Best planet in the game?

cieraa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, a planet needs three things: it needs to look beautiful, have an interesting story, and it needs to feel Star Warsy.

Tatooine, far and away above the others.

Geographically, I like it because it has the most variety. Sure, lots of sand dunes, but lots of rocky places, towns, and plenty of weird junk out in the desert. I also liked the balloon ride.

I also really love the planet story line, especially the Republic side with Laksende, Fauler & Orden. This was, in my opinion, the best bit of story writing in the game.

Lastly, there's the Star Wars factor. "nuff said here.

My second favorite planet so far has been Ord Mantell. For those who, like me, had never played a Star Wars game or seen any "EU" stuff, it did a really good job of showing how the Republic isn't all "good guys", & the Empire isn't always the "bad guys". I don't think I would have ever bothered playing an Imp if it hadn't been for Ord Mantell. I really love the look of the place too - each region looks different, and I think it really ties together well.

I'm kind of surprised that so many people liked Taris. To me, it was really monotonous - every bit of overgrown jungle looks just like every other bit of overgrown jungle. I do remember climbing up on one bit of rubble just to get a good view of one open area, and it kind of looked like I'd imagine Central Park would look after a similar apocalypse. I found the rakghouls slightly interesting, but not as good as many other planet quests.

Mine would have to be Korriban. Simple reason is, when I waited all those years to play SWTOR and finally started my Sith character I was really impressed with Korriban. I had a lot of fun those first days of playing SWTOR and loved the quest and the lore behind it all!

Sadly that feeling has long passed, but I will always remember how excited I was to see Korriban and how much fun I had questing there with my 1st and 2nd toon! :)

^ I agree with this, Korriban was my favorite planet. I liked the Sithy feeling that I got from Korriban, plus everything was within a reasonable distance. Actually, I think Korriban was the first planet that was developed.

Dromund Kaas by far, it's awesome. It's so dark and foreboding and the quests there are all awesome. Like the polar opposite of Coruscant which I guess is what it's supposed to be, but still.

Was even more awesome being there with my Jedi Knight in the Doomsday quest line, seeing the citadel in the background with the imperial cityscape with the lightning and everything...and my lone Jedi taking on pretty much the whole place - awesome. Probably my favorite moment in the game so far.

Korriban and Dromund Kas are equally the best for me.

Love the sith feeing and interesting quests of korriban.

For Dromund Kas i love the quests, the flora, the beautiful city, a more open world feeling in the jungle, and i love that the planet actually has some sort of weather.

Dromund Kaas: Dark and stormy.

Imperial Taris: It has the sense of a deserted city with all those metallic sounds, and strange creatures in the night.

Quesh: Pure industrial decadence. Orange horizon from pollution.

Tattoine is nice too with the desert and blue sky.

Korriban is also nice but I can't say enough about how cool it would be at night...

Edited by Varnast

So im just curious to know what everyones favorite planet was once you completed your story and why? We all had our favorites and it would be interesting to hear what everyone thinks.:)

I think my favorite planet is Dromund Kass, the jungle, the dark city, the rain, I already feel a bit nostalgic everytime I go back there. Also as one of the earlier planets its full of class quests and the world quests with the revanite and the dark temple are pretty interesting.

Nar Shaddaa for me. Love the way it has a Las Vegas feel to it. A close second would be Alderaan. Awesome background music, beautiful landscape and (for the consular anyway) really engaging story. Edited by aurellian