Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Paying customer incentive...

ifizzle

seriously...even if the content is restricted, if i pay to play, i should have a significant advantage over someone playing for free...its not feasible.. the incentives they are offering paying customers is not enough at all..

seriously...even if the content is restricted, if i pay to play, i should have a significant advantage over someone playing for free...its not feasible.. the incentives they are offering paying customers is not enough at all..

Says the guy who clearly has absolute information regarding the future of the game that even Bioware does not yet know.

The fact that they can't obtain gear as fast because they are limited in the amount of WZ they can do is an advantage. Why would you want an advantage anyway? Do you feel better about yourself because you can beat players with inferior gear?

lol pfffft, what do you care. Apparently you don't wanna be able to advance past lvl 49 as per your other post.

lol pfffft, what do you care. Apparently you don't wanna be able to advance past lvl 49 as per your other post.

I LOL'd....

But seriously OP... did you even read the details? They're going to be so limited that subscribers will have a huge advantage. Can you imagine trying to grind WH gear if you're limited to say 10 or 20 WZ's a week?

Explain to me; why would you want a serious advantage over anybody?

I for one want more balanced teams in warzones. I'd continue to pay a subscription fee to this game out of interest, not because I want to be better than anyone else. If SWTOR becomes pay to win I'll burn my collector's edition box.

Edited by Majspuffen

Explain to me; why would you want a serious advantage over anybody?

I for one want more balanced teams in warzones. I'd continue to pay a subscription fee to this game out of interest, not because I want to be better than anyone else. If SWTOR becomes pay to win I'll burn my collector's edition box.

WHY=He can't beat people equally geared to him. As referenced in his other post that he wants the XP gain disabled at will at lvl 49 so he can fully augment and Twink out his character to roll lvl 10's in leveling greens in the 10-49 bracket.

You kind already are with unlimited access to warzones and operations.

Seriously... the F2P'ers will pay up or get out.

How long would you still play the game or even bother having it installed if you could only do 10-20 WZ"s a week? I'm assuming it'll be right around there but seriously... I play that many in one night.

We will have a huge advantage over teh F2P'ers which is why it'll in turn create more subs. They'll pay or leave with the exception of the KOTOR fans who enjoy the story line and simple PvE content.

Seriously... the F2P'ers will pay up or get out.

How long would you still play the game or even bother having it installed if you could only do 10-20 WZ"s a week? I'm assuming it'll be right around there but seriously... I play that many in one night.

We will have a huge advantage over teh F2P'ers which is why it'll in turn create more subs. They'll pay or leave with the exception of the KOTOR fans who enjoy the story line and simple PvE content.

Well the PvE Content is also limited since they can't do Operations.

You kind already are with unlimited access to warzones and operations.

That's something that shouldn't be limited in the first place though. I mean, it's just the way it is already. Enabling the ability for non-subscribers to have limited warzone access doesn't make people who are already paying to play have an advantage that they're paying for. I see your point, but it doesn't correlate to the one I was making d:

The fact that they can't obtain gear as fast because they are limited in the amount of WZ they can do is an advantage. Why would you want an advantage anyway? Do you feel better about yourself because you can beat players with inferior gear?
Not to be like that but 95 % of the players would probably embrace that advantage.

Well the PvE Content is also limited since they can't do Operations.

I'm talking main story line... the 1-50 PvE content not including FP's and Ops. Even most PvE'ers will pay up or get out as well I'm assuming. From what I see it's actually a pretty smart way to attract new subs. I can't see many people enjoying the F2P set up for more than a month or MAYBE 2. It would get boring quick.

I think the biggest mistake they made was calling it "Free to play"... give existing players the wrong impression of what it is... everyone automatically assumes it's being taken over by Nexon. :rolleyes:

I'm talking main story line... the 1-50 PvE content not including FP's and Ops. Even most PvE'ers will pay up or get out as well I'm assuming. From what I see it's actually a pretty smart way to attract new subs. I can't see many people enjoying the F2P set up for more than a month or MAYBE 2. It would get boring quick.

I think the biggest mistake they made was calling it "Free to play"... give existing players the wrong impression of what it is... everyone automatically assumes it's being taken over by Nexon. :rolleyes:

Yep, because most people didn't read beyond the title. Honestly, they should have seem that coming, lol.

Highlighted for TRUTH.

its not that i cant beat anyone...its the grind for gear at 50...and the expertise in armor..i think the game should be more skill based..and i never said i have a level 49...i said "diable xp option"

Yep, because most people didn't read beyond the title. Honestly, they should have seem that coming, lol.

The sad thing is the title of their marketing strategy alone will probably lose them half of the amount of the subs they gain. You can see it all over the forums. People are freaking out and cancelling subs before it even happens.

The sad thing is the title of their marketing strategy alone will probably lose them half of the amount of the subs they gain. You can see it all over the forums. People are freaking out and cancelling subs before it even happens.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of players don't visit the forums o.O

A lot of people are just very dramatic, as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.