The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

WARNING: You must leave the protected area or you will be removed from the Warzone

Anzel

the only way that we can leave a WZ is by waiting in safe area?

i never left any WZ i played, i think i spend some time in the specific loosing that at least will count as a match for the daily

but just wondering if its the only way

Edited by Kissakias

the only way that we can leave a WZ is buy waiting in safe area?

i never left any WZ i played, i think i spend some time in the specific loosing that at least will count as a match for the daily

but just wondering if its the only way

Right click on icon in bottom right hand corner of your screen (same icon as when you queue for WZ). You'll have the option to 'leave Warzone'. Click...and safe travels!

Ah fun times, being locked behind the gate and dropped from the WZ because of yet another bug.

To be fair, that "bug" has been there since beta.

Quite a few of us have bumped into the wall of doom at the start of a few warzones where it won't let us out.

Ah fun times, being locked behind the gate and dropped from the WZ because of yet another bug.

It's not a bug. The gate is "unlocked" for a specific amount of time every minute. If you respawn in the safe area right after the door has "locked" again, you have to wait until the "unlock" window comes around again. I'm not sure exactly how long the "unlock" window is, but it's not very long. I have never once been kicked from a WZ because I had to wait for the door to open. It has always opened before my timer was up.

It's not a bug. The gate is "unlocked" for a specific amount of time every minute. If you respawn in the safe area right after the door has "locked" again, you have to wait until the "unlock" window comes around again. I'm not sure exactly how long the "unlock" window is, but it's not very long. I have never once been kicked from a WZ because I had to wait for the door to open. It has always opened before my timer was up.

There is a very well documented bug where you can be stuck in the spawn area and unable to leave even when the gate is down. I assume this is what he is referring to.

I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of how it is SUPPOSED to work... it just doesn't a lot of the time.

I'm pretty sure everyone is aware of how it is SUPPOSED to work... it just doesn't a lot of the time.

It doesn't work 'A lot of the time'?

I've run over 500 WZ's on various characters and have never had it happen to me. Over 500 and zero times have I seen this bug.

You sure you're not making things up? That it happens once in a blue moon? Sure, maybe. That it happens a lot? Try again.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

It doesn't work 'A lot of the time'?

I've run over 500 WZ's on various characters and have never had it happen to me. Over 500 and zero times have I seen this bug.

You sure you're not making things up? That it happens once in a blue moon? Sure, maybe. That it happens a lot? Try again.

You're lucky. Not everyone is that lucky. I've run quite a few wz's myself and I see it quite frequently, though as another poster said I always get let back in before the timer goes off (it's pretty darn close a few times though). And no it's not for people sucking either. It happens to people after their first wz death too.

You're lucky. Not everyone is that lucky. I've run quite a few wz's myself and I see it quite frequently, though as another poster said I always get let back in before the timer goes off (it's pretty darn close a few times though). And no it's not for people sucking either. It happens to people after their first wz death too.

You've misunderstood what I was talking about. No worries but we're talking about something slightly different.

Firstly what you are talking is not a bug. Again, It's not a bug. The gate is "unlocked" for a specific amount of time every minute. If you respawn in the safe area right after the door has "locked" again, you have to wait until the "unlock" window comes around again.

I was talking about the bug where some people get kicked due to the timer running out while you're still stuck behind the wall. I've never had that happen to me. Nor to anyone I PvP with so that BUG doesn't happen regularly. I'm not saying that bug has never happened to anyone anywhere, im just saying it's not common at all.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

You've misunderstood what I was talking about. No worries but we're talking about something slightly different.

Firstly what you are talking is not a bug. Again, It's not a bug. The gate is "unlocked" for a specific amount of time every minute. If you respawn in the safe area right after the door has "locked" again, you have to wait until the "unlock" window comes around again.

I was talking about the bug where some people get kicked due to the timer running out while you're still stuck behind the wall. I've never had that happen to me. Nor to anyone I PvP with so that BUG doesn't happen regularly. I'm not saying that bug has never happened to anyone anywhere, im just saying it's not common at all.

We understand how it's SUPPOSED to work and if it's always worked that way for you, gratz. I know alot of people who weren't so lucky. And no I didn't misunderstand you.

We understand how it's SUPPOSED to work and if it's always worked that way for you, gratz. I know alot of people who weren't so lucky. And no I didn't misunderstand you.

You've seen many people get kicked from the WZ due to the 'protected timer' running out while they're stuck behind the wall? You said yourself it never happened to you but you've seen it happen a lot? Which is it then?

No worries. We're on 2 different pages (same chapter though :))

You've seen many people get kicked from the WZ due to the 'protected timer' running out while they're stuck behind the wall? You said yourself it never happened to you but you've seen it happen a lot? Which is it then?

No worries. We're on 2 different pages (same chapter though :))

Holy Crap, can't believe I'm even trying...guess I'm a glutton for punishment today. I have something called friends (look it up). Sometimes we game together via something called LAN parties (we end up in same room at same house with our laptops connecting to something called the internet). Does that help you at all? Didn't think so, my apologies.

Holy Crap, can't believe I'm even trying...guess I'm a glutton for punishment today. I have something called friends (look it up). Sometimes we game together via something called LAN parties (we end up in same room at same house with our laptops connecting to something called the internet). Does that help you at all? Didn't think so, my apologies.

Classy reply. I'm envious of your friends as you do seem a jolly person to know and discuss with :)

So in conclusion my reasoning was based on personally never having it happen to me in over 500 WZ's. You've never had it happen to you either (as you admitted in your first post here) but you've heard it from others? Cool. Regardless my point was valid...the actual bug is not commonplace. I'm sure it exists. I just can't agree that it's common when even you have never had it happen to you either.

Agree to disagree or you need to throw a few more insults to sweeten your evening?

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Classy reply. I'm envious of your friends as you do seem a jolly person to know and discuss with :)

So in conclusion my reasoning was based on personally never having it happen to me in over 500 WZ's. You've never had it happen to you either (as you admitted in your first post here) but you've heard it from others? Cool. Regardless my point was valid...the actual bug it is not common. I'm sure it exists. I just can't aggree that it's common when even you have never had ti happen to you either.

Agree to disagree or you need to throw a few more insults to sweeten your evening?

Actually I get along great with my friends (and most people for that matter). Trolls are another story. All I was trying to get across was that just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it's uncommon. All of our experiences are anecdotal after all. Unlike you, I'll admit that. (BTW, I never denied that it didn't happen to me...not sure what you're trying to imply there). Anyway...

Actually I get along great with my friends (and most people for that matter). Trolls are another story. All I was trying to get across was that just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it's uncommon. All of our experiences are anecdotal after all. Unlike you, I'll admit that. (BTW, I never denied that it didn't happen to me...not sure what you're trying to imply there). Anyway...

Please accept my appologies then. I personally still believe it isn't common and will surely one day have it happen to me too (hopefully not for a long time yet :)). I may just be lucky in my time PvP'ing and if so I pray that luck continues on all my characters.

No harm intended and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

P.S. For the life of me I don't know why I got heated over this subject...F2P announced, Subs bleeding, Space update maybe put on hold...and I get snarky over a possible PvP bug instead? Not a good allocation of my energy lol.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus