SWTOR move to free-to-play could attract up to 50 million players

cupe

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see a Free-to-Play game witt the Star Wars IP bringing Millions of players but 50 Million? :eek:

Sounds kinda crazy!!!

Yes... -A- game with the SW IP... but not THIS game.

THIS game needs features and content before it can do numbers anywhere near a fraction of that. F2P doesn't fix that problem. It only turns the game into sims-with-lightsabers. And dancing Ewok vanity pets.

B.S, F2P is way to restrictive, if I'm not mistaken you are limited to one human char with limited content.

Sorry, but the game is already boring.

WoW raid mechanics where more enjoyable, Swtor really has nothing unique, its a copy of WoW in starwars now.

B.S, F2P is way to restrictive, if I'm not mistaken you are limited to one human char with limited content.

WoW raid mechanics where more enjoyable, Swtor really has nothing unique, its a copy of WoW in starwars now.

Actually there are a couple raid mechanics in SWTOR that are evolutionary (not revolutionary) and nothing like I ever saw in all my years playing WoW. Pretty cool, different challenges, that sort of thing.

The problem isn't the raid mechanics; it's that there are too few raids and the ones that are there are buggy enough to guarantee a wipe if they bug.

I've been a Star Wars fan since 1983, and always will be, but Star Wars is niche, and so are MMO's... we will level off at 300k subs, and people will ***** and moan about us, in 8 years they'll pull the plug.

50 million?? trolololololololol

Where does it say you be limited to only one human character? I have read all the faqs as far as I know never seen where it says you will be limited to only one character and that it must be human.

I read the article and just kept scratching my head. You couldn't keep 1.7 million people with a subscripion based game but by going free to play 10 million a month will magically deciede to subscribe. i just got home from work andmaybe i'm tired, but am i missing something here. Like "making any sense at all "

Sure, 50 million accounts, 47 million of those created by credit-farmers.

2.9 million f2p player accounts

and 100k subbed accounts, which we will refer to as the Fanbois, they wouldent care if swtor stopped adding content, theyd still play.

the big question is what happens with the game or this is method is failed? (they are putting the servers down).

I can tell you this is the last game what i have buyed from this 2 company's.

Do you really think that it attracts up to 50M players i think it is going failed hard it is not about the monthly fees that the playerbase is dropping it is the support for the game from Bio and EA. (new contents, fix bugs, end game content and more) or they want to make this game a succes they must listen more to the people what they want.

Yes... -A- game with the SW IP... but not THIS game.

THIS game needs features and content before it can do numbers anywhere near a fraction of that. F2P doesn't fix that problem. It only turns the game into sims-with-lightsabers. And dancing Ewok vanity pets.

True!

50m F2P players ...

Wow! That'll really increase the bottom line.

:rolleyes:

He doesn't say 50 million F2P, he says 10 million monthly active subscribers with upside to near 50 million.

Which just makes it even funnier

50m F2P players ...

Wow! That'll really increase the bottom line.

:rolleyes:

If those f2p people at 50 million spend average of $1 a month thats huge. I dont think you understand how the whole "free" to play thing works. It is far from free.