Bug List the CM's and Devs

Duceman

Hello everyone! I just wanted to step in and comment about some of these. We are always working on fixing bugs, and with large and complex projects such as an MMO, there will inevitably be issues that affect gameplay. Your reports are truly important, so please remember to use the in-game /bug feature to report problems you find, and when doing so, please be as specific and detailed as possible. Also, keep the Known Issues list in mind when you're wondering about a specific bug, but also please know that the list is not meant to be comprehensive of everything being worked on.

The trouble is with the Known Issues is that there are loads of issues such as most of the ones mentioned in the OP here that dont make the list.

I dont know why this is but my guess is that you dont want to freely admit that your Operations are miserable since the server transfers (and we all know that is when this happened and people were registering that as each new server got picked as a destination server it happened to that server as well. Not to mention those who stayed on their origin servers what wernt destination ones didnt get these lag spikes.) because fights like the last boss in denova what because of the server lag spikes continues to unsync and causes things like the bombers to explode because for 5 seconds of their 20 second timer you couldnt DPS them due to lag spikes but their countdown continued. Or a spike happens during the Breath of the Master and makes the tanks not beable to swap again causing a wipe as they take a 25k hit. Or sometimes though a rarity that when you get the 2 driods with the AOE field around them that they unsync with each other and causes both to have the electric field up at the same time.

So yeah all well and good saying that we have a Known Issues thread, but maybe have the Known Issues on it.

Edited by demonssword

The trouble is with the Known Issues is that there are loads of issues such as most of the ones mentioned in the OP here that dont make the list.

I dont know why this is but my guess is that you dont want to freely admit that your Operations are miserable since the server transfers (and we all know that is when this happened and people were registering that as each new server got picked as a destination server it happened to that server as well. Not to mention those who stayed on their origin servers what wernt destination ones didnt get these lag spikes.) because fights like the last boss in denova what because of the server lag spikes continues to unsync and causes things like the bombers to explode because for 5 seconds of their 20 second timer you couldnt DPS them due to lag spikes but their countdown continued. Or a spike happens during the Breath of the Master and makes the tanks not beable to swap again causing a wipe as they take a 25k hit. Or sometimes though a rarity that when you get the 2 driods with the AOE field around them that they unsync with each other and causes both to have the electric field up at the same time.

So yeah all well and good saying that we have a Known Issues thread, but maybe have the Known Issues on it.

The reason is they need more data on some bugs, when they gather enough data about a bug,they will add it to the Known list. Most people don't report a bug if they saw it already on the Known Issues list.

Thanks for this report! We've sent your details along to add to this issue's investigation. If you have more details about this please post them here. Does this only happen when someone is disconnected during the encounter? You mentioned it doesn’t happen every time, but can you give more of an estimate of how often it happens? Does it happen > 50% of the time, for instance?

Thanks for the update. To answer your above question. I would say it is around 50% of the time when a disconnect happens. The disconnect can happen anytime during or before Gharj. Can even happen on the first boss.

• Dev Post

Hello again! I wanted to update you about another of your questions:

Miralukas (not sure if other species) are still not able to show the headslot item. We can show our hoods (if available) by turning off the head slot item but still not show the head slot item when turning the hoods back on again. This is taking a very long time to get fixed. I chose this species as a main with my class and am really bothered by how long it is taking to resolve this issue. Where do we stand with this?

There have been recent discussions around this, and it's something that the developers and artists are looking at now. The option currently works as it does because the character customization masks can be highly incompatible with many pieces of headgear. However, we are looking into changing this such that players could select the option, and when headgear is visible, the customized mask would change to something more subtle (but appropriate to the fact that the Species is blind). If players have decided to hide the headgear , their normal visor would show. We will try to keep you updated as decisions are made around the topic.

• Dev Post
Will you ever fix the bug that causes people to fall down around the reactor in The Esseles Flashpoint (Hard mode and Story mode) when using Force leap-type abilities (Force Leap, Guardian Leap, Zeleaous Leap, etc.)? If you fall down, you don't die and can't even use exit area as the game thinks you are moving and you are too far away to force leap back or have Sages pull you back up. Thus people are leaving group finder groups when that happens with no way to reinvite them (on a side note, it would be a good idea to allow group finder groups to manually invite replacements so they can re-invite people that had to leave the group because of bugs).

I know I have reported this bug multiple times in beta and live in the past year, and still nothing has been done about it.

Yes! We're absolutely looking ensuring that players will actually die when they're knocked back or fall into the Reactor Core in The Esseles. We know that this has been in place since launch, and there have been threads about it here on the forums. Please watch for an update about the issue in the near future.

Edited by AmberGreen

Will you ever fix the bug that causes people to fall down around the reactor in The Esseles Flashpoint (Hard mode and Story mode) when using Force leap-type abilities (Force Leap, Guardian Leap, Zeleaous Leap, etc.)? If you fall down, you don't die and can't even use exit area as the game thinks you are moving and you are too far away to force leap back or have Sages pull you back up. Thus people are leaving group finder groups when that happens with no way to reinvite them (on a side note, it would be a good idea to allow group finder groups to manually invite replacements so they can re-invite people that had to leave the group because of bugs).

I know I have reported this bug multiple times in beta and live in the past year, and still nothing has been done about it.

When I've done a force leap through the floor, one thing that does work is using the /stuck command. It does kill me as opposed to move me back up top, but at least I don't drop group and can reenter the instance without losing my status with the group for the purposes of group finder.

Hello everyone! I just wanted to step in and comment about some of these. We are always working on fixing bugs, and with large and complex projects such as an MMO, there will inevitably be issues that affect gameplay. Your reports are truly important, so please remember to use the in-game /bug feature to report problems you find, and when doing so, please be as specific and detailed as possible. Also, keep the Known Issues list in mind when you're wondering about a specific bug, but also please know that the list is not meant to be comprehensive of everything being worked on.

We are very aware of this recent issue with premade groups of 4 and are working on fixing it. Because it manifests in a few ways, including not giving commendations correctly, multiple popups, and incorrectly filling the Mission Log, we are spending extra time to test fixes before they are implemented.

I posted a thread in the Customer thread section of the forums about this, but I hope you guys don't think this is only happening to premade groups of 4 queueing up for tier 1 HM FP's. I can confirm that on 8/8/2012 we as a premade 8 man group queued up for Story mode OPS, and hit the same bug. The first of two ops we did we got no black hole coms. (The ops was SM EV as an aside). We then did SM Kragga's palace (or however it's spelled) and THEN got the 5 black hole coms.

I've heard people forming premades for easymode level 50 FP's for the 5 daily tokens also hit this bug, but I haven't done this personally so I can't confirm this directly.

As an aside, my current assumption is that if one were to do every FP or ops in the list that one would get the black hole coms. I haven't done Lost Island since this bug, but my assumption is also that since Lost Island is the only current zone in the tier 2 HM FP list, that it would give coms regardless of if this bug is fixed or not.

Anyway, I'm posting this with hope that if the developers aren't aware of this, they are now made aware. The posts I've seen do imply that they think it's only with premades doing tier 1 HM FP's.

We got the Admin error on Eternity Vault last night, the work around for it was to break up the group and have everyone relog, after that we put the group back together and reset the instance and was able to continue.

As for the Trash mobs resetting, make sure one person stays in after the team wipes, you can either rez that person or soon as someone comes back into the OP's that person can release and run back in.... that will keep the mobs from respawning...

Good Morning!

Since we're talking about bugs... Amber, has there been any news regarding the giant behinds on robes for body type 2 (and type 1 as well I believe)? It's been kind of a hot topic amongst the Jedi Knights since launch.

Thanks for all the information you've been giving us too! :)

There have been recent discussions around this, and it's something that the developers and artists are looking at now. The option currently works as it does because the character customization masks can be highly incompatible with many pieces of headgear. However, we are looking into changing this such that players could select the option, and when headgear is visible, the customized mask would change to something more subtle (but appropriate to the fact that the Species is blind). If players have decided to hide the headgear , their normal visor would show. We will try to keep you updated as decisions are made around the topic.

Nice....thanks for the update.

One approach might be to give players more mask options at player creation...many of the ones that are there are ridiculous and look like they were made by a caveman reject from jurassic park. More mask choices were asked for over and over and over in beta...

Yes! We're absolutely looking ensuring that players will actually die when they're knocked back or fall into the Reactor Core in The Esseles. We know that this has been in place since launch, and there have been threads about it here on the forums. Please watch for an update about the issue in the near future.

The problem that i have had is the fact if you jump to a mob on the grating leading to the reactor you fall through the grating. Sometimes I die and sometimes I dont.

The problem that i have had is the fact if you jump to a mob on the grating leading to the reactor you fall through the grating. Sometimes I die and sometimes I dont.

As I posted above, if you do fall through, try /stuck. It does kill you if you didn't die, but at least you can revive outside without leaving the group and reenter the instance.

We have noticed during Eternity Vault when someone gets disconnected during Gharj that this boss will bug out and either he will reset or the platforms will reset and kill us all. Then the next fight the platforms will not even bother to spawn during the fight with Gharj. This is a bug we have seen since the launch of the game. Granted it will not happen everytime but it does happen enough to where we have figured out what causes the problem. When will this issue be resolved?

Thanks for this report! We've sent your details along to add to this issue's investigation. If you have more details about this please post them here. Does this only happen when someone is disconnected during the encounter? You mentioned it doesn’t happen every time, but can you give more of an estimate of how often it happens? Does it happen > 50% of the time, for instance?

I have encountered this issue with Gharj, but I have not seen it happen as the result of a disconnect. When we have encountered issues, it has always been after knocking the fire puppies off the ledge instead of killing them directly. We will also remain in combat walking through the hallway, despite there being no fire puppies left to kill. The surefire fix for Gharj bugging out has been to reset the instance, and kill all the fire puppies.

Typically, after an episode of bugging out and re-entering the instance after a wipe, one or more fire puppies will have magically reappeared in the corridor (without resetting instance). This seems to explain the staying in combat thing, and killing these will usually fix Gharj as well.

If I had to give a random guess, I'd say it happens maybe 25% of the time that we knock fire puppies off the ledge. I have not seen it happen when they were all killed by hand/force. That could be completely and wildly inaccurate however, as I haven't regularly run EV in some time. I ran it right before the social bug with the lightning balls was fixed, and at that time the bug was still there. I have heard people claim that the bug is only present in HM+ but I have no corroborating evidence for that.

Edited by shadowflit

I want to add my Miraluka shadow was fine until update 1.2. I was wearing a piece of headgear the night before the update, and the next day after installing the update my headgear did not display. I tried various pieces of headgear in my cargo hold without any success. I have become used to this bug, and don't mind it so much, but it cropped up just at the moment in time that I started to enjoy and embrace the silliness of some of the consular headgear.

Another bug in OPS, not sure if it's been reported.

If the entire raid wipes on a boss in HM EV or HM KP (not sure if in Story mode too) and everybody clicks the Return to Medcenter button - ALL the trash prior to the boss we wiped on respawns. This can't be intended. However, if you leave ONE person dead on the ground until somebody re-enters the instance... the trash stays cleared.

[

We are very aware of this recent issue with premade groups of 4 and are working on fixing it. Because it manifests in a few ways, including not giving commendations correctly, multiple popups, and incorrectly filling the Mission Log, we are spending extra time to test fixes before they are implemented.

So, has in-game CS been empowered to award the comms to those of us that did not receive them?

So, has in-game CS been empowered to award the comms to those of us that did not receive them?

Yes, although for me anyway it took a long while.

I submitted a ticket late Tuesday night the 7th for missing coms, they did refund me the coms today, August 10th.

So it takes a few days, but submitting a ticket for each time you should have gotten a reward for doing a zone via group finder does work.

Could you please fix the droid boss in the foundry hardmode. It's beyond glitched. The Koan Under Siege Hardmode is also full of glitches. These have been going on and never seem to be addressed.

Nothing is as fun as having the tank get stuck while the droid boss is bugged and being knocked down by the rahkghoul boss and having to heal while lying flat on the ground stuck.

:confused:

Another bug in OPS, not sure if it's been reported.

If the entire raid wipes on a boss in HM EV or HM KP (not sure if in Story mode too) and everybody clicks the Return to Medcenter button - ALL the trash prior to the boss we wiped on respawns. This can't be intended. However, if you leave ONE person dead on the ground until somebody re-enters the instance... the trash stays cleared.

Omg that is a bug I hope I never witness.