Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Rate yourself and be honest, How do you play an MMO ??

Nippon

Premiership = Die hard Raider, Have to Min Max Everything 2 weeks after new gear is released, Finish new OPS Flash-points on farm asap, Top rated in PVP. All the Best stuff. Serious gaming, Organised Raid teams.

Championship = Casual but borderline Die Hard, Want good Gear and to compete in End Game but will wait longer to get it, still a frequent player, Like good gear. Min Max eventually. Serious but want fun as well, Love group content.

League 1 = Happy with Getting End Game done, Like End Game gear but will settle for second rate, Not to fussed about having the best stuff. But like Endgame, will take a back seat. Casual, fun, serious if I have to be.

League 2 = Not bothered by End Game, will do Top level content as long as its easy going. Not fussed about OPS or Gear. Will just solo everything if i can, if i need a group, not bothered.

League 3 = Happy to just chat in Guild chat, General Chat, Like RPing and taking it totally easy, happy to just mull through the game. No interest in End Game at all.

League 4 = Complete Soloist, No interest in groups, no interest in Raid or Group content, Like the Game but want to get everything on my own. Dont feel i should have to group with anybody.

Just wanna get some feelers for the type of gamer's that are left in the community, I am imagining most Premiership players are long gone by now...

Id rate myself as....

Championship.

Edited by Nippon

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Premiership = Die hard Raider, Have to Min Max Everything 2 weeks after new gear is released, Finish new OPS Flash-points on farm asap, Top rated in PVP. All the Best stuff. Serious gaming, Organised Raid teams.

Championship = Casual but borderline Die Hard, Want good Gear and to compete in End Game but will wait longer to get it, still a frequent player, Like good gear. Min Max eventually. Serious but want fun as well, Love group content.

League 1 = Happy with Getting End Game done, Like End Game gear but will settle for second rate, Not to fussed about having the best stuff. But like Endgame, will take a back seat. Casual, fun, serious if I have to be.

League 2 = Not bothered by End Game, will do Top level content as long as its easy going. Not fussed about OPS or Gear. Will just solo everything if i can, if i need a group, not bothered.

League 3 = Happy to just chat in Guild chat, General Chat, Like RPing and taking it totally easy, happy to just mull through the game. No interest in End Game at all.

Just wanna get some feelers for the type of gamer's that are left in the community, I am imagining most Premiership players are long gone by now...

Id rate myself as....

Championship.

I would like to introduce a new category, that I myself fall under:

Naked Championship = Casual but borderline Die Hard, Want good Gear and to compete in End Game but will wait longer to get it, still a frequent player, Like good gear. Min Max eventually. Serious but want fun as well, Love group content. Oh, and I play naked.

As a matter of fact, I am naked right now. :o

Naked Championship = Casual but borderline Die Hard, Want good Gear and to compete in End Game but will wait longer to get it, still a frequent player, Like good gear. Min Max eventually. Serious but want fun as well, Love group content. Oh, and I play naked.

LOL...

Your in the noob league :)

I dont fall into any of those, In a hardcore guild and im the guy they call when the toodles hit the fan. I go after all codex and off the side stuff and collect anything that can be collected. I will try and solo the stuff that people say cant be soloed and complete every quest. I would do OPS full time but my illness stops me, ive half way through the ops but its not something that really interests me anymore as i have been a raider since it was 40 mans and 8 hour runs.

I dont fall into any of those, In a hardcore guild and im the guy they call when the toodles hit the fan. I go after all codex and off the side stuff and collect anything that can be collected. I will try and solo the stuff that people say cant be soloed and complete every quest. I would do OPS full time but my illness stops me, ive half way through the ops but its not something that really interests me anymore as i have been a raider since it was 40 mans and 8 hour runs.

So your like....

UEFA Champions League..!!

Gotta like Football to get that i suppose...:p

League 4 = Complete Soloist, No interest in groups, no interest in Raid or Group content, Like the Game but want to get everything on my own. Dont feel i should have to group with anybody.

League 4. Easily.

Been subbed since December 13 & have never grouped with anyone.

I enjoy playing my MMOs as persistent online single-player games.

Id rate myself as....

Championship.

Championship/ League 1, I'd say is where I fit in.

Back to my wow days, it was Premiership...gone are the days of my hardcore raiding lol

Nice combo of Championship & League 4 here.

I know it sounds odd, but especially with PvP after getting fully optimized augmented WH it's just boring to do normal wz with a premade. Therefore I always play solo while pvp'ing.

Still like to do my pve when new stuff gets released, but can take a few weeks before I think about optimizing my new gear

Nice combo of Championship & League 4 here.

I know it sounds odd, but especially with PvP after getting fully optimized augmented WH it's just boring to do normal wz with a premade. Therefore I always play solo while pvp'ing.

Still like to do my pve when new stuff gets released, but can take a few weeks before I think about optimizing my new gear

Yeah i suppose I am a bit the same actually, most my time focuses around Championship, but I am partial to a bit of League 4 now and again.....Only issue i have with SWTOR is there really is no Worthwhile Solo stuff.....Yes there are challenges if you create them yourself, but thats not the point. In SWG i used to solo, Sher-Karr, DA and DF1....Only SWG players will know what I mean with that..

League 2 , but mainly solo, because I was looking for KOTOR 3 which Bioware still hasn't made, so they left all the single RPG players squat ....and as fun as SWTOR is , it is not KOTOR 3 it is a mmo in a KOTOR shell not very filling......nice try just not very immersive when it comes to your crew ,and exploration. The game is set up for 1 thing leveling that's it simple ...the storylines get real weak , and wander into same old mmo filler after level 20. The starter levels grab you, and pull you in then you hit the wall level 20...your skills are powerless , equipment has no effect you might as well be playing naked ,they make the combat harder just to try slow down your leveling speed....same old mmo gameplay that's why mmo's are failing . WOW has already done it , and milked the mmo leveling game play all the way to the bank ...others keep trying to do a repeat , not going to happen. You can't keep making a mmo for hardcore guild , group raiding players there is not enough of them to support a multimillion dollar game develope to recoup your money. There are more casual game players who group sometimes , but solo more often, because alot of players don't have the time required to play all nighters in raids to get epic equipment . They have families, jobs, and other interest. Years ago mmo 's were this big open world to explore with other people it was fun , now it is about who can get to the end game first to show off their epic rare equipment to noobies. That is why mmo's are changing the casual gamer just don't care about elite group end game content they will never see . I would like to see a mmo game developer make a guild , group only mmo , see how many players you get. There would be no solo rpg game play in it at all.....just straight group...guild game play only ....group verses group , guild on guild action only. This is what the developers said they would be doing with SWTOR force players to group after level 15 to get any of the great game content. Now the group players complain about SWTOR being made for solo gamiers yet the solo rpg game play sucks after level 20 in SWTOR . So what you are left with is a mmo game that fails in both camps a Star Wars mmo with a KOTOR shell , but fails for end game group , guild players at level 50 , and fails for solo rpg players looking for KOTOR 3 at level 20. Enjoy

Somewhere between Naked Championship (yes I often do play naked, it's hot in my stupid apartment) and League 1. I like to play hard and get good gear but hate it when people take the fun out of it and make it an even worse grind than it already is. At the same time I don't care about gear so much as maxing out my character's progression.

Id rate myself as....

Championship.

Depends on the game and the guild I get into. In WoW I was casual as hell. Only ever raided a few of the earlier dungeons. Here I just started doing EC HM. Never Premiership though so ..... between League 1 and Championship.

Mixture of 2,3 and 4.

I am happy to group if i'm in an area and I get an invite and I can see the other person is doing the same thing as me. Blind invites I never take. Too many times i've had absolute silence before the other person demands I power level them.

I like to be totally self sufficient. I love playing and grouping with friends, but I am just as happy making my own gear, doing my own questing, and trying to overcome, as a soloer, the hardest content available to me, be it solo or group stuff.

I like to see just how far I can push it because that is how I learn my class. I try to get as much out of what I can do solo without having to rely / being carried by other people.

If you have fluff for me to do, decent crafting that is not worthless, and content I find challenging, then I am a happy camper.

Somewhere between Naked Championship (yes I often do play naked, it's hot in my stupid apartment) and League 1. I like to play hard and get good gear but hate it when people take the fun out of it and make it an even worse grind than it already is. At the same time I don't care about gear so much as maxing out my character's progression.

Where are all these naked people coming from! :eek:

lol.

League 2 , but mainly solo, because I was looking for KOTOR 3 which Bioware still hasn't made, so they left all the single RPG players squat ....and as fun as SWTOR is , it is not KOTOR 3 it is a mmo in a KOTOR shell not very filling.....

/snip

Agree with what you are saying, they made an MMO for solo play upto level 50 then forced everyone into group content with no real continuation of the solo play......

Problem is there is a massive void between Solo and Group and nothing to do in the middle, Dailies are old, been done 100 times before, Instancing PVP was a terrible idea, And most people are sick of Having to group to obtain End Game gear... And not just in this MMO, Yes I hear the End Game Raiders, and no, noone wants to be given everything, but the choice should be there....

I play with friends, always have, always will, but sometimes RL gets in the way of that and in SWTOR if you have not got a Group you are not getting End Game gear. On release Companions could fill slots in OPS, but that was stopped.

They started the companion system which could / should have led to some form of content, instead they are nothing more than button clicks to the next mission...

So much potential, so much disappointment.

Edited by Nippon

you, sir, described me to a t

Somewhere between League 2 and 3. I prefer to solo for most things, but am happy to chat with others and join the occasional group. Super tough and involved stuff just isn't my thing though, I prefer more laid back activities (or maybe I'm just not suited to be a healer, lol).

I'd be closer to 2 or maybe even 1, except that I loathe most endgame gear and hate grinding dailies, so I find getting fancy new gear in Ops and HM's to be somewhat of a punishment. How motivated I am to get endgame gear correlates with how nice I think said gear looks. :p

None of the above.

Love winning ( or die trying) at PvP in any format available, Love doing HMs because they have the word Hard in them. Happy to do every FP/raid and happy to pass on all rolls contested by anyone in the group in every game I have ever played, regardless of their real need for the gear. I Have gear only because it is collected while doing pvp, HMs, FPs etc.

Totally disinterested in Gear as a motivator, play between 6-12 hours a day to pass the time. If I wanted/needed or was driven by gear, I would be in the game that is best designed to meet that addiction.

I think I am in the lawn bowls league.

Edited by Elkirin

League 4. Easily.

Been subbed since December 13 & have never grouped with anyone.

I enjoy playing my MMOs as persistent online single-player games.

Same here and, as in every MMO i play, with two accounts! I guess the following quote does describe it pretty well:

"You can always play an MMO like a single-player game, but you can't make a single-player game feel like an MMO."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.