Would you pay 15 dollars in the game's Cash Shop for any of these?

Toogeloo

As the topic states, do you think these are likely to hit the cash shop within, say, 6 months of the F2P model launch? And do you feel they are worth up to 15 dollars to do so?

-Automatically leveling your character to the max level

-Switching your Character's Faction (swapping to opposing mirror class)

-Advanced Class Respec

-Companion Parties (up to 3 Companions out at a time)

-Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits)

Feel free to add your own wildly speculative and outlandish possibilities for the Cash Shop as well. These are just a few off the top of my head that I think are not Pay to Win, but are just kind of ridiculous but I fully imagine people asking for.

No, that's where the game is its most fun.

No.

No.

No.

No.

I could see cash shop players paying a reasonable amount of money to get enough of an experience boost from class quests alone that they can stay on-level with the class quests. This alleviates the grindiness of exploring your class stories beyond the first on each side.

I can't see me ever paying another dime to EA after such a disappointing run with SWTOR, so all my answers were going to be no anyway.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pay for a group of 4 with all companions, escpecially if I could have such a group anywhere. Ha ha, imagine everyone running around with three companions! I'd love it.

I'd also pay for the full legacy XP boosts that I can't afford with my in-game credits.

I don't see the OP's ideas happening. Some might be interesting but I think it will be more around the lines of:

Unlock character races

Unlock additional rows in inventory

Unlock additional tabs in storage

Unlock Operations BIG FAT NO Subscription ONLY

Unlock unlimited flashpoints BIG FAT NO Subscription ONLY

Expansions

Speeder skins

Adaptable orange gear (possibly legacy bound)

XP boosts

Character slots

Furnishings for starships

Fireworks

Dyes

Things like that...

Some are ok but the 2 I have highlighted NO NO NO

problem with someone skipping levels 1-50 is they will suck at playing their character for long time while they try to learn the basics... NO way I would bring such people on OP's or HM runs.... They would cause the group to wipe over and over again especially if there playing a Tank or Healer....

Leveling 1-50 teaches you how to play your class, even then some people still need more time .... So no to instant leveling.... But If Bioware did add this then they need to put a N next to there name for Newbie so we know to avoid them like the plague...

I would say no to any of them except the 'betrayal' option (and I'd rather see that implemented in the game as an ingame piece, not a purchase).

As for the lvl 1-50 thing, I'm not sure how leveling a tank from 1 to 50 solo would be any different than instant level, since you aren't going to learn to tank in either case... You might have a slight edge in that you know your abilities better by leveling, but you still aren't going to understand agro control mechanics, healer limits, etc.

As the topic states, do you think these are likely to hit the cash shop within, say, 6 months of the F2P model launch? And do you feel they are worth up to 15 dollars to do so?

-Advanced Class Respec

Feel free to add your own wildly speculative and outlandish possibilities for the Cash Shop as well. These are just a few off the top of my head that I think are not Pay to Win, but are just kind of ridiculous but I fully imagine people asking for.

i dont know probably i would spend it for either faction switch, advance class respec, or maybe even purchase of ingame credits

A

Go play Diablo and never come back! :) (joke inside)

It's not pay to win, it's pay to pay. IMAO I'd pay for content. Right now I'm paying for... Well, what am I paying for?

P.S. If you need credits, ebay is your friend. Then you'll know why USA is in debt with China! :tran_tongue:

Edited by Kesphin

-Advanced Class Respec

Any of these would ensure I never return to swtor ever.

I would buy credits from bioware yes and i would pay as much as 100$ for a BOGA mount that lvl up with me always when it comes to speed.

I dont think EA had any idee how much money they would make on awesome animal mounts one

can use on all lvls.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

-Advanced Class Respec

I don't get it - are you being sarcastic or do you actually believe these are going to be cash shop options?

I'm confused, because the only way this post comes off as anything intelligent is if it is meant as a satire of people complaining about the cash shop, yet I am not sure whether you intended it to be satire or not.

LOL. Catering to the ez-mode, only pointless engame instances matter crowd? It would be idiotic for Bioware to put this in and remove an extra month or two of cash flow they might get from each character's levelling process. So, we will probably see it. Somethng like this is likely to cost way more than $15 because you would be removing a month (maybe more, maybe less) of potential revenue each time you allow this. I wouldn't ever buy it since leveling is the only part of this game that isn't complete s--t.

Yes.

-Advanced Class Respec

No. Again won't be in the game unless the price point is set high enough to offset the revenue you would lose from having that player take the time to level an alt to get the other Advanced Class. Probably more like $30 or $40. I woudn't pay for it either way.

If it's one time purchase for this ability, yes. If it's a per party charge, no.

Ha ha. This would REALLY be a stupid move for Bioware. I could see $5 per 100,000 credits, but better to let cartel coins be sold in the GTN than to allow straight up credits for cash.

If I am Bioware: Playable wookie race ($60). Armor "dyes" ($10 each color). Cosmetic ship upgrades ($10+ each). Playable Jawa race ($40), One time flashpoint run ($5). One time operation ($5). New armors that look much better than current ones ($5 per body piece, $20 for full set).

-----

Edited by boxfetish

LOL. Catering to the ez-mode, only pointless engame instances matter crowd? It would be idiotic for Bioware to put this in and remove an extra month or two of cash flow they might get from each character's levelling process. So, we will probably see it. Somethng like this is likely to cost way more than $15 because you would be removing a month (maybe more, maybe less) of potential revenue each time you allow this. I wouldn't ever buy it since leveling is the only part of this game that isn't complete s--t.

Leveling to 50 is completely free regardless. Bioware wouldn't be losing any cash flow from the leveling process. In fact, at $15 per character, they'd be set to gain money, since it can generally take under a month to hit 50.

Also, the only good thing about the leveling process in this game is the story. As soon as you have a 50 on each faction, you've seen the majority of it. I can't speak for anyone else, but my alts have become tediously boring to level outside of their class quests, not to mention most advanced classes require an arbitrary amount of talent points to be any fun/decent in PvP.

Leveling to 50 is completely free regardless. Bioware wouldn't be losing any cash flow from the leveling process. In fact, at $15 per character, they'd be set to gain money, since it can generally take under a month to hit 50.

Also, the only good thing about the leveling process in this game is the story. As soon as you have a 50 on each faction, you've seen the majority of it. I can't speak for anyone else, but my alts have become tediously boring to level outside of their class quests, not to mention most advanced classes require an arbitrary amount of talent points to be any fun/decent in PvP.

You don't understand what I mean. If someone is paying a sub while they are leveling another alt from level 1 or 10 or whatever, they are not only paying the monthly sub they may also buy fluff from the cash shop that they wouldn't have otherwise, exp boost is one example. Not to mention that each character you make a F2Per or subber level completely instead of paying to instantly make level 50 is that much longer on the longetivity of that player as a whole. In most cases. It's a balancing act. EA will set the price a whatever point the money made from the instant level 50 fee is greater than the potential revenue lost. I say that will be higher than $15, more like $30. We shall see, if it is ever even a cash shop option.

-Automatically leveling your character to the max levelno

-Switching your Character's Faction (swapping to opposing mirror class)no

-Advanced Class Respecyes

-Companion Parties (up to 3 Companions out at a time)absolutely yes

-Purchase of in-game credits (let's say 15 bucks gets you 10,000,000 credits)absolutely no

my replies in blue

-Advanced Class Respec

I could see the Advanced Respec and possibly the Companion Parties (if Bioware actually expands on the companion system instead of just giving us more silly, useless pets).

Everything else would be too imbalancing or too much pay-to-win.

But hell, I would already be happy if they just implement paid server transfers so that I can consolidate all my toons! :D

Edited by Totaltrash

Iwitching your Character's Faction (swapping to opposing mirror class).

Congratulations. You're a level 50 <mirror Class>

You are in chapter 1. No companions. You're on your starting planet. No Gear or money. No ship. No bank slots.

But hey, you're level 50, right?

Better get started on those class quests so you can get your companions.

Not in favor of ANY Pay to Win features being implemented. I dont care how trivial, any addition that gives one player a gear, stat, or level bonus over others (like buying money so you can upgrade large amounts of gear, buying levels, etc.) diminishes the game. Edited by Blaac

I don't get it - are you being sarcastic or do you actually believe these are going to be cash shop options?

I'm confused, because the only way this post comes off as anything intelligent is if it is meant as a satire of people complaining about the cash shop, yet I am not sure whether you intended it to be satire or not.

Of course this is satire. I made this topic in response to ridiculous requests people were making for cash shop things.

Congratulations. You're a level 50 <mirror Class>

You are in chapter 1. No companions. You're on your starting planet. No Gear or money. No ship. No bank slots.

But hey, you're level 50, right?

Better get started on those class quests so you can get your companions.

I think they should make it so that your Class quests are always at your level, so if you are in a phase on Tython doing your Jedi Knight quest at level 50, all the mobs inside would be level 50 as well. Most class quests are inside phases or something you spawn anyways.

I think they should make it so that your Class quests are always at your level, so if you are in a phase on Tython doing your Jedi Knight quest at level 50, all the mobs inside would be level 50 as well. Most class quests are inside phases or something you spawn anyways.

Too exploitable using groups.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.