A Thousand Papercuts

cyrus_krell

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, as another papercut: I think the Cartel Market would be the perfect place to put the option to change a character's advanced class. Make it cost about $10 real money, and that should help self regulate. If it becomes necessary, put a 30 day cooldown on the character who used the respec. I say this because, having gotten my ship back with my Gunslinger, I have come to the conclusion that I really should have gone with Scoundrel. But, having put in all that time and effort (plus a couple of Cartel Items), I really don't want to restart the character, either. So, he languishes in hibernation.

I would like to start a lobby to have this thread stickied. It is generally well written, and it would help keep the number of "plz ad this feeture!" threads down.

What sayeth the community? Sticky, or no sticky?

sticky for sure!

Edited by YeIIow

SWTOR papercuts

General

• Chapter one Risha still haunts the XS Freighter in chapter 2 & 3.
  • Disable particle effects on interactable objects on player ships / change to only glow on mouse-over. (similar to chairs, mailbox and escape pod)
  • More usable chairs on player ships, especially the ones in the lounge area.
    These are already objects with tooltips, they are not merely textures; it should be a relatively simple matter to convert them to 'usuable' objects.
  • Floating storage icon above cargo bay is halfway imbedded in the hull of my Defender. It is also totally superfluous.
  • Some obvious shortcuts were taken with the interior design of the bridge on the Defender.
    The overlapping and cropped textures are an eye-sore and mar the otherwise sleek and awesome look of the consoles.
  • Wall textures are protruding through the computer screen on the port side of the bridge on the XS Freighter.
  • The Crew Skills window and Legacy Classes window do not reflect the custom appearance of companions, but only their default appearance.
    I'm hesitant to mention this one because I can appreciate that it is not exactly trivial to change.

Space Missions

• The flight speed of missiles is too slow.

When fired at an oncoming ship, the missle(s), the player ship and the enemy ship will all converge at the same spot. By then it's too late for follow up damage, if required. In other cases, they often fail to reach their target before it is destroyed by blaster fire - resulting in wasted munitions.

Tradeskills

• Add option to perma-hide some 'junk' RE'd recipes, or add a 'favourites' list or search feature.
  • Upgrading an existing augment slot should cost less than adding a new augment slot.

Wishlist

• Add Legacy Cargo Bay.
    Spare containers already exist on player ships (though maybe not as objects), one of those could perhaps be converted. eg. the one in the main bedroom
  • Legacy Credit Bank.
    this doesn't have to be a physical object, just make all characters in a legacy share the same pool of credits.
    I understand the above two items have some ramifications for the F2P restrictions, so they probably need to be Subscriber Only with cartel market unlock option.

• Companions should be considered to have the appropriate character class in order to wear class restricted custom crafted armor*.
    *Adaptive armor sets and pieces may eventually obviate the need for this, depending on what gets released.
  • New Elara Dorne customization, default appearance but with hair loose, like in one of the story line cut-scenes.

Whilst recovering from being wounded in action, Elara appears in one cut-scene with her hair loose.

• A build-your-own customization feature for companions for hairstyles, facial features and skin colour (selecting from a pre-defined list of choices)

Suggestions for new mini-content

These could be Cartel Market unlocks that are unique per faction and class.

• Add new instanced locations (off-planet) to the galaxy map and remove the ones that are no longer accesible.
  • When docking at these locations, crew should disembark and populate the instance for a bit of 'shore leave' similar to the ME3 Citadel visits (even droids need maintenance, especially the ship droids... keep getting banged up somehow).
  • These instances should be convenience or activity hubs where you can engage in mini games*, pick up daily quests or just hang out, but obviously much smaller scale than the Fleet.
    *or perhaps even have sparring sessions with your companions - using suitable weapons and attire**, of course, to even things out.
    **alternatively it can be done through a 'computer simulation' -like video boxing- if you squirm at the idea of beating up your companions.
    Ideally these encounters should feature some voice acting too, similar to space missions.
  • The idea here is to create an extension of the player housing but in a more 'public' setting (i.e there will be some NPC's around).
  • Possibly also allowing customization options in these instances and vendors selling premium items as well as customization features.

Some examples

• Smuggler - Cantina and back room for shady deals or gambling (pazaak). Black Marketeer vendor
  • Trooper - Rec center or gym. Retired Requisitions Officer vendor
  • Knight - Meditation garden and diner. (flimsy, but I had to throw in something for Doc and Sgt. Rusk) Keeper of Jedi Artefacts vendor
  • Bounty Hunter - Hunting lodge / bar. Lodge Master vendor

Edited by ArenRakescar

Just a small papercut on my finger, I know in some MMO's the character bank is account wide. IE: You could put money/items in the bank and log onto a different character and acquire the items/money left in there. This could be very useful for people that need the same crafting skills (Like Synthweaving and Artifice which both use Archeology) If anything there could be a separate tab that is the "Account Wide Cargo Hold" in addition to your regular character one (Possibly buyable with CC???) in which you could put the unbound items and money in. Making transfers between character simpler.

Papercut Ideas

Though this probably has been beaten to death by now, but I do have a few ideas.

Remove Class Restrictive Armor

I think we should remove this because we already have restrictive armor types, ie: Heavy, Light & Medium armor this way I can place them on any of my characters and companions that can wear the correct type of armor.

I don’t always play a male character, but when I do…

I would like to wear pants on my Inqusitor. Please, make these. I don’t mind if you take the looks from the heavy/medium style gears. I just don't want to look like a woman while I’m playing my male characters. But if you are not going to make Light Armor Pants, then you better make Kilts instead…

Are you a Deceptacon or did you grow wings on your shoulders?

Please, for the love of all that is Star Wars, remove the wings from all gear that have wings. Shoulder pads died off in the 90s, just like bell-bottoms that tried to come back in the early 2000s, let them stay dead.

Edited by Sinnfein_Winters

I don’t always play a male character, but when I do…

I would like to wear pants on my Inqusitor. Please, make these. I don’t mind if you take the looks from the heavy/medium style gears. I just don't want to look like a woman while I’m playing my male characters. But if you are not going to make Light Armor Pants, then you better make Kilts instead…

I am female, and I only play female characters, and I wholeheartedly support this. Fighting in a skirt is ridiculous.

Are you a Deceptacon or did you grow wings on your shoulders?

Please, for the love of all that is Star Wars, remove the wings from all gear that have wings. Shoulder pads died off in the 90s, just like bell-bottoms that tried to come back in the early 2000s, let them stay dead.

Someone in this game has a fixation on shoulders. From the pointy things on the Imperials to the Lego shoulders on the Jedi, to random things poking up out of shoulders, really... if you were fighting would you want to be poked in the side of the head by your own clothing??

And.... there are two things I would pay money for.... not just credits, but real money, American dollars... heck, I'd go buy foreign currency to pay for this:

1. Make my companions SHUT THE HECK UP! Most of the things they say are horribly immersion breaking, and downright annoying. No wonder T7 is my favorite. Although, I will admit I love M1-4X, he is hilarious. Otherwise, MUTE OPTION, PLEASE! If my Padawan said "Eat lightsaber, jerk!" I'd slap her into next week, and I'm a light sider.)

2. Turn off the quest symbol on the bridge of my ship! I know it's there, it's been there for a year, and I'm still not going to click on it. On some ships it's right in my face and ruins any chance at screen shots.

:mad:

Edited by Gidrea

Someone in this game has a fixation on shoulders. From the pointy things on the Imperials to the Lego shoulders on the Jedi, to random things poking up out of shoulders, really... if you were fighting would you want to be poked in the side of the head by your own clothing??

i knowww right, who the hell designed those, and what the freaking god was he thinking about when he desingned them...

2. Turn off the quest symbol on the bridge of my ship! I know it's there, it's been there for a year, and I'm still not going to click on it. On some ships it's right in my face and ruins any chance at screen shots.

yes pls

Edited by YeIIow

Not that this is really the place for it, but I was at a presentation by... the company that makes that other game, and they were talking about character design. One of the things they noted is that character posture matters, and that larger, more flowing clothing gives the impression of grandeur. And, their right.

Don't believe me? Watch anything supposedly set in ancient Greece. Hell, watch the Original Star Wars movies. Vader was played by a 6'6" actor (much taller than the rest of the cast, except Chewie), and he still had the flowing cape and the Shoulders of Doom. While I do think they have gotten a tad carried away here in TOR, they haven't strayed all that far.

Another papercut I noticed, that some people are also peeved with. When you get cartel items that you cant use and arent tradable. I got the Empire ship droid customization (cant remember the name) but I got it on a republic character, now this wouldnt be so much of a problem for me since I have empire characters... but you cant trade it, cant sell it. So whats there left to do with it? throw it away??

Don't believe me? Watch anything supposedly set in ancient Greece. Hell, watch the Original Star Wars movies. Vader was played by a 6'6" actor (much taller than the rest of the cast, except Chewie), and he still had the flowing cape and the Shoulders of Doom. While I do think they have gotten a tad carried away here in TOR, they haven't strayed all that far.

Vader did not have wings, not even Boba Fett my friend, his kick butt armor had form fitting shoulders

TLDR: highlighed in bold or underlined

I wanted to post my thoughts here to not only contribute to this thread but also to reiterate some of the great ideas already mentioned here and throughout these forms. Hopefully BW will recognize what is wanted by the community and needed to make this game even better. Some may be a bit more than a tiny paper cut, but all of these ideas are aimed towards improving this great game.

My “papercuts”:

Legacy system needs much more utility:

The Legacy system is a great idea, it just needs some more love. It needs to feel more useful, especially when it comes to sharing between alts. Systems like the highly requested shared legacy datacrons, shared legacy codex, shared legacy bank, and more gear that is bind to legacy would be welcomed additions to the game and really improve quality of life. Of course these systems should be earned as rewards or unlocks, maybe even purchasable given legacy level requirements are met?

More features to improve game immersion:

This is area covers a HUGE range of topics ideas. Everything from more character customization options @ creation, to the highly requested and exceedingly desired "barber shop", a hood toggle option, appearance tab, and armor dye options would go SO FAR towards creating more immersion to the game. Taking it a step further, adding such features like a day/night cycle (imagine watching the two suns set on tatooine) would be amazing. Going even further, implementing a lightsaber/blaster creation system, a custom color crystal creation system, a legacy system where you can swap mirror class abilities based on your light and darkside alignments, and perhaps even being able to choose multiple saber stances/grips for your character (i.e. reverse grip like star killer) would absolutely send this game over the top both for me personally as well as many in the community. In short, you can never have too much personalization and customization with your characters!

Players need more ways to play the game @ end game rather than grind for gear:

Right now it’s pretty much running dailies for PvE or PvP rewards. The dailies in The Black Hole and Section X are done so often that they just get worn out. To add more variety, all heroic quests in the game could be scaled up to level 50 and yield daily rewards (perhaps cap how many can be done each day). Either way, more variety with the daily quests and easy access via shuttle transport would be much appreciated and help mitigate the endless grind that plagues endgame content.

Something else I hear from players a lot is that they want a way to alternatively earn some of the cool gear/rewards ONLY available on the cartel market. Even if it is a quest for a CHANCE at said items (make them repeatable daily). In short, subscription players should have an option to be able to earn the cool gear they have been asking for since launch that is currently only accessible thru GTN or Cartel Market.

Also, this game currently suffers from a lack ANY open world sandbox activities. I cannot stress enough the overwhelming desire for mini games like pazaak to be made available in SWTOR. Take that a step further, and elaborating on the point above imagine if a N64 Style Pod or Swoop Racing system were available on several different planets across the galaxy. One would sign up for a race, and pilot your own fully customizable pod racer to compete for daily rewards and prizes! I would LITERALLY remain subbed to this game even during my summer hiatus if this was even just confirmed to be being considered!

• 3 weeks later...

A few that come to mind:

When I play with a friend, we usually encounter a good amount of cut scenes that are not visible by the other player. I understand not everyone likes to sit through someone else's conversation, but we love to see the whole story in SWTOR! I wish there were an option to turn on spectator mode for all party member cut scenes.

Companion weapons often remain visible when stealthed.

When the launcher asks you a security question, backspace does not work in the text field.

Missions requiring interplanetary travel can be tricky when playing in a party. You can accidentally skip mission objectives when riding on someone else's ship.

Getting to the Drommund Kaas spaceport from Kaas City's imperial citadel is annoying because the flight paths do not connect.

Why are previously obtained quick travel beacons still interactable? Some quest objects also have this problem.

The Galaxy Map could use some significant improvement. It would be great if locations with tracked missions were hilighted without mouse over. It can be a little difficult to navigate to your destination. Also there appears to be no rhyme or reason to the Orange/Blue/Gray nameplate colors for planets and space missions.

Edited by JMullane
Added content

Stop the speeder! I want to get off!

Who's driving this thing anyway? It would be nice to be able to hop off the speeder. Occasionally I'll notice a quest icon as I whizz by, or a node or lore item or something else that I want to investigate. And sometimes I might accidentally end up choosing the wrong destination and end up crossing the whole of Taris whilst the rest of my group waits for me. So it would be nice to just be able to stop the speeder and get off before it reaches its destination. Obviously, that wouldn't work in certain locations (e.g. Coruscant).

Return To Sender

Allow me to configure a time period for any mail I send so that any mail that is not opened by the recipient within n days is returned to me. The game does not allow you to send mail to players that don't exist, but I assume that it doesn't differentiate between active and inactive characters. It's easy to mistype a name that isn't on your friends list and if the name is valid but inactive, you may never see that item again. The whole mail system needs a huge overhaul, but this would do for starters.

Say What?

Could you colour code the emotes so that those that are voiced and those that perform actions are easily identified from each other?

Edited by craic_fox

I know it's been said before, I've said it before - please stop shaking my screen!

I don't shake your screen while you're trying to concentrate (which admittedly would be an impressive feat, particularly given that I live on the opposite side of the world), please quit messing with mine.

This is an amazing thread, I really do hope all or most of these suggestions go into some quality of life patch or Rise of the Hutt Cartel.

Here are my papercuts:

* Taxis especially Alderaan Thrantas, not only are the Thrantas or whatever you call them so slow, but they and many other speeders go in an almost complete circle from one outpost to the spaceport the outpost that is north of you. Also some speeder paths (I'm talking about you Belsavis) are misleading on the maps, fix this as well as misleading quest speeders and enter signs on maps, I have traveled long just to enter an Imperial outpost when I think it some cave, but no it is just a entry to the other zone of the planet. One more thing about them is that some don't connect, for no reason like on Dromund Kaas. Also as said earlier, let us hit the escape button or some other hotkey to get off Taxi's.

* A lot of caves and buildings look exactly the same on the inside, as well as every orbital space stations, this can't really be fixed, but its one of the things that annoys me.

* Sav-Rep or whatever it is called lags when jumping to a pillar on Lost Island, not only is this painful, but it can make me walk off the edge because someone felt the need to make the computer things on the pillars 2 meters away from the platform with no connection.

* Something I really don't know how they could fix without annoying people who don't care about this sort of stuff - Respawns on a non-instanced mission that go like: "Hey clear this path" *clears path* "Thanks for clearing the path" *mobs respawn, making what I just did look pointless* Or when I explode a turret and then it just fixes itself and I see it do that while I'm exploding the next turret or something.

* When I'm leveling a character, especially near 50, it is very annoying that I have to check my companion and summon them each time I get a companion-gear piece or some loot that might be good for my companion, especially when they are on a crew skill mission, selling trash, "Unavailable" or I need to clear my inventory fast. A fix I would really want for this is to have a companion gear profile next to each companion picture on the crew skill tab, and then show the gear and have me able to equip gear while they are on a mission or when they are "Unavailable"

* ELEVATORS ELEVATORS ELEVATORS. They are the suicide trap of this game, and while not really needed a fix, everyone is annoyed by them. Some sort of suicide net would be amazing for elevators, or a very nice quick fix, make death from falling have an option for a medical probe A lengthier fix could be put a staircase next to each elevator. Also do something about jumping on elevators and killing yourself, especially on the Cademinu high-speed elevator.

* Very less important - RPers having the ability to equip certain weapons or armor, just make the weapon and armor give no extra effect. This could allow for snipers to RP as a guard and just hold out a weapon. There could also be possible legacy abilities like the valor ones for these types of weapons, or make the weapons legacy unlockable along with low-hitting abilities.

* Everything I would like is basically already posted in this thread, like hood toggle or sitting in chairs.

Again - Amazing thread! Lets hope Bioware puts requested features in without any bugs! :D

Edited by Djstingable

More papercuts:

* Map goes transparent when on a slope. This is very little but very annoying.

* The one Hoth shuttle that wasn't updated, so you have one shuttle with the ship option and one without

* Class missions requiring you to go into the airlock of an orbital station before going to ship. I click the 'your ship' button on the shuttle and it still says return to your ship, and I exit into the airlock and an NPC is waiting for me. Things like this and a lot of other quests need better descriptions on the mission quick-log so I don't have to click the log button to read the full description.

* A 'Republic/Imperial Fleet' button would be awesome on all the shuttles.

* Crew skill trainers, speeder vendors, and other such vendors on all planets, not just the ones with big markets. It is so annoying that I have to go to the fleet to get crew skill stuff learned. Or at least make some legacy crew skill trainer?

* A way to clean up or organize commendations/crew skills/other tabs. I don't want to go through all of the level 49-1 gear or commendations when I'm trying to get to the next category, and the hide section causes lag and doesn't really help. It would also be nice to hide certain crew missions, I don't need luxury fabric missions to be in my log when I'm only doing it for underworld metals.

* Legacy wide map-discoveries, datacron boosts, codex entries, so you don't need to explore every part of every planet each time you go through it. This would also help so I know if a certain 'to next area' signal is meant for imperials and leads you to an imperial outpost or not. Perhaps buyable maps as suggested earlier.

* Get rid of space stations, or atleast get rid of all of the elevators in space stations and spaceports so it could be like the Coruscant spaceport with no extra fade to black screens. - Or move all space station quests to the spaceport.

* A fleet re-design or more places like the fleet on planets. I and a lot of people hate the gaps in the station, how only one of the cargo bays has a medical center and the other has a quicktravel point, put them on both! Make the collectors only part be a click-to-get-there elevator, so us people with regular editions don't have to accidently fill up our chat log with "YOU MUST BE COLLECTORS EDITION BLAH BLAH BLAH" Take away the flashpoint couriers and put them all into one mission terminal, I don't like having quests I already did on my map. Also in those shuttle hangars at the fleets, put a shuttle for each planet. The seperate class hangars are also very annoying on how far apart they are spread. And maybe a weekly news thing instead of just getting it during an event?

* Make heroic missions have a special symbol on the map and have an option to toggle them off once you have done them or toggle them off completely. Do this with flashpoint couriers also.

* Emotes without an animation, like /sleep. It is very hard to look like you passed out drunk on the floor when you have to do /sit to do it.

* Fix leveling loot and daily loot, I don't need 500 different types of droid data cores as junk, just make 1 type that stacks so I don't have overflowing inventories. - Not sure if trash items go on the GTN, but if they do this would help with GTN lag.

* Something that I think would be cool - Like someone already said, two seater taxis with companions, but how about do this with some companions as well, they can sit in seats, hang on to you like a motorcycle, or maybe make another crew skill mission some sort of smart driving where the companion drives you to a coordinance - I think think that would cause for some mob encounters though :D

* Another speeder idea thingy - Some sort of thing you can go in on the fleet and paint the color of your speeder or add flames or imperial/republic symbols. Just a nice little feature XD

* And for taxis - Put a scenic taxi and a 'I need to get their hurry up' taxi side by side. Perhaps do something like this with elevators like it was done in Imperial Section X, where I can choose to fade to black and appear at the bottom, jump down, or use the elevator.

* Make quest objectives that you explode stay exploded for you, but still be a clicky for other people. Not sure how much coding trouble this would cause but I would love it.

* Someone mentioned this before - Do things like stock strike, shiv, dirty kick, or sucker punch really require energy? give them some animation so it looks reasonable.

* Another thing to help GTN lag possibly - Remove some blues/greens gear especially ones that drop in the daily zones, Do I really need random gear once I am doing dailies? Yes, I know it helps with getting money, but just make it LESS drops of that stuff. And get rid of pointless things like Aim Scatter guns or other things, make companions have class-like stats and just convert existing companion's gear to the new stat for free to not cause any annoyance.

* Does Doctor Lokin ever use his knife? Does Risha ever use her scattergun? Give other offhands like scopes or kolto-emmitters. - This is sort of hypocritical to the above idea but whatever :D

* More portable/starship vendors like a crew skill teacher or speeder vendor.

* Pet cages to go in your cargo room of the ship keep up to 12 or some number seperate cages so your room doesn't overflow.

* Some sort of highlighted "RECOMMENDED FOR YOU" text on certain quest awards, so I don't accidently choose an offhand pistol when I overlook the fact its offhand and I'm a scoundrel.

* Fuel or gas tanks force me to click it 500 times and then it lags when it explodes.

* Non-Human species should get beards if the lore allows it.

*The imperial/republic snow trooper outfits. I WANT THEM :)

*As someone said before - designated companion vendors, maybe make a staircase that goes above class vendors to a companion vendors so its like:

Ceiling

Companion Vendor/

------------------- / staircase REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT

Class Vendor /

It could go nicely with a fleet redesign :)

*Invisible companion bug - It makes me need to resummon my companion so I can be pleased.

*More words in the message of the day for guilds.

*Crafting gear/other things making me always have to sort by level every time I go to the tab, let me keep it on sort by level!

That's all I could think of while I was reading through this thread. Would be really nice if it gets stickied or maybe if a developer/OP cleans up the already-implemented requests. Just want to say awesome job for the OP on making this thread, keeping it maintained and responding to suggestions every once and a while :) Awesome thread!

TLDR: highlighed in bold or underlined

Also, this game currently suffers from a lack ANY open world sandbox activities. I cannot stress enough the overwhelming desire for mini games like pazaak to be made available in SWTOR. Take that a step further, and elaborating on the point above imagine if a N64 Style Pod or Swoop Racing system were available on several different planets across the galaxy. One would sign up for a race, and pilot your own fully customizable pod racer to compete for daily rewards and prizes! I would LITERALLY remain subbed to this game even during my summer hiatus if this was even just confirmed to be being considered!

Seriously voting up this idea. I love the fact that in Star Trek I can walk into Quark's bar and actually play dabo. Mind you, dabo really sucks and there are a LOT more, better things they could have done, but the fact you can do it is a nice bit of fanservice.

Going to Tattoine and making bets on, or competing in Pod Races? That would kick all kinds of ***, and opens the door to even more stuff like teams, leagues, and a million ways to waste some time and credits that doesn't involve "moar ginding". How about actually being able to gamble credits on (hopefully non-rigged) machines at Nar Shadda? You can even do that kind of stuff in Dragon Quest games! (And please don't tell me that gambling credits is too adult an activity after giving players the option to subject their own companion to electrical torture and commit theft/murder-for-hire).

I would like to see a legecy bank so all my money can be accessed without having to transfer to to another toon via mail.

I personally would like to share my commendations with all my characters. I don't like putting in the same work twice

More credits should be given for wz

Edited by warstory

My papercuts:

Emotes while mounted. This was reported as FIXED in 1.2. Where is it?

Limited time events in PVP areas. Do I need to say anything else? Why would you put PVE objectives in a PVP area, when there is a limited time on the event, knowing that some people are jerks and get their kicks on wasting other people's time?

Synthweaving takes WAY Too long to load. I have somewhere around 2000 synthweaving schematics learned, and trying to open my crafting window is starting to take longer and longer. It's a problem with UI at large, not just the crafting skill.

Crew Skills need better, and permanent, sorts. I'm so sick of having to resort my crafting window, every time I re-zone, or log-in. Please stop it.

Disappearing Speeder Taxis. This has been going on for quite some time, and is a known issue. Please fix it.

Disappearing Engine Trails/Stuck Engine Trails. Really annoying to see your ship's engine trail stay tagged in one spot, and just keep growing and stretching across space/time. Even more frustrating to see it disappear completely.

UI takes too long to load. There's obviously something wrong with the UI. When I turn it off with ctrl+U, the game runs a lot faster. And the UI takes WAY too long to load up. It needs some serious resource management updates, and should be streamlined.

UI Color. Why can't we change it? We can change just about everything else.

More UI customization controls. When I lower the scale of my UI, some things I want to be larger, but I can't change them individually, like loot window sizes. There needs to be a bit of an update to the UI customization.

Cartel Monthly Allowance. The amount that subscribers get is a pathetic representation of what our value is to you as subscribers. The items on the market are overpriced, and subscribers aren't being properly awarded for their continued support of the game. We deserve a lot more than 500 per month. Especially considering most things on the market cost 700-1000 tokens on average.

Fleet Shuttle Point. Why isn't there a shuttle on Fleet to take us directly to Ilum/SectionX/BlackHole/etc.? And visa versa. You could easily set one up at the North doorway on Fleet that has nothing there. Just add an elevator to a Shuttle platform, kinda like the one for Coruscant/Dromund Kaas.

Legacy Bank/Vault. This makes so much sense, I don't understand why we don't have it. If Reputation is shared, and I can mail stuff to my alts, then why can't I just have a shared Bank/Vault on my ship or something? Even if it's on Fleet, I can handle that. Give us a Legacy unlock to purchase even. How cool would that be?

Ship Customization. Why can't I repaint the walls of my ship? Why can't I decorate? Why can't I sit down on any chair but the Captain's Seat? The ship is the closest thing we have to player housing, and if that's all that we get, I'll be okay, but at least let us do something with it. Exterior customizations and upgrades would be sweet too.

Guild Fleet Headquarters. This was talked about early on, and so were Guild Ships. What happened?

Player Housing. Just like our ships, we deserve some place to hang our hats. Somewhere to show off our achievements. Something distinctly, ours.

Man the Turrets. Why can't I man the turrets on my ship, or anyone else's? And for that matter...

What's with the Emergency Hatch on my Ship? Why isn't this working yet? I got a little scared the other day when HK startled me as I came around a corner. Now, had that been a real emergency, I woulda been in real trouble.

Everytime my companion spawns, the game freezes for half of a second. I tend to see this a lot whenever I'm grouped with people as well. There's this sudden, brief, pause whenever another player comes into my detection range. It causes a lot of stutter on Fleet. It's really annoying when I send out a companion to sell my trash, and when he comes back, as I'm running, the game freezes momentarily. It's even more frustrating when I mount/dismount with a companion, and I get the same pause. I know it's not supposed to be that way, but it's been there since just before launch.

Load Times on most planets are getting unnecessarily long. God forbid I want to go to Corellia, any more. It takes well over 2 full minutes to load Corellia. I'm starting to see the same pattern with Nar Shaddaa, Tatooine, and Alderaan. And it's getting worse. I'm starting to see planets like Belsavis and Ilum taking longer to load. And as I've started leveling more of my alts, I'm seeing all of the planets taking longer to load. This is totally unnecessary. There's no reason for it either. But I'm hoping that it starts to get better before it gets worse.

Where are the mini-games? There has to be some more content to keep us occupied, other than extremely repetitive daily quests. Give us some gambling, some racing, some card games, anything. Give us a table-top game of Pong, for crying out loud. Anything to improve the play time length-of-stay.

That's all I got off the top of my head.

I must say that as a lover of stealth classes, I find it a bit archaic to manually leave stealth before I can mount. Just leaving stealth automatically to mount would be preferred. One would think that if enemies detect you and force you to de-stealth, so to speak, the same would be possible for using your mount.

Further, we need more fluff stuff for those players who don't necessarily play all the multi-player content the game gets loaded with. I've hit 50 with two chars in game so far and I go into boredom mode almost immediately since there's nothing to do for people who don't do OPs/FPs/WZs.

There's nothing to do, really, unless we're talking about daily grind and that HK-51 quest that involves even more multi-player content.

That really has to change. There needs to be more balance.

Edited by Lent_San

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.