Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why are people like this??

AurakaSith

Sorry dude. But yea, ninja a respawn while another fights the mob guarding the object does make a douchebag...

I think it is all a matter of perspective though. If you don't care, well, you don't care. But you can expect some hate. BTW I don't blame the game mechanics at all. Players should play with some decorum, there are and should be some unwritten rules. The game should be what you and your community make it.

Well said.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest issue I see is that they have decreased the spawn time of the mobs but appear to have left all the clickables at the original timer. Use to you would go in kill mob get X item. Now you kill mobs 2 or 3 times before X item is ready. So now you have 60 people in BH who have killed said mobs and are all running around trying to get the X item. I personally never knowingly take a item from someone. I tend to wait or help them finish off the mobs to see if they are at the X part yet or not. Most folks dont though, they assume since you didnt get the X first then you must not be on the stage and they take it.

If they lowered the respawns of X to = mobs around it then you wouldnt have this issue.

Those of you who say this is a 'game design' issue and not a 'people' issue are out of your minds.

"Why are people like this??"

ManiacalShen hit the nail on the head some pages back ...this behavior is 'sociopathic' ("a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience") and you can find it prevalent online - especially in online gaming - because there are no real and permanent consequences to keep these people in check.

LotRO solved this issue five or six years ago with a system that allowed multiple players to harvest the same quest node simultaneously. It was revolutionary back in beta and I have no idea why every other MMO ever since hasn't done the same thing. Edited by Flaminica

Those of you who say this is a 'game design' issue and not a 'people' issue are out of your minds.

"Why are people like this??"

ManiacalShen hit the nail on the head some pages back ...this behavior is 'sociopathic' ("a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience") and you can find it prevalent online - especially in online gaming - because there are no real and permanent consequences to keep these people in check.

So you're saying that just about everyone is naturally a sociopath and it's only the rules and laws of society that protect us from utter anarchy?

What a dim view of humanity. :(

Edited by DarthTHC

click the objective first then fight

stops tossers from stealing ya node

and yes people dont cear about u they dont no u and have their own time frame to play in has happend to me many times until i started clicking before attacking

As bad as the English is in this post, I must agree.

They should remodel these missions after the "click and fight style" they used when they reworked all of the farmable boss spawns a while back. With that style you have to click the objective first and then fight the boss that spawns. This makes it fair for all.

:cool:

LotRO solved this issue five or six years ago with a system that allowed multiple players to harvest the same quest node simultaneously. It was revolutionary back in beta and I have no idea why every other MMO ever since hasn't done the same thing.

THIS.

In spades. I think it should be mandatory that all management that is involved in approving game mechanic changes be required to play other MMO's (all of them), so they can see real innovative changes that make such a huge impact on a games playability.

The only real voice of reason on these forums. Stop giving yourselves so many headaches and just go to Guild Wars. It's way better than this piece of junk could ever HOPE to be even if everything was done right from the beginning.

I actually like the game. Not a huge fan of GW, or GW2, sorry. some of us really DO have a different opinion then you. I appreciate the info tho.

I have no doubt this has been raised many times, but its just happened to me... AGAIN!

Doing my dailies... quest object has elite standing next to it.

Engage elite, and someone else comes in and grabs objective.

Elite respawns before the object does - ***!!!

it so sad, that we still have people out there which have zero regard to their fellow players...

Well congratulations for being such a postive part of the world!!!

Yeah that's the most annoying thing ever in the game and I get angry when it happens. I tend to think that people doing it are of very young age, but then again, if you look more carefully, we live in a world of decay anyway... so...

Edited by Varnast

Have to say I play on a RP PVE server and no one has ever stollen a crate or a kill from me. People there tend to leave a crate if you happen to be in the same area as it and might be heading over.

DCUO has a similar point to LOTRO and it makes helping people very easy as you all get credit. If for example 4 mobs guard a crate if I attack one of those Mobs and someone else blows up the crate we all get credit. Works very well and no need to party up all the time,

Edited by Izorii

Have to say I play on a RP PVE server and no one has ever stollen a crate or a kill from me. People there tend to leave a crate if you happen to be in the same area as it and might be heading over.

DCUO has a similar point to LOTRO and it makes helping people very easy as you all get credit. If for example 4 mobs guard a crate if I attack one of those Mobs and someone else blows up the crate we all get credit. Works very well and no need to party up all the time,

In RP servers the average age is usually higher, that's why I mostly prefer RP servers. I was on Lord Calypho but it got locked and I transfered to Freedon Nadd. In wow I'm in Defias Brotherhood. RP-PVP and one of the best servers there.

You do know pretty much everything is clickable while in combat, heck you can even harvest in combat now... they made that change awhile back.... so next time click on what you need then kill the elite..

Problem solved..

Edited by Monoth

You do know pretty much everything is clickable while in combat, heck you can even harvest in combat now... they made that change awhile back.... so next time click on what you need then kill the elite..

Problem solved..

You could lose battles that way. Especially when the time needed to complete the task is long. But I do this lately cause there is no other way.

So you're saying that just about everyone is naturally a sociopath and it's only the rules and laws of society that protect us from utter anarchy?

What a dim view of humanity. :(

It's not that everyone is a closet sociopath, it's that the 10% who are sociopaths are able to dictate "normal behaviour" in a world (game, society, etc) where there are no repurcussions to being a sociopath.

There are no repurcussions at all for sociopathic behaviour in a solo game. This game is 90% solo game. Draw your own conclusions.

It's not that everyone is a closet sociopath, it's that the 10% who are sociopaths are able to dictate "normal behaviour" in a world (game, society, etc) where there are no repurcussions to being a sociopath.

There are no repurcussions at all for sociopathic behaviour in a solo game. This game is 90% solo game. Draw your own conclusions.

LOL, true! Think of all these guys who control the world and international economy. They have trillions on their bank accounts while million of humans are dying in famine. *********** sociopaths. But you know what? There are worse people than them. All the people of all countries who let these animals do their job.

Edited by Varnast

Don't get angry GET EVEN:cool:. the exact thing happen to me 2 days ago while on a mission. I was destroying generators or something and I was fighting a time consuming trash mob when some guy jumped right in and destroyed the Geny and then he did it a 2nd time and used the SMILE emote on me. That was it, I carefully followed him around and stole not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 Genies from him and did the smile emote every time. I pissed him off bad enough that he engaged me in PVP and I excepted the invitation. I mopped the floor with him.......twice. Then he exited the game.

DON'T GET ANGRY GET EVEN:D

I have no doubt this has been raised many times, but its just happened to me... AGAIN!

it so sad, that we still have people out there which have zero regard to their fellow players...

I'm a bit over it too. Now I try to get to the clickable object and click it before engaging the elite. It puts you at a disadvantage in the fight but prevents the cheats getting the prize.

This is a game/Bioware issue. They need to cut the spawn time of clickables in half. I made a thread about this 2 weeks ago. BH dailies are the worst

For the record, Im one of those players who steals clickables. I dont give a ****!

OR, they can make it so the objective is not unlockable until the mob is downed. By key or some other triggering device that triggers when the mob dies.

And or this one

They should remodel these missions after the "click and fight style" they used when they reworked all of the farmable boss spawns a while back. With that style you have to click the objective first and then fight the boss that spawns. This makes it fair for all.
Edited by xippo

OR, they can make it so the objective is not unlockable until the mob is downed. By key or some other triggering device that triggers when the mob dies.

And or this one

Yep. Or the boss should be somehow connected with the objective just like his loot, and be reserved for the attacker.

Edited by Varnast

Its not just this type of quest either. I was on tatooine fighting those assassin droids you have to get to half health. Some moron stole two of those from me since he spammed his quest item quicker. If a mob is tagged and you have to activate another item to complete some other moron shouldnt be able to steal it from you. :mad:

I would just drag the mob over to some unsuspecting victim and let him kill it for me.

I actually wouldn't do that, but one could.

and what would that do? You would still get your object because the mob was bound to you unless you wandered too far or waited too long.

This is a game/Bioware issue. They need to cut the spawn time of clickables in half. I made a thread about this 2 weeks ago. BH dailies are the worst

For the record, Im one of those players who steals clickables. I dont give a ****!

No, this is most definitively a "you" issue. Your impatience to wait for the next spawn, or unwillingness to ask to group so as to not have to fight over spawns has nothing to do with Bioware or the game.

I really despise this crap.

And to say "it's a BioWare issue" is a complete cop-out. It's a player issue. It has to do with rude, insensitive players who could care less about anyone else around them.

I was running Black Hole dailies the other day and I ran over to the Drall prison cells mission and ran in the usual side I head through. I noticed the mobs ahead of me were dead, and it tipped me off that a player had come along before me.

I run around the first corner, and I see this player there, engaging the 4 mobs that sit there in that area of the map. All of the 5 prison cells were available to me, and I could have easily just started opening them.

But I didn't.

I ran past the player, leaving the boss mob (that drops reliably drops greens and blues, and sometimes purples) and the rest of the cells and ran into the NEXT room, to find my own cells to open.

All you have to do is be considerate of those around you.

Hell I even had one guy come after me in BH, I was targeting those 4 mobs right around the other side of the rubble heap as you leave the Black Hole Republic bunker, and I had killed the 4 mobs there, and the blue stolen weapon container was there right next to me. I stopped for TEN SECONDS to type something to a guild member, and in that tome, some chucklehead runs past me, ninjas the container and moves on.

When I said, "Nice ninja, thank you for stealing that." his stupid reply was "You were just standing there..." which is a complete load of crap. i hadn't been there long enough for him not to see me fighitng those mobs. He ran up and ninja'ed the box and couldn't care less that I had just cleared the mobs out and was about to get it myself.

It's players like this that ruin this game, IMHO. And I wholeheartedly appreciate everyone who plays with a modicum of awareness of those around them, and the courtesy to go find your own goals.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.