• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JEDI Knight - Togruta, Human, Zabrak

JEDI Consular - Mirialan, Twi'lek, Human

Trooper - Cathar, Zabrak, Human

Smuggler - Cathar, Twi'lek

------

SITH Warrior - Sith Pureblood

SITH Inquisitor - Human, Twi'lek (Pretty much any race besided pureblood, because you're a slave...)

Bounty Hunter - Cathar,

Imperial Agent - Ratattaki, Chiss

• 2 weeks later...

I think the player could find some justification for most of the species/class combinations, so I'm going to go the opposite route and list the species and classes combos I think work the least.

Chiss - Anything Republic. Lorewise the Chiss are neither part of the Republic or the Empire, but they have a much closer relationship with the Empire and are allied with them. Given the rarity of Chiss in Republic space and the fact that the faction they belong to is allied with the Empire, they have less justification as Republic characters. Of course you could always create a Jedi Chiss, and head canon that your master found you while on a mission on a world in the Chiss Ascendancy or what have you, but the Chiss do make more sense as Empire characters.

Miraluka - Any of the non-force using classes. They are blind and see through the force, so a Commando or Bounty Hunter Miraluka is a little bizarre. They also work much less well as Empire than Republic, considering a Sith Lord destroyed their home planet. On the other hand there is Visas Marr, so you could always go the tragic fall route. It doesn't make sense however for a Miraluka to have always supported the Empire. If you go that route Sith Inquisitor works better than Warrior, since the Warrior comes from a noble bloodline and the Inquisitor was enslaved.

Mirialan - Like the Miraluka they make much less sense as the non force using characters. According to the lore they are known for having a strong connection to the force.

Rattataki - They have a warlike culture that prizes brutality. Their culture makes it much less likely for them to be Jedi/Republic than Sith/Empire.

Sith Pureblood - Anything Republic or Jedi. They have a strong connection to the dark side of the force and have a cultural history of revering it and the Sith Lords. They also make less sense as Bounty Hunters or Agents, given their force ability. Also the idea of a Sith Pureblood being a secret agent and able to maintain a cover is kind of hilarious.

Cathar - Anything Empire. Their home planet was devastated by Mandalorians and they were nearly driven into extinction by them. Since the Mandos are Imp allies, a Cathar who is devoted Empire patriot makes much less sense than one who is Jedi. On the IMP side they'd work better as a Bounty Hunter who only cares about credits, than as a patriotic Imp Agent or one of the Sith Lords. If going the Sith route, they work better as Inquisitors than Warriors for similar reasons as the Miraluka.

Humans work equally well for every class. They are both the most common species in the galaxy and the most common species in both Republic and Empire space. Cyborgs work equally well for every class for similar reasons. They are basically just humans who've had some cybernetic implants.

Zabrak and Twi'lek work well for most classes in the game for similar reasons as the humans. According to the lore they are both fairly widespread. They only exception is the Sith Warrior, who comes from old Sith nobility. As such if you go the Sith route the Zabrak or Twi'lek make more sense as an Inquisitor than a Warrior, due to the slave backstory. The only backgrounds that make sense for Sith Warriors are Humans, Cyborgs, or Sith Purebloods.

Jedi Knight: Human

Jedi Consular: Miraluka

Trooper: Human or Cyborg

Smuggler: Human

Sith Warrior: Pureblood , or Cyborg ( ye ye Darth Vader )

Sith Inquisitor: human or pureblood

Bounty Hunter:Ratthataki or Cyborg

Imperial Agent: Chiss

Maybe they are only slightly force sensitive but not enough to join the jedi order.

Not to mention that, in the Republic, becoming a Jedi is entirely optional.

The Empire has the stance of "You're Force Sensitive? Ok, take your pick; Korriban or death." Thus anyone with Force Sensitivity who isn't strong enough to survive the Trials- or, indeed, just plain doesn't want to be Sith has to either hide it very well indeed, or get out of Imperial space fast.

This makes a Miralukan Agent a bit problematic - a Bounty Hunter could probably get away with it, since the Sith might well not bother to check them out to that extent, but if Intelligence tried to employ a Miraluka, the Sith would certainly notice and haul them off. Of course, it's arguable that that's another hold the Sith have over the Agent ("We know what you are, but you're useful to us where you are, so we'll overlook the law... for precisely as long as you're useful") but since, unlike Chiss, Miraluka are only available as a Legacy unlock for that class, the game sadly won't recognise the issue.

In the Republic, though, your Miraluka smuggler might have been anywhere between just Force Sensitive enough to see, or have enough potential to make Yoda look like an Ewok in comparison, but simply not want to be a Jedi. For the smuggler, "So, this Jedi deal... a lifetime of service as a monk, no romance, no money, no freedom? Uh, yeah, the call can go jump off a cliff" seems a fairly credible response.

Agent- Some say Chiss, but I disagree. The only races that make sense for this class, in terms of dialogue, story and lore, are cyborg and human. Why? Even though both Imperial and Republic space are loaded with aliens, they are not loaded with Chiss. The Chiss race would not walk about without suspicion, because they are not a common alien. I mean, if you take 100 black people, and make one person out of that hundred a white person, that white person is going to stick out. As an Agent, you are going to be playing double agent, and thus, the best race for that job, would be a race that is common.

Sith Warrior- Pure-blood

Bounty Hunter - Anything really other than a pureblood, miraluka, or those green people.

Sith inquisitor - Any alien other than a miraluka or pureblood.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just started over on a new server and plan to actually "shake up" my characters so that they are not all human, I am planning on levelling a male of each advanced class and 1 female of each class (really hoping that they increase the server limit to 24 soon) there will probably be at least 1 human for each class but wondered about the others and if anything sticks out lorewise so I am after opinions:-

Jedi knight

Male Guardian - Human, iconic for no other reason than that

Male Sentinel - Was thinking Cathar or Zabrak as they look like they have the "strength" to use 2 blades

Female Guardian - Tourtga, thinking of Ashoka or Shak-ti

Jedi consular

Male sage - See knight note above

Male Shadow - was thinking Miralan for this

Female sage - Human, I alredy have 1 female alien jedi knight so something different

Smuggler

Male Gunslinger - Human, Han Solo type very flash (sounds very human)

Male Scoundrel - Was thinking maybe cyborg, a smuggler seems the type who would "submit" to black market "enhancements"

Female Gunslinger - Twi'lek seems very smuggler like to me

Trooper

Male Vanguard - Human

Male Commando - could Zabraks wear helmets? would their horns "fit"? if not would the republic army allow cyborgs?

Female Vanguard - Human for no reason other than I have 2 human female republic characters and 2 female aliens.

Sith warrior

Male Juggernaut - Human, as humans have a high standing in the Sith Emipire

Male Marauder - Pureblood, you cant have a class with a pure bloodline without an actual pureblood

Female marauder - I did want a rattataki female to mirror ventress from the clone wars but I know this would not fit the pure bloodline idea so I chose human.

Sith inquisitor

Male sorceror - Human

Male assassin - Zabrak (look like Darth Maul)

Female sorceror - Rattataki, they could be a slave race and the sadistic voice actress seems to match well.

Imperial agent

Male sniper - Human

Male operative - Human

Female operative - Human

Note nothing other than human fits her for me as part of your job is to go undercover so you want the race that will blend in the most i.e. humans

Bounty hunter

Male powertech - Cyborg, the guy will allways be in the thick of it so he naturally would "upgrade" himself to match even some jedi/sith at close range

Male Mercenery - Human, jango fett style dual blasters

Female Mercenery - Either rattataki or human here I think

Well, Human is the jack of all trades... It works everywhere. :p

Apart from that, though, I used every single race that came up until now on my characters. 21 atm. :cool:

This is what I did.

- Male Jedi Guardian, Human. Iconic, no need to say more.

- Female Jedi Guardian. Human again. Same as above.

- Male Jedi Shadow. Miraluka.

- Female Jedi Sage. Red Skinned Twi'lek. To fit better with Zenith, the only Comp I still needed to take to 10k Affection on that story line.

- Male Commando. Blue Skinned Twi'lek. Mostly for variety, there's Humans everywhere but Havoc Squad has so many different aliens I thought one more wouldn't hurt.

- Female Vanguard. Cathar, to romance Jorgan "properly". Even though he has no clue she's a Cathar too. :D

- Male Scoundrel. Red Skinned Zabrak for the flavour. Plus, it fits Akaavi the best, and I wanted to romance the tough Mando on him, so... :D

- Female Gunslinger. Cyborg. With lots of face implants and somewhat evident scarring.

- Male Sith Juggernaut. Cyborg, with as many face implants as possible, red glowing cybernetic eye included. ;)

- Female Sith Juggernaut. Republic Zabrak. Mostly for the variety, as I never really took a character of that "subrace" to top lvl.

- Male Marauder. Mirialan. Same reasons as above.

- Female Marauder. Sith Pureblood. Fits nicely. Plus, what's more iconic than a Sith... Sith? :D

- Male Sith Sorcerer, Sith Pureblood. Twice. Don't ask me why, maybe because I enjoyed that mix the most. :o

- Female Sith Assassin. Cyborg. Fits a former slave, I thought.

- Male Sith Assassin. Togruta. Variety, again. :rolleyes:

- Male Sniper. Chiss.

- Female Operative. Sith Pureblood. Mostly to see how are Pureblood handled outside of Sith stories.

- Male Powertech, Cathar. Thought it fits the honorable warrior the most.

- Male Mercenary, Rattataki. Dreadful and scary while also being intimidating. Need I say more? :D

Agent- Some say Chiss, but I disagree. The only races that make sense for this class, in terms of dialogue, story and lore, are cyborg and human. Why? Even though both Imperial and Republic space are loaded with aliens, they are not loaded with Chiss. The Chiss race would not walk about without suspicion, because they are not a common alien. I mean, if you take 100 black people, and make one person out of that hundred a white person, that white person is going to stick out. As an Agent, you are going to be playing double agent, and thus, the best race for that job, would be a race that is common.

I agree with this as well.

Despite many players rolling Chiss for the Agents, lorewise this makes about as much sense as a Sith Pureblood Agent. The rarity of Chiss in Republic space and the Chiss Ascendancy being Empire allies should mean they are poorly suited for being covert operatives. If operating in Republic space they should automatically fall under suspicion based on their background alone.

Because of that when I rolled a Chiss character I decided to go with a Bounty Hunter instead.

The species that work best for Agent lorewise are those that are extremely common and widespread in both Republic and Empire space. Humans (and cyborgs), Zabrak, and Twi'lek all work well.

Another two cents.

For the inquisitor class: Rattataki. Why? During the first galactic war, there was a Sith Lord who commanded a company of Rattataki mercenaries in the war. During the time he served with these " aliens", he saw that many of them were strong in the force. So, shortly after the war, this Sith lord took it upon himself to stage a Coup d'état in the Empire, which of course was put down brutally. The surviving Rattataki were either executed or put into slavery. Playing as the child of one of these Rattaki rebels fits better than any other alien race.

• 3 months later...

Sith Inquisitor: Twi'lek isn't bad considering you were enslaved but other than that human works. Anything that isn't Pureblood. Why would a Pureblood be enslaved?

Sith Warrior: Pureblood.

Imperial Agent:Chiss

Bounty Hunter:Maybe cyborg? I don't exactly know. Human works too.

Jedi Consular: Togruta really fits this one in my opinion. If you get a nice appearance it looks great. If you don't mind no helms, that is.

Jedi Knight:Miraluka

Trooper: I would say human. I'm not for sure though.

Smuggler.Twi'lek all the way. Need I explain more?

Well while this is not probably the best lore races for classes, they are what I have currently got, I am trying to raise a male and female of each class (each hopefully with a slightly different look) but some I have not started yet:-

Male Guardian - Human (classic)

Male sentinel - Not done yet not sure which class I will pick

Female Guardian - Blue Twi'lek

Female Sentinel - Togruta (looks like Ashoka.. I know not original)

Male Sage - Human (classic)

Male Shadow - Not done yet but probably a Mirialan

Female Sage - Togruta (looks like Shaak Ti)

Female Shadow - Human (looks like Rey from TFA)

Male Vanguard - Zabrak (feels hardened and battle ready)

Male Commando - Human

Female Vanguard - Mirialan (why not you have wraith in original havoc squad after all)

Female Commando - Not done yet not sure which class I will pick

Male Gunslinger - Human

Male Scoundrel - Mirialan

Female Gunslinger - Twi'lek

Female Scoundrel - Not done yet not sure which class I will pick

Male Juggernaut - Human

Male Marauder - Not done yet but will be a pureblood

Female Juggernaut - Pureblood

Female Marauder - Human (I feel if not using a Pureblood human is the next best for this class)

Male Sorceror - Not done yet but its either going to be a human or Rattataki (its got to be a "slave" race either way

Male Assassin - Red Zabrak (obviously)

Female Sorceror - Human

Female Assassin - Human (I never intended for both Females to be human but I made a DS version of Rey to mirror my Shadow)

Male Powertech - Cyborg

Male Mercenary - Human

Female Powertech - Not done yet not sure which class I will pick

Female Mercenary - Not done yet not sure which class I will pick

All agents will be human as I feels it makes the most sense as undercover work you need to blend in and a human will be best at that.

Edited by Jedi_riches

I have no opinions on the classes I haven't played yet.

But so far I've got a female red-skinned zabrak that's turned out extremely well. A consummate professional, totally dedicated to the empire. The facial expressions just worked out REALLY well, and the voice fits surprisingly good. She's so serious and on the job that when you do occasionally crack a joke with dry humor it's hilarious. Very much a mixed light/dark character, since decisions are based on what beat for the empire instead of what's good or evil.

My second pick is a red skinned female twilek sith sorc. Pick all the snarky/sarcastic conversation choices. Mostly light side. You won't be disappointed.

Lastly is a female trooper. It's kind of hard to go wrong here, and is probably the most 'iconic' of the race/class choices I made. Gives a real fem-shep feel, which isn't surprising considering it's the same voice actor. Went with the dark side for extra ruthlessness, and it worked out well. The light side of being 100% dutiful soldier was just too boring.

Edited by EliteSeraph

Jedi Knight - Human/Mirialan - preferably male but I've rolled my fair share of Female Knights.

Jedi Consular - Miralukan/Mirialan/Human - Preferably female.

Trooper - Human/Cyborg - Preferably Male BT3.

Smuggler - Twi'lek/Human/Cyborg - Preferably female.

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood/Human/Cyborg - No gender opinion for this one, both VAs work pretty well.

Sith Inquisitor - Sith Pureblood/Human - Preferably female

Bounty Hunter - Cyborg/Twi'lek/Human/Rattataki - Female if Twi'lek/Rattataki, personal preference, I don't like how their males look. Both VAs are solid.

Imperial Agent - Chiss/Human - Preferably Male.

I don't like Cathars, but if you're going to play one they fit Pub side the best since the Empire is all xenophobic.

Sith Warrior: Sith Pureblood or Human

Sith Inquisitor: Any of the slave races really

Bounty Hunter: Rattataki or Human

Imperial Agent: Chiss

Jedi Knight: Human or Zabrak

Jedi Consular: Human or Miraluka

Trooper: Zabrak, Twi'leck,

Smuggler: Human or Mirialan

Another two cents.

With KOTFE, the only race that makes sense period is human, because it takes place in another galaxy that is mostly human, and the eternal empire goes on a man-hunt for the outlander. The outlander not being human would make him/her stand out like a sore thumb.

Another two cents.

With KOTFE, the only race that makes sense period is human, because it takes place in another galaxy that is mostly human, and the eternal empire goes on a man-hunt for the outlander. The outlander not being human would make him/her stand out like a sore thumb.

No one in the history of Star Wars leaves the Galaxy for anything (we get invaders in that one EU arc but no one leaves).

The Eternal Empire comes from "Wild Space", which is basically an uncharted part of the galaxy.

Edited by Ruhun

No one in the history of Star Wars leaves the Galaxy for anything (we get invaders in that one EU arc but no one leaves).

The Eternal Empire comes from "Wild Space", which is basically an uncharted part of the galaxy.

You're right...I stand corrected. Still though, from what i have seen, Aliens are a minority in that part of space. And an non-human outlander would stand out.

Jedi Knight - Human or Zabrak

Jedi Consular - Miralukan or Mirialan

Trooper - Human or Cathar

Smuggler - Twi'Lek

Sith Warrior - Sith Pureblood or Human

Sith Inquisitor - A female makes the most sense, and I'd say a Twi'lek or Human makes the most sense

Bounty Hunter - Rattataki or Cathar

Imperial Agent - Lore-wise would be human, but story-wise would be Chiss

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion you have conventional choises.

Jedi Knight male human

Jedi Consular female human or forse sensitive race.

Trooper male human

Smuggler human.

Sith Warrior male human or sith pureblood

Inquisitor female human or ratta or any slave race

Bounty Hunter - female human or cyborg

Agent ciss ot human.

But you can make your lore. For example i will make female ratt smuggler. I will gear her with scalenearmor and I will play as if I am agent undercover. I will play only PvP and will troll republic team. Hutball passes to enemy leaving all nodes to the enemy. This will be so fun lorewise!

So to summ things up make your own lore and play with it. The imperial agent undercover for troll PvP is just one example of this. You can be gray jedi. You can be anyone you want as long as it is fun for you. What is more fun than trolling republicans? :D

You're right...I stand corrected. Still though, from what i have seen, Aliens are a minority in that part of space. And an non-human outlander would stand out.

They Comment on that in Zakuul, some alien you were dealing with says that she left her home or something.

Its a bit fuzzy since I've only gone through it once back when it was first released.