Diversity required

Deamonition

Hi everyone,

Simple post that might help diversity on the servers. You might have all noted that almost everyone went jedi. For example, On my server, we were 140 on Thyton, while only about 90 on Mantrell (not sure about spelling). Moreover, out of those 90 ppl, at least 65% (approximate number based on nothing but my observation) were troopers. So, in game, you see very few smugglers and I think you don't see a lot of agents on the imperial side.

I was thinking that perhaps ppl that haven't played yet could be interested in knowing that and that it could affect their selections.

Why? Players are playing what they want to first, there is no need to play X class just because nobody else is. You could be observing with a bias as well.

Once players start their second or third character, they might pick the rarer.

Maybe you don't, but some do. My friends decided to pick another class after seeing by themselves the same things that I talked about.

Not to mention fully half the classes in the game are forces users (this was a conscious decision from BW because they knew people mostly want to play force users).

By lumping them all together you are misrepresenting the issue since like I said half the classes are force users that means all things in balance fully half the players in the world should be force using classes.

Not to mention fully half the classes in the game are forces users (this was a conscious decision from BW because they knew people mostly want to play force users).

By lumping them all together you are misrepresenting the issue since like I said half the classes are force users that means all things in balance fully half the players in the world should be force using classes.

Well, I don't know if I understand you, but if half the players are force users, this would mean the other half isn't, which means it is balanced.

Oh sorry, you said classes not players. But what you said still means the classes are balanced (half use force, half doesn't).

But players are currently mostly using force classes. I just wanted to mention it.

You can't choose people's classes for them. I personally think BioWare have made the classes well enough that there are some interesting choices to be made when selecting a class. That said, force users were always going to be most popular, but I think that it will level out a bit further down the line as people get their Jedi/Sith ambitions out of the way early on.

Once people realize how amazingly UBER FUN troopers are, barely anyone will be playing jedi on Republican side :o

I wanted to play a trooper really badly when I started this game, but after reaching lvl 10 I was actually loosing interest in the game, I did not enjoy the story line, nor the environment of their starting area, so I tried last resort and went Consular, which completely changed my view on the game, now I Actually love it.

I think there is more fun on the Jedi side because it has been better looked after by designers.

I think there is more fun on the Jedi side because it has been better looked after by designers.

I agree as far as the Sith class starting area is concerned, beginning the game in a glorified quarry, modeled on the Valley of The Kings in Egypt, wasn't exactly the stunning introduction to the game that I was expecting.

Oh sorry, you said classes not players. But what you said still means the classes are balanced (half use force, half doesn't).

But players are currently mostly using force classes. I just wanted to mention it.

People are choosing to roll force users in a Star Wars game? Inconceivable!

Once people figure out that the non-force using classes are more fun than the force using classes it will balance out.

Edited by VicSkimmr

I wanted to play a trooper really badly when I started this game, but after reaching lvl 10 I was actually loosing interest in the game, I did not enjoy the story line, nor the environment of their starting area, so I tried last resort and went Consular, which completely changed my view on the game, now I Actually love it.

While I never played trooper, I find Ord Mantell boring too, maybe if you'd just got past the starter world.

I did play Consular up to Legacy Name during beta, found it very hard due to perferring to play the warrior role. I thought the story line was poor, though did enjoy it more towards the end. Qyzen is annoying and I wanted to eject the second companion off my ship.

Also as Consular I think I had one Flirt line up to level 30, where as Jedi Warrior is like Kirk getting it anywhere, with anyone :p

It works as intended. Bioware indicated that they developed the game knowing that the force user classes will be more popular.*

Secondly, I don't condone conditioning your class selection by how many people is already playing it. That's the most senseless reasoning I have witnessed on these forums.

I am playing Smuggler Scoundrel and will at some point level a Consular Shadow too. Both classes are great fun to play. Please don't encourage people to play a smuggler as I am loving playing a class that is one of the lowest played ;)

Random side note.. Am I the only one who thinks the smilies used on this forum look terrible and really really dated?

Qyzen is annoying and I wanted to eject the second companion off my ship.

This x 10

It puzzles me how much I hate companions in this game, considering in games like ME I adore even the most annoying ones (Except Jacob, I need my alarm set before I press the line to the next conversation).

Also as Consular I think I had one Flirt line up to level 30, where as Jedi Warrior is like Kirk getting it anywhere, with anyone :p

I found really weird that you could flirt, I do not know much about Jedi, but it really feels out of character so I try to avoid it.

It works as intended. Bioware indicated that they developed the game knowing that the force user classes will be more popular.*

Secondly, I don't condone conditioning your class selection by how many people is already playing it. That's the most senseless reasoning I have witnessed on these forums.

suppose you hesitate between two classes. Population ratio might something that'll make you decide. It makes sense... Please open your mind so I don't have to explain everything.

suppose you hesitate between two classes. Population ratio might something that'll make you decide. It makes sense... Please open your mind so I don't have to explain everything.