I see you're ditching lore already, BioWare.

SithVeritas

Nihilus' mask is "ditching lore?" If so, they've done it before now:

Jolee Bindo's lightsaber

Exar Kun's lightsaber

Lucien Draay's lightsaber

Darth Sion's lightsaber

Bastila Shan's lightsaber

Ajunta Pall's warblade

Two-Fingers' Revenge pistol

Okarr's holdout blaster pistol

Hylo Vizs' blaster

Cassus Fett's blaster

Need I go on? These are "vanity items" for single characters. You have to think in these terms: yes, there are millions of players with the same items, but according to canon, there's only one of each. Two Jedi, one trooper, one smuggler, two Sith, one Agent, and one bounty hunter. Therefore, even if it is canon for these characters to get any of the following items, only one such character will canonically get the item. For example, let's say the Inquisitor gets Nihilus' mask, the BH gets Cassus' pistol, ect. Not saying they do get those items, we're just supposing. So, your argument is invalid, op. They are not ditching lore - gameplay just allows more than one character to have the items that only one character canonically has.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one complained about everyone wearing Malgus's rebreather or Ven Zallow's Jedi Battlelord robes.

Or for that matter how many masters T7-01 has. Or where T7-01 is at any given point in time. I mean, maybe Ven Zallow found the HK factory and retooled it to crank out about a million T7-01's.

And he's a droid, so I guess that's Lore-able. What about the human companions. Clones? Did the Darkstaff manifest itself during the Great Galactic War and we have a bunch of time-shadow'ed temporal clones of people running amok?

How many Jedi Knights has Kira married. Girl gets around, ya' know? I guess when you're not supposed to marry to begin with, what's a little polygamy.

Beware of trying to be too much of a stickler when it comes to the Lore in practice within a role-playing game where everyone's the savior.

Hell, I've gotten Qel-Droma's lightsaber multiple times from HM's. And I see other people with them too. Just how many friggin' lightsabers did Ulic have? The man didn't even have a full Jedi career to begin with, switching to a simple blade the last ten years of his life. It's like before that, he did nothing but produce lightsabers.

Edited by Genghistwelve

Admittedly I'm only two months into TOR, however I've never ever come across a community where so many whinge about every little thing.

Not really directed at the OP but just the community as a whole.

There are actually serious problems going on in the RW. It's a game ... and what did anyone expect anyway from EA ? They've got a terrible reputation with all gamers for a reason

Nihilus masks for everyone huh? Oh well, atleast there's $$$ to gain.

BioWare obviously doesn't care about us, they care about the quantity of players in general and how much money we generate for them.

Yes, but what they don't tell you is that one of those millions of masks contains the power to consume worlds, much like the previous owner did....

Admittedly I'm only two months into TOR, however I've never ever come across a community where so many whinge about every little thing.

Not really directed at the OP but just the community as a whole.

There are actually serious problems going on in the RW. It's a game ... and what did anyone expect anyway from EA ? They've got a terrible reputation with all gamers for a reason

You've got to be kidding right? I've been playing MMOs for a long time now and EVERY SINGLE one has had whiny players and lots of them. And the complaints are always the same (I won't bother listing them here as I could go on for ten pages).

Specifically with lore, Star Wars is a unique beast though because fans have 35 years of movies, comics, and books to draw lore from.

that being said, I think (like others do) that the OP is simply nit picking and possibly/probably trolling.

That's different.

Nihilus was sacred, they violated him. lol

Maybe payback for violating that one colony.... :p

But yeah even though I think the item is cool...it should be a very, very rare drop for endgame content.

Edited by Eillack

To me it's just a replica. no real power and was just made to fool and trick people into thinking you found the real mask until everyone stops and thinks that you just brought it off of Space Amazon and SpaceBay like everyone else that's running around with it.

Actually, you have no proof your or my character's are completely canon, since no canon has been established yet.

Sure we do. SW Canon rules say that item or personal custumization doesn't factor into Canon. Story does , but only to a certain extent. Examples of that would be in KoToR Revan was male/lightside , but you could run it as a female/darkside or KoToR 2 the exile was female/lightside but you could roll it as a male/darkside.

Here we will have Heroes of (insert battle/planet/squad here) but it will be only one. While you play that part , the story remains but how/who/species and so on will change for lore.

The lore has already been set acording to LC and LA/LL and item/personal customization has nothing to do with it.

Sure we do. SW Canon rules say that item or personal custumization doesn't factor into Canon. Story does , but only to a certain extent. Examples of that would be in KoToR Revan was male/lightside , but you could run it as a female/darkside or KoToR 2 the exile was female/lightside but you could roll it as a male/darkside.

Here we will have Heroes of (insert battle/planet/squad here) but it will be only one. While you play that part , the story remains but how/who/species and so on will change for lore.

The lore has already been set acording to LC and LA/LL and item/personal customization has nothing to do with it.

^What this guy said, the canon is specific to you, so even though there are hundreds of characters running around, lore wise, theres only the one of each class. So for example, when the character runs a flashpoint, if it was a full group, canonicly, it would be, 1 jedi Consular, 1 Jedi Knight, 1 trooper, and 1 smuggler, race, gender, and advanced classes are the debatable things, and i don't see BW saying one is canon over all the others, so as not to alienate all the people who already rolled characters that are in their head "Canon".

So you're just pissed that they're giving fans of an awesome (kinda ******e-y) character a chance to wear a piece of his iconic look?

Precisely, it's just a look. I can imagine its not the original one all I want. If its wearable by everyone then BW is finally adding decentlooking gear to my inquisitor, kinda. Id also like Nihilus's simple billowing black robe.

How are you gonna feel when there will be 300 players on the fleet with Nihilus mask on day of F2P release , not good right? Same here :/

I will feel exactly the same as before. I don't notice what people wear right now, I won't then. I will also not buy this mask. Why should I? It is ugly. :t_confused:

Nihilus masks for everyone huh? Oh well, atleast there's $$$ to gain.

BioWare obviously doesn't care about us, they care about the quantity of players in general and how much money we generate for them.

At least we can hide the ugliness of some of our helmets, can't we?

Nihilus' mask is "ditching lore?" If so, they've done it before now:

Jolee Bindo's lightsaber

Exar Kun's lightsaber

Lucien Draay's lightsaber

Darth Sion's lightsaber

Bastila Shan's lightsaber

Ajunta Pall's warblade

Two-Fingers' Revenge pistol

Okarr's holdout blaster pistol

Hylo Vizs' blaster

Cassus Fett's blaster

u can get Bastila Shan and jolies sabers? where, how?