The solution to the Quitter epidemic

richardya

So your idea OP, is to punish people in a failing PvP game, one that's is in a continual decline?

Brilliant! ;)

Incorporating additional punishments, especially in PvP where you have no choice who you end up playing with most of the time is a GUARANTEED way to make up my mind whether I re-sub or not. ;)

1) You think making the quitters play with other quitters is a punishment?

2) You think it is such a severe punishment that it will ruin the game so much that they will stop subscribing?

3) Yet you are in favor of allowing people to quit on normal non-quitters in regular WarZones?

I think there is a flaw in your position on this matter. Maybe, and I am going out on a limb here, in the system we have now quitting ruins WZ's for normal people. In fact, this is why quitters always say the entire team (lol) is bads. It can't be one guy who didn't call inc, it is the whole team is bad (lol) otherwise they would see they are being selfish.

Not to mention the poor shlub who gets stuck taking their spot who they don't give two shoots about.

Edited by richardya

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your idea OP it has a lot of merit.

1) Anyone saying it's a punishment agrees with your viewpoint (quitters aren't fun to get into warzones with, they WILL loose you the game as soon as it turns sour)

2) If people gets put into the "quitter queue" all they need to do to get out of it is.... NOT quit for a while.... That's not unfair, that's not holding anyone's progression back...

3) If you keep quitting warzones to get a team you feel is good enough for your mad skillz, nothing changes for you. You will keep quitting loosing warzones, and keep getting queued with other likeminded people... How is that a punishment?? (unless of course you agree with the OP and find quitters to be a nuissance and a problem in warzones)

TBH I would love to see this implemented.. Alot of people would get a rude awakening, when they stop seeing good premades in their warzones due to being in the quitter queue while the premades worth their salt will be queueing in the normal queue.

If people want to quit, let them

The alternative is a full WZ full of dancing players who don't want to be there.

With luck the quitters get replaced by decent players anyway. I usually make a mental note of early quitters (after a ealy cap etc) and whisp them after the match if we end up winning. Happens all the time.

Let the childish win or no play people leave. They're not wanted anyway.

You left out:

Because he disconnected.

Because he got stuck / bugged in some way.

aka: my personal top 2 reasons.

i have sent a ticket to bioware as i get booted from the server every so often despite my net being fine thougth it happens randomly it does seem to happen most in pvp which is really anoying as its done it twice when i had 6 badges and we were winning. :(

Quote: Originally Posted by Fdzzaigl

You left out:

Because he disconnected.

Because he got stuck / bugged in some way.

aka: my personal top 2 reasons.

Yeah, I had to quit a match one time when I frooze up due to the memory leak bug

Quit one time cause one of my team mates was exploiting and bragging about it (sorry I dont cheat and dont support cheaters)

But I do quit 90% of the time Huttaball pops up and the match hasnt started. I make no appologiues for that either. Win/lose/draw, I DO NOT enjoy Huttaball and have requested till I was blue in face the ability to select the Warzones I wish to partake in.

So until they allow me to deselect Huttaball from my WarZone queue, ill keep dropping from it when matchs are not already in progress.

I see no reason to spend 15 minutes in a activity I do not enjoy.

As for the rest. I try my hardest not to quit a match, even if we getting creamed. But will anyways if we have that loud mouth yammering on about how the team sucks and no one listening to him/her. That or when your team has no interest being a team and helping each other.

If I wanted private 1 on 1 battles Id go duel someone.

How about giving me title for never quitting on my wz team-mates ....ever. And yes, I have a wife too. I'd proudly wear my Eye Of The Tiger title next to my name in warzones.

And of course, the quitters would be forced to wear their titles in warzones as well. Maybe earn a QQ-Baby title after 10 bails, Dbag after 100 bails, My Mom Hates Me after 1000 bails..well, you get the idea.

I dunno...just thinking.

This thread should be nominated. I always end up trying to solo-cap both node while my team gets their butts warmed on our node. Then when I'm like "Want to help?", they respond: "LOL cry more lawl". I still don't quit. Can we have a medal for that? I'd count that just as bad as quitting, but might be off topic.

Also the second the cap middle node they either do that ^ or quit.

So I guess you rather have them stay in the match afk and hurl insults at which always gets a reply from someone who will stop playing just to try and prove there point, thereby hurting the match even more.

I think I found a solution to the quitter epidemic and it is not a ban. Not 5 minutes not 15 minutes or an hour. It is such a perfect solution it may be described as poetic. The best part is, the delusional quitters will be in favor of it and welcome it.

The solution:

The game should keep track of quitters behind the scenes. Every time you quit a losing match or match that has not yet started you get a point (shhh it's really a bad point) and every time you quit a winning match you lose a point. (The latter is just to prevent the DC'er from being lumped in with quitters.) This quitter point number is not displayed. If you play X number of matches without quitting you also remove a point. This is to allow reform to those who see the error of their ways. Once this metric is in-game for enough time to get solid numbers the solution begins.

You put them in their own queue & force them to play only with other quitters.

All of them.

• The one who quits because his team is bads
  • The one who quits vs overgeared opposition
  • The one who quits vs premades
  • The one who quits when people don't go after objectives
  • The one who quits because someone didn't call "incoming"
  • The one who quits because someone on his team had no expertise
  • The quitters who quit because huttball is forceball
  • The quitters who quit NC because it is a bad game
  • The quitters who quit VS because it is zergstar
  • The quitters who quit Civil War because is is a bad game
  • The quitter who quits because he PAYS to have fun and losing with noobs isnt fun
  • The quitter who quits because fail Bioware doesn't allow you pick your WZ
  • The quitter who quits because it's inefficient to lose when you can quit and get a good team
  • The one who usually sticks it out except when......
  • The one who quits because his guildies logged in
  • The one who quit because the group finder popped
  • The one who quits vs a team of too many Sent/Marauder
  • The one who quits vs a team of too many Pyro/Vanguards
  • etc

Once you lump them all together, PvP for the quitter, who has his "valid" reasons, will quickly become unplayable. Soon the quitter will get mad at other quitters. They will argue about what is a justifiable reason to quit. They will all have their own delusional reason and not respect other reasons. Slowly it will sink in that if everyone quit for their own "justifiable" reason there would be no PvP. They will realize that they have been leaching off of the non-quitter all this time. They will realize that a random queue is a random queue and sometimes you get a bad deal. They will become decent players as they learn to play against better teams. They will have the rare comeback victory that is worth 10 regular victories. They may start sticking it out and join the normal population of players once their quitter score is lowered.

They will become decent members of the community

some of those reasons are a perfect exception to leave a warzone from getting griefed through flavor of the monthers for example they shouldnt be peanalised for it.

some of those reasons are a perfect exception to leave a warzone from getting griefed through flavor of the monthers for example they shouldnt be peanalised for it.

There's no penalty in the OP's suggestion. Only a consequence. Quitters CHOOSE to leave, a choice should have a consequence (yes I know, the consequence is that they don't get any rewards from leaving) But that's not really a consequence of their choice since it doesn't change anything for them at all. They just didn't get the reward they would've had if they hadn't chosen to leave.

Being put into a quitter queue is a direct consequence of choosing to leave WZs alot. They would still be able to play the game as they see fit, progress as fast as they want to, all it does is put those people into the same WZs so people who don't quit gets to play without the added stress of having quitters around.

There's no penalty in the OP's suggestion. Only a consequence. Quitters CHOOSE to leave, a choice should have a consequence (yes I know, the consequence is that they don't get any rewards from leaving) But that's not really a consequence of their choice since it doesn't change anything for them at all. They just didn't get the reward they would've had if they hadn't chosen to leave.

Being put into a quitter queue is a direct consequence of choosing to leave WZs alot. They would still be able to play the game as they see fit, progress as fast as they want to, all it does is put those people into the same WZs so people who don't quit gets to play without the added stress of having quitters around.

they could add a 30 minute penalty if you quit so many times within a certain time period.but not a penalty for leaving 1 warzone.

this would be alot better i think.

they could add a 30 minute penalty if you quit so many times within a certain time period.but not a penalty for leaving 1 warzone.

If they wanna see else 100-200 K unsubbers, they can do so.

If plenty ppl cant play because quit penalty, all others cannot play too - wil be waiting quitters. :p

EDIT: If f2p players will be have limit for wz, all they will be quitters in the end of wz :D

Edited by TonyDragonflame

Counterproductive, counterintuitive. Please reread this thread/OP's idea. You want to PUNISH the quitters. OP wants to place them in a different queue. HUGE difference.

It's very clear to me that a lot of people consider themselves above it... and therefor they should have the right to setback their team for their own... gain?

Yes actually. You do not matter. You are just random information over a fiber optic line being fed to my monitor. If setting you and other pixels back causes gain for me, the person that matters, then by god that's what needs to happen. Period.

is not going to put any of the bads in a position where they can learn to get better, and fix their mistakes.

And that's my responsibility..... how? I'm not a teacher, I don't get paid to help someone get better. Pay me and I'll gladly do it. But there needs to be some kind of compensation for it to get me to care.

Don't be selfish

That is the point of existence buddy. Don't know where you live but it sure isn't a capitalist democracy.

Counterproductive, counterintuitive. Please reread this thread/OP's idea. You want to PUNISH the quitters. OP wants to place them in a different queue. HUGE difference.

No, not a big difference, because the OP believes it would in fact be a punishment for them to be placed in a separate queue.

You play enough warzones and you will quit a few in disgust.

Just a matter of time.

I felt the same way once.

The problem is that in the first 2 minutes you can tell how skilled your team is and how skilled the opposing team is.

Quitting is a product of poor matchmaking and tiers. I put quitting on the developers.

Alterac Valley. There is a warzone that I could care less how many folks quit because there is enough players to each side and a large enough que to quickly replace those that leave. An example of a well designed warzone.

People that are having fun don't quit. Putting folks through misery because of poor matchmaking is on the developer.

Easy solution to the quitter problem is no excuses, straight punishment.

Meaning a deserter buff of some sort.

If you punish people they will learn, if you let people make the choices with no rules, they will run all over ya.

It's that simple.

Here is a post I put down months ago, wanna share it again.

My thread and 2 cents about quitters and gamers these days "PvP Greed and the Ego that comes with it.." = http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=191521

Solution to WZ quitters?

Deserter Buff League of Legends style "LEAVER BUSTER" Link to how they do it when people think they deserve to leave a game = http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Leaver_Buster

What happens if you leave in League of Legends?

Punishment: 1st offence - 6 minutes prohibited from joining the queue. 2nd offence - 15 minutes prohibited from joining the queue. 3rd offense - 1 hour prohibited from joining the queue. The counter resets after 8 hours.

^ = Rules, and "Rules" need enforced in this game to leavers.

No excuses straight punishment, If you don't like it too bad. It just like punishing a child over thinking they are the boss, when in fact the adult is the boss.

If anyone can't figure out that metaphoric phrase then call your mother or father or a adult, its simple parenting just like this game needs to do to Warzone quitters.

Yep that just happened.

Edited by Caeliux

I support this idea, and hope that BW implements it, and once they have i'll login and quit the first WZ that pops for me every day to be put into a queue with people who:

- have 900+ expertise

- call incs early

- play the objectives

- work together

- get over 100k dmg/healing/protection when not guarding a node

- don't cap a node then run off to go fight leaving it unattended

- listen and communicate via ops chat

- focus healers

- pass the hutt-ball

I could go on, but heck if you're going to gimme a queue with other like-minded folks, who 9/10 times are good players, then i'll take that queue.

No kidding, implement immediately please! Three games in a row today we lost a node with two people on it, neither called incs. Had a few huttballs with most people attacking some random guy off in BFE. Pugs very very very very rarely get on the MARKED healers. NC where I solo capped a second node with no backup, called it before I got there, no one showed up, got zerged, lost it. We're two capped, went after a second node (this time someone showed up after I killed the defender). This time, three more teammates came to help. We held it for just long enough for their door to drop... The four other people on the team turned around and bailed while 5+ people came at me on the node solo. I'm talking like, my team wasn't even passed the rock with the health pack yet, and they just kept on trucking towards south. Just blatantly useless idiots. I can deal with recruit gear. I can somewhat tolerate noobs in the lowbie bracket. I wont play with people that are just utterly awful or completely brain dead.

So, in summation, if you're suggesting quitters get queued with other people that aren't terrible players and aren't idiots, I will quit all day to get in on that action. Might finally have worthwhile warzones.

Solution to quitter problem is simple.

1) Don't join PVP in Freaking PVE gear! ****!!! Infact their should be a filter that prevents anyone with less expertise than recruit from joining a warzone.

2)Recruit gear needs to be within 10% of WH on all stats.

Edited by JackNader

I always end up trying to solo-cap both node while my team gets their butts warmed on our node. Then when I'm like "Want to help?", they respond: "LOL cry more lawl". I still don't quit. Can we have a medal for that? .

I do this too, when you have fellow non-quitters you can do it.

I hate to bump a thread but this solution would work.

Edited by richardya