Digital Deluxe get item now... Give it to CE to then.

AdamChattaway

Yes because dynamic can ONLY be used for THAT definition only!

Edit: And even still they give no timeline of what regular is as far as updating the store. And still has nothing to do with the fact that someone who bought the CE feels they are entitled to everything that everyone else gets.

Pretty simple really. Forget all the back and forth banter between CE and DDE.....

Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

The store has NEVER had an update. Game is 8 months old and has had several major patch releases. Any reaonable person would agree that they have failed on this promise. Game, set, match.

If the batch of coins is a good faith gesture on the part of Bioware to address this, I'm fine with that since they have already said there will be orange armor, and other unique items for sale for coins.

As for who does or does not get a virtual item as a gesture on the part of Bioware.... I don't care. I don't care about the banner that CEs get, and I could care less about what they decide to give in the way of virtual items to DDE owners.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is it stated? On the box? Is it on the web page where they advertise it? I work for the federal government and let me give you a little clue. if it isn't in a written contract and until it happens, it doesn't exist. But even still I see no where where I quoted and gave my reference directly to TOR"S website that I stated anything other then that facts there. SO before you go on about me being a moron you need too remove your head from your fifth point of contact and learn to read. Now get the hell outta here with the kinda crap my 6yr old pulls. That's just stupid and ignorant.

And YES you did! Or was I imagining things when you said THIS: just the post above mine you quoted?

We are all imagining things, you certainly didn't saying anything about regularly updated store content. Nothign to see here folks move along.

its been quoted and linked 10 times in this thread, go back and look... child.

You keep throwing the word "entitled" around as if it were a negative thing and I am unsure why. We ARE entitled to get updates to the vendor. They entitled us to when they stated we would get them. You seem to think that every person talking in this thread that disagrees with you thinks CE owners feel that they deserve to get every item in the game for free. No one is arguing that at all... whatever the start if this thread is about, the current argument is simply that CE owners were not provided with what we were told we would get.

You argued that someone didn't bother to read what you posted... but YOU arent bothering to read what WE are posting. I have linked multiple times where Bioware started that the CE vendor would have regular updates, but you seem to have selective reading in regards to this.

At this point it looks more like you are trolling just to start arguments. If not please take a moment to read what has actually been said instead of just blindly arguing for just that purpose.

No, I'm not arguing just for arguments sake. I see people here that paid money, for a specific set of items, got them and then try to make the argument that they deserve everything that everyone else in the game is given because they paid money for a specific product and got just that. Entitlement mentality, yes it is a bad thing. And without going into to much of that topic, is much of the problem right now.

Also I acknowledged it now twice, even if they said it would receive updates, that by the strictest definition of the word dynamic as several people tried to press so hard the store has had content added and by that strictest definition IS just that. SO now I have addressed it AGAIN. So please read.

Pretty simple really. Forget all the back and forth banter between CE and DDE.....

The store has NEVER had an update. Game is 8 months old and has had several major patch releases. Any reaonable person would agree that they have failed on this promise. Game, set, match.

If the batch of coins is a good faith gesture on the part of Bioware to address this, I'm fine with that since they have already said there will be orange armor, and other unique items for sale for coins.

As for who does or does not get a virtual item as a gesture on the part of Bioware.... I don't care. I don't care about the banner that CEs get, and I could care less about what they decide to give in the way of virtual items to DDE owners.

Wait wait, several people have made it very clear that content was added tot he store, so now it hasn't? People need to get their stories straight. Which is it?

Collector’s Edition Store. At launch the Collector’s Edition Store will be available to those who have the Collector’s Edition of The Old Republic, and will feature items found nowhere else in the game! The Collector’s Edition will be stocked with exclusive social items for yourself, and unique appearances for your companion. The store will also have regular updates to give players incentive to keep coming back.

Yeah it's hard to argue with that, unless "regular" means once a year or something, in fairness adding something to the CE store every 6-9 months wouldn't break the game, even if it was new social gear that the CE store got 3-6 months earlier than other vendors or something.

Wait wait, several people have made it very clear that content was added tot he store, so now it hasn't? People need to get their stories straight. Which is it?

I don't think anything has been added to the store has it? Or was the speeder that was discontiuned in the CE store not the VIP vendor? (although that's taking away)

edit- pretty sure this from 15th Dec 2011 shows all that was in it then is all that is still in it now.

Edited by Goretzu

I don't think anything has been added to the store has it? Or was the speeder that was discontiuned in the CE store not the VIP vendor? (although that's taking away)

edit- pretty sure this from 15th Dec 2011 shows all that was in it then is all that is still in it now.

I'm pretty well certain people in this thread were griping over the paltry content added to the store so far.

This post illustrates a lot of what's wrong with this game's community.

You think its wrong that when someone pays £130 for a game and another person pays £60, the person who pays more that double gets the same as the other person? You should work on your perspicacity good sir! People like you is what's wrong with the game's community.

You think its wrong that when someone pays £130 for a game and another person pays £60, the person who pays more that double gets the same as the other person? You should work on your perspicacity good sir! People like you is what's wrong with the game's community.

The point is that the people who paid for the CE got everything that they paid for, and they are expecting to get everything that Bioware decides to give any other group in the game also. THAT kind of entitlement mentality IS what is wrong with not just this game but the world.

Oh and you still haven't had the intestinal fortitude to actually tell me what a bellerj is, which is just more fuel to the fire that you are the little kid you act like and are being called as such.

Gentlemen, name calling is only going to lead to this thread being locked and you getting warnings.

As for the topic, it's common sense that when you buy the most expensive version of a product, you are paying for everything the other versions have, plus more. It's simply illogical to say any different.

It's like saying that anyone who bought the cheapest, basic version should get a gift, and the people that bought any other version should get nothing. It makes no sense. Nothing to do with self entitlement, nothing to do with being greedy, or jealousy.

Personally, I think no one should get anything due to going ftp,but the ce vendor should stay, and be updated with exclusive items every 3 months.

Just put the troll on ignore list people. Don't fall into his lair Adam., that's how kids now a days trick you.

It's pretty clear who has the superior debating skills here, I wouldn't call either of them a troll.. you on the other hand..

That said, this whole thread is better off dead.

It's pretty clear who has the superior debating skills here, I wouldn't call either of them a troll.. you on the other hand..

That said, this whole thread is better off dead.

He is just using big words and grammar to look superior, his whole argument is invalid and pathetic. insulting and disrespecting at the same time, using kid and retard as a way to attack, not realizing that this just makes himself look stupid. i feel sorry for his kids lol is he is really an old adult with that mentality.

How long are we gonna keep recycling this?

-Yes us CE are entitled jerks who were promised updates to the store.

-No, nowhere did it say you'll get updates, you got what you payed for.

-Shut up, here's the news article [link follows]

-Yeah look up the meaning of regular: [a wall of text explaining what regular means]

-How many times do I have to show you this. Here I even higlited it for you.

-No here's from the Buy page when you hover the question mark. [description that mentions dynamic content]

According to Merriam Webster the meaning of dynamic is: [10 meanings of dynamic]. Check out number 5.

-Oh ffs they promised us regular updates, HERE'S THE LINK!!! Did you even go there!?!

Etc. Etc. Did I miss anything?

How long are we gonna keep recycling this?

-Yes us CE are entitled jerks who were promised updates to the store.

-No, nowhere did it say you'll get updates, you got what you payed for.

-Shut up, here's the news article [link follows]

-Yeah look up the meaning of regular: [a wall of text explaining what regular means]

-How many times do I have to show you this. Here I even higlited it for you.

-No here's from the Buy page when you hover the question mark. [description that mentions dynamic content]

According to Merriam Webster the meaning of dynamic is: [10 meanings of dynamic]. Check out number 5.

-Oh ffs they promised us regular updates, HERE'S THE LINK!!! Did you even go there!?!

Etc. Etc. Did I miss anything?

Yes, where when one argument doesn't work for him he switches to a completely different subject again even though its already been covered.

Edited by xippo

It boils down to this the people that have paid for a CE edition should be getting more than the 1000 cartel coins and should have regular items added to the CE store which is now basically worthless as it ever was before.

What really happened is the game launched, leadership changed, direction of game changed and stuff of old was just pushed to the side and forgotten about. Simple as that.

It boils down to this the people that have paid for a CE edition should be getting more than the 1000 cartel coins and should have regular items added to the CE store which is now basically worthless as it ever was before.

What really happened is the game launched, leadership changed, direction of game changed and stuff of old was just pushed to the side and forgotten about. Simple as that.

They are getting more than 1000 cartel coins. This kids fallacy ridden argument however is that CE should also get what everyone else gets because he paid more, even though he already got the products he paid extra for. Or at least till you make him look like a fool then he changes his argument to, well the CE store hasn't gotten much so we deserve what everyone else gets because we paid more. His strawman arguments are piss poor and when called out for acting like a scorned child that didn't get what he wanted he decides to call you a liar. Even when he hasn't got the slightest clue who or what anyone else is.

He is the exact definition of of an someone who thinks they are entitled to what everyone else has. The funny part is he even tried throwing in class warfare on top of his entitlement tantrum. That part was especially entertaining to me by the way.