PvP degeneration incoming.

kjkdollarbanny

Everybody knows that average player's pvp skill in this game is very low.

9 months after release you still see backpedallers, clickers, guys in pve gear, guys nvm objectives and etc.

What changes will come after f2p arrive?

Lets see... Few top pvp guilds gonna change their location to GW2, few gonna cancel subscription.

And what we will get instead? Many (not sure) new guys.

Most of them will lack even recruit set. And with limited wzs amount they will grind BM very slow.

So we will get bad guys with bad gear.

F2P gonna return pvp in release state.

What do you think?

I love that everyone on this forum thinks the day F2P launches 50 PvP is going to be jammed with new F2P guys. You know they still have to level right? Without full access to travel on planets this going to take longer for most people. And anyone serious enough to stay PvPing after getting worked over in the 50 bracket will either 1) sub or 2) pay for just unlimited PvP access. I'm going to assume that around the same time the level cap should also be going up around that time so by the time they are 50 all of us will have lvl 55 chars.

Everyone is assuming the worst possible outcome for this. Everyone is also forgetting that subbed players have priority in the queue so you will probably end up with mostly other subbed players. It's also worth it to point out GW2 requires no subscription. Everyone thinks PvP is going to be amazing there because there is no gear grind. But believe it or not law of averages tells us a lot of the players there will be bad as well. And there will be class balance issues at the start. I watche done PvP video for that game and all that happned to guy filming is the person he was fightin did what looked like force push (no idea what's really called but it looked exactly the same, with the same outcome). The guy got hit with this like 6 or 7 times in a row until he died. No resolve system so the other guy just kept spamming it. Sounds great.

Everyone here needs to chill out and just wait and see what is going to happen. From the info we have received from BW there is nothing that indicates anything but fluff items in the shop. It seems like the thing people are going to be buying most is access to more content for the F2pers. Worst case is what you're describing, but the best case is people get interested in the game and either sub or pay for the content they want. I'm hoping for the best.

Everybody knows that average player's pvp skill in this game is very low.

9 months after release you still see backpedallers, clickers, guys in pve gear, guys nvm objectives and etc.

What changes will come after f2p arrive?

Lets see... Few top pvp guilds gonna change their location to GW2, few gonna cancel subscription.

And what we will get instead? Many (not sure) new guys.

Most of them will lack even recruit set. And with limited wzs amount they will grind BM very slow.

So we will get bad guys with bad gear.

F2P gonna return pvp in release state.

What do you think?

Guess what happens when the "top" of something leaves?

a new "top" arises. Get over it. People will always play the way they want, not the way you want them to. So we go f2p and we have "noobs" come in, oh well.. It happens in every game reguardless of being f2p or not. New players join games at all times. I've joined games 3 or 4 years past launch date, didnt make me an idiot player that didnt take the time to read up on some tips and tricks or stop me from being a quick learner.

ps. you would be suprised how many people you could trick into chasing you to their death by backpeddling around a corner. :) Backpeddling isnt always done by bad kids, sometimes its used to entice over confident players into bad situations.

Guess what happens when the "top" of something leaves?

a new "top" arises. Get over it. People will always play the way they want, not the way you want them to. So we go f2p and we have "noobs" come in, oh well.. It happens in every game reguardless of being f2p or not. New players join games at all times. I've joined games 3 or 4 years past launch date, didnt make me an idiot player that didnt take the time to read up on some tips and tricks or stop me from being a quick learner.

ps. you would be suprised how many people you could trick into chasing you to their death by backpeddling around a corner. :) Backpeddling isnt always done by bad kids, sometimes its used to entice over confident players into bad situations.

Amen.

This. I call it the "mama bird" strategy. On my tank I'll often get 2-3 people to tunnel vision me by backpeddling then fleeing... meanwhile our ball carrier scores, or our stealth caps... it's awesome. No medals tho. *sadface*