or killed sometimes.

Miraluka doesn't make sense for Inquisitor as all of the species are pretty strong in the force to be able to see with it, So a Miraluka would stand out very early on and probably wouldn't have been in slavery at all since everyone with force potiential is sent to the Sith or killed sometimes.

Yet people say Pureblood for the Inquisitor. :p Also, Miraluka's levels of force sensitivity can vary from individual to individual.

Captured and made slaves by the Empire, maybe at a young age, brought to Sith training later.

Yet people say Pureblood for the Inquisitor. :p Also, Miraluka's levels of force sensitivity can vary from individual to individual.

Captured and made slaves by the Empire, maybe at a young age, brought to Sith training later.

If the Inquisitor was brought into the Empire later then surly the Jedi would have picked him up at an earlier time due to the force sensitivity.

Pureblood can make sense given Kalligs relatives where probably forced into slavery after Tulak Hord betrayed him but Humans makes the most sense IMO.

If the Inquisitor was brought into the Empire later then surly the Jedi would have picked him up at an earlier time due to the force sensitivity.

Pureblood can make sense given Kalligs relatives where probably forced into slavery after Tulak Hord betrayed him but Humans makes the most sense IMO.

But don't Sith Pureblood's get held in high esteem in the empire, above all else a pureblood would never be made a slave it more like they would be killed or banished from the empire.

I think that the inquisitors race needs to be something that would have some standing in the empire if they had power, but could also have the potential to be a slave class should they not be gifted in the force.

I want to say I saw a pure sith jedi knight on the fleet, which I thought was awesome! :D

For now I have a

operative- chiss

smuggler- cathar

warrior- human

counsular- mirilan

trooper- zabrak

Obvs my toons are all over the board level wise, but I really think cathar would make a nice smuggler

But don't Sith Pureblood's get held in high esteem in the empire, above all else a pureblood would never be made a slave it more like they would be killed or banished from the empire.

I think that the inquisitors race needs to be something that would have some standing in the empire if they had power, but could also have the potential to be a slave class should they not be gifted in the force.

It has to be human than since it's also canon that the Cathar girl that was the predecessor to Darth Acina was the first alien on the council.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep In Mind This Is My Opinion

Republic Classes

Jedi Knight: Human

Jedi Consular: Miralukan/Mirialan

Trooper: Human (Just Because I Grew Up Seeing Most Troopers As Humans)

Smuggler: Human

Empire Classes

Sith Warrior: Sith Pureblood (Human Would Work Here Too, Just Because My First Sith Warrior Was Human)

Sith Inquisitor: Zabrak

Bounty Hunter: Cyborg or Rattataki

Imperial Agent: Kind Of A Tie With This One, Chiss and Rattataki

Jedi Knight: human male, togruta female

Jedi Consular: miraluka

Trooper: human

Smuggler: human male, twi'lek female

Sith Warrior: sith pureblood

Sith Inquisitor: human/zabrak male, twi'lek female

Bounty Hunter: human male, rattataki female

Imperial Agent: chiss

• 2 weeks later...

Knight: Human. Classic race, classic class. Not much to say here, really.

Consular: Mirialan, Miraluka, Togruta. Mirialan's are a very reverent race, very religious and sagely, so I can easily envision one slipping into the role of mystical diplomat. The Miraluka's blindfolds also give them that mysterious seer vibes, and like Mirialans they already have a strong connection to the Force. As for Togruta, there are plenty of Togruta Jedi in canon--however, I think, given their normally calm nature, they fit Consular better than Knight.

Smuggler: Human, Twi'lek, Cyborg. Human = Han Solo, no explanation needed, and Twi'leks really fit the plucky underdog mold. Cyborgs are on here because the Smuggler strikes me as the kind of guy to outfit themselves with black market cybernetics for that extra edge.

Trooper: Zabrak, Cyborg, Togruta. Zabraks are militaristic and patriotic--of course one would join the Republic military. Cyborgs get their implants from fighting on the front lines. Togruta are similar to Zabrak in that they're very loyal to the Republic, minus the cultural warriors aspect.

Warrior: Pureblood, no question. All that talk of "noble lineage" and "true Sith" points towards the Pureblood as the race to go. There's some scattered race-specific dialogue throughout the class story, and thematically it echoes the Inquisitor well--a Pureblood noble and a lowly human slave compete for apprenticeship.

Inquisitor: Human. This goes entirely off your ancestor, Kallig, who was a nobleman in an era when aliens were still slaves. That means he was probably a Human or a Pureblood; you see plenty of Human slaves, but no Pureblood ones, so the former is more likely to me. Also, the novel Annihilation heavily implies that Darth Kharrid is the first alien Councilor, and she joins after the Inquisitor does.

Agent: Human, Cyborg. I get why people say Chiss, I do. They fit the theme well and they get race-specific dialogue on Hoth. But...I just can't see them going undercover. Chiss are so widely known to be aligned with the Empire that I can't envision one successfully infiltrating as many places as the Agent does. Humans and Cyborgs fit the mold of adaptable field agent much better, in my opinion.

Hunter: Rattataki, Zabrak, Cyborg. Not much to say here, and I don't really think one race is more "befitting" than another. Rattataki and Zabrak both hail from warrior cultures, and Cyborgs are enhanced killers. I guess being an alien mercenary fits all the sneering you get from the Empire slightly more, but they could really be anything.

Edited by Abvora

Does anyone roll cathar?

My pub toon that's shocking turning out to be my main is my female catahr smuggler, and I made a dude cathar trooper.... I sorta head canon they're like...cousins or something, but one took a noble military path, and the other, while still pro Republic....likes the smugger life more :rolleyes:

I don't actually see any Cathar characters while levelling, but I can see them in a role like Knight (mainly thanks to Juhani from KOTOR) or trooper.

Since they are a Warrior race but I have also seen them as slaves such as on Balmorra during the BH class mission, perhaps they could work as a SI.

Knight- Human, Zabrak, maybe Cathar or Pureblood to mix it up

Consular- Twi'lek, Togruta, Miraluka,

Trooper- Human/cyborg, Mirulan (probs spelled wrong) Zabrak's a maybe

Smuggler- Human/cyborg, Mirulan, maybe Twi'lek

Warrior- Pureblood, Zabrak, Human

Inquisitor- Togrutan, Twi'lek, Human

Hunter- Human/cyborg, Rattataki

Agent- Human/cyborg or Chiss

Republic

Knight: Human. It's a Star Wars Hero's Journey. These are human.

Consular: Wide variety possible (see Jedi higher-ups in game and throughout history). If you want a Miraluka, they go here.

Neither Jedi should use cybernetics.

Smuggler: Anything including cross-faction unlocks, save Miraluka and Pureblood Sith. Both are dialed into the Force and the latter would have been shot dead by now.

Trooper: Human (cinematic Havoc Squad), cybernetic enhancements, then Zabrak or Cathar. Twi'leks and Togruta cannot wear full body armor, which should DQ them from this entire line of service. Too much thermal crap and shrapnel flying around in these battlefields.

Empire

Warrior: If anyone is a Pureblood, this guy is. Human is the only other option. They're too young and skilled to have needed cybernetic replacements before Korriban.

Inquisitor: Human works best. Your ancestor was wearing Kallig's armor and was big, Academy-trained stuff in the Old Sith Empire. I have no idea who can have viable, fertile babies with what in Star Wars (several of the races are artificially engineered) but that's a strict limiting factor. Chiss are too different and chronologically impossible and the Empire is not going to let a slave run around with augments. Inquisitor has scars if anything, not metal.

Agent: Chiss, human, cyborg. That's it.

Hunter: Same as the Smuggler.

Edited by Canareth

Knight: Cathar or Miraluka. (Cathar are all "HONOR!" and Miraluka are natural force sensitives.)

Warrior: Pureblood or Human (if you're boring). (Is canonically scion of an ancient line. I like to think the Warrior is related to Adas.)

Consular: Miraluka, Miralan, Tortuga. (All are very alien as well as being in touch with the force.)

Inquisitor: Zabrak or Ratataki. (Has to be able to wear the helmet.)

Trooper: Twi'lek or Zabrak. (Neither version of Havoc has a Twi'lek and Zabraks are all "WAR!")

Agent: Chiss or Cyborg. (Because Thrawn or robo-shades.)

Smuggler: Ratataki or Twi'lek. (Neither is directly allied with either side.)

Hunter: Miralan or Ratataki. ( Ratataki are all "MINDLESS VIOLENCE!" and I just like the novelty of one of the most in touch with the force races being completely force blind.)

First pick in every category is my headcanon.

Does anyone roll cathar?

My pub toon that's shocking turning out to be my main is my female catahr smuggler, and I made a dude cathar trooper.... I sorta head canon they're like...cousins or something, but one took a noble military path, and the other, while still pro Republic....likes the smugger life more :rolleyes:

My main is a female Cathar Jedi Sentinel and I think it works pretty well.