Diminishing Returns on Expertise????

homeloard

some wh mods/enh have more exp than others. I think it's a 5 exp swing for an extra side stat. I don't remember exactly. but there are minor decisions like that to be made (mind you, main stat and end also swing on said mods, so you *might* exchange hp for exp).

No all WH mods have the same expertise. You can get to around 1370 if you dual wield, but that's the current max.

Over 1000 it has a soft cap. It gradually has more diminishing returns over 1100. Over 1200, adding more expertise barely does any benefit.

This does not agree with the graph I've seen. In that graph, the benefits of expertise continue to accrue at a darn-near constant rate well past 2500.

I have heard, but cannot verify, that there is a discrete bump or step up benefit that occurs at 1100, so that should be regarded as a minimum.

The graphs I saw had separate curves for 1.1 and 1.2.

I don't know if there was any change to expertise in 1.3.

I guess I was referring to whoever posted the link in this thread. Those graphs (with the DRs for all stats) were originally posted in a thread from 2011, and the data for expertise was from 1.1, not 1.2.

I went from stock full WH with 1332 expertise to my new optimized gear 1211 expertise. Basically do not use the WH belt and bracers. They have crappy stats and building your own with legacy gear greatly improves your stats, while cutting off the useless expertise. I can guarantee you 1211 expertise + crafter belt and bracers is much better than the 1332 stock Wh gear.

or a better way try it on a WZ training dummy ahnd swap out pve gear with pvp gear with the same base stats minus / pluss the expertise. have the gear at maxumum possible expertise at the end of the test and see what the highes dps that you can do.

the only thing is, is do we know how much expertise the training dummy has to simulate damage reduction or does it scale to your stats?

Mixing PvE with PvP gear is feasible for some ACs, but not for others. I wouldn't recommend it for any of the Sorcerer/Sage trees as you won't live long enough for that extra DPS/HPS to be worth it. You are squishy AND a primary attack target.

I would argue the opposite. The hits sages/sorcs take are so big that expertise reduction is rendered moot. It simply doesnt matter if you sit on 19 % or 17 %, you will die just as fast. The min/maxing you can do, through BH mods, by sacrificing expertise in that 2 % range is however affecting dps/hps significally. I personally think it's better to gear for up time.

I went from stock full WH with 1332 expertise to my new optimized gear 1211 expertise. Basically do not use the WH belt and bracers. They have crappy stats and building your own with legacy gear greatly improves your stats, while cutting off the useless expertise. I can guarantee you 1211 expertise + crafter belt and bracers is much better than the 1332 stock Wh gear.

This, the belt alone with net you +30'ish main stat.

Edited by MidichIorian

please post more information. what are the stats of each gear item swapped along with your full character stats with one set equipped?

According to my spreadsheet, the boost for going from expertise 1211 to 1332 in 1.2 (and 1.3) is:

• dmg boost: +1.607%
  • dmg reduction: 1.0511%
  • healing boost 0.9236%