Took a 6,002 smash hit from Jugg

LordSkyKnight

Just finished a pvp match. I was hit with a smash from a jugg for 6,002 damage, my total hp is 14239. How can anyone not be upset from a hit like that? Yes I'm in recruit gear, this is going to be a brutal climb to get better gear....sigh. :(

I was hit again by the same person for 5,8XX, dont remember the exact amount, later in the same match.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished a pvp match. I was hit with a smash from a jugg for 6,002 damage, my total hp is 14239. How can anyone not be upset from a hit like that? Yes I'm in recruit gear, this is going to be a brutal climb to get better gear....sigh. :(

I was hit again by the same person for 5,8XX, dont remember the exact amount, later in the same match.

A. Your in recruit gear if your hp is 14239

B. The Jug is I assume wearing Full WH stacked with augs

C. You need to get geared and suck it up

Edited by Caeliux

Stopped reading when you said your in Recruit Gear.

I think the goal was to inform some stupid roflstompers like you he has expertise and so some damage mitigation...

Considering the gap between Recruit and WH in terms of damage mitigation, he'd have taken some 10% less damage (armor rating + expertise combined), which would'nt have changed anything. 1/3rd to 1/4th hp a hit is way too much, especially when you take the auto-crit on this particular skill into account.

L2Strafe.

Did u tried to move like 10-15 meter away?

It works sometimes even doing some LOS does, is hard...we all know

Thank Bioware for that. If you could get War Hero only from ranked PvP (or Arena, it's time bioware), people with full BM (or nearly full War Hero), would not queue for normal warzones but would go for Rated Warzones and Arena instead. Normal Warzones would be mostly fights between players with recruit and some BM-pieces

EDIT: Typos >_<

Edited by Fyda

Thank Bioware for that. If you would get Warhero only from ranked PvP (or Arena, it's time bioware), people with full BM wouldn't queue for normal warzones anymore but would go for Rated Warzones and Arena. Normal Warzones would be mostly recruit with a few BM vs recruit with a few BM.

Uhm... O.o....wha....???!!!

just a huge gap in your gear, difference, you know the drill, keep playing, and grind away and suffer the humiliating face rolls in the dirt. I'm afraid we have all been there, and no, its not always fun either, but you keep playing anyway, because you know you want 'better' gear, and to be able to compete and help your team out appropriately.

Lets get real here.

Its very possible to hit a 1200+ expertise player with 6-7K smash/sweep as a Jugg/Guardian. I can hit 5-5700 consistently with a 930 expertise Guardian when dueling against a guildie with 1270 expertise.

An AE ability that does more damage than any single target ability in the game is just broken.

I'm a focus Guardian and Force Sweep is my bread and butter. If someone is wearing recruit gear and I have 4 stacks of Singularity built and you have Sundering Armor on and are within 5 seconds of me leaping to you...you are going to get hit for about 6-7k. If you are not full Recruit it will be even worse. Full WH will typically get hit for 5-6k.

There are quite a few things that need to be setup right in order for this to happen. Jugs and Guardians rely heavily on gear and rotation, not lucky button mashing. If we are off just a couple of seconds those sweeps will hit for about half that. I know it stinks but keep grinding the gear. Every class has a couple of moves that others feel are cheap (stun..backstab, backstab, backstab, backstab...stun, backstab, backstab, backstab) but it does take skill to pull off large hits like that.

Edited by Hyryu

Lets get real here.

Its very possible to hit a 1200+ expertise player with 6-7K smash/sweep as a Jugg/Guardian. I can hit 5-5700 consistently with a 930 expertise Guardian when dueling against a guildie with 1270 expertise.

An AE ability that does more damage than any single target ability in the game is just broken.

It requires a jump to set up the 100% crit and 4 stacks of shockwave. Plus it only happens at the location of the Smash user.

It is pretty easy to avoid if you have any awareness at all.

Granted, it really sucks to get hit by one, but that's your fault for letting the guy build up those buffs and stand on top of you.

I am in full WH and have been hit with 6k+ smashes a couple of times. Not saying they are OP, I don't think they are, but it has definitely happened.

And to people saying L2strafe or just LOS, are you telling me you have never been hit with a smash? You can avoid a lot of them but not all.

You're**

Stopped reading when you said your in Recruit Gear.

You're**