Do What Must Be Done Lord BioWare

Lord_Karsk

10-49 WZ coms.

50 Only rated WZ coms.

Remove the current recruit gear and make Battlemaster gear the new recruit gear.

At lvl 50 players no longer gets ordinary WZ commendations but rated ones.

Just give out rated coms in 50 and you will solve a huge issue in the game.

Most players dont feel like grinding all those WZ coms to change them to rated

WZ coms to play the game on equal lvl.

This would remove some of the gear unbalance much faster and make the game better at 50

for new and veteran players.

So what should WH gear cost ? i say if a mainhand now cost 3475 up it to 7000.

If a cheast cost 3200 raise the price to 5000. Implanet 1425 change to 2500 and so on.

With this change more players would play PvP at 50 and it would make the experience from 49

to 50 much better and not so hard on new players.And players would also have a easier time re rolling.

Players will still have to que up for ranked WZ to get a rating of course.

And in the end skill triumf over aqual gear anyways so everybody will be happy, and more people will PvP.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I like but why even make the Wh so expensive. at this point it needs to be quicker to full wh so more will do rateds.

The stats are so poorly optimized on Wh that everyone has to buy another 10-12 pieces just to be better

My advise to all of you who think getting gear is hard is take advantage of the fact that a ton of WH geared people will not be playing in 3 weeks and even if they hate the new game you will make up a couple months on them either way

No. Just no.

Thats the thing about PvP... I don't want to fight guys with the EXACT same gear as me. Where is the fun in that? That would take the pride out of earning your complete WH set... It wouldn't be special anymore.

"Oh you have your WH? So does everyone else on this server."

I realize fighting someone in WH gear is challenging... but to me its worth the challenge.

No. Just no.

Thats the thing about PvP... I don't want to fight guys with the EXACT same gear as me. Where is the fun in that? That would take the pride out of earning your complete WH set... It wouldn't be special anymore.

"Oh you have your WH? So does everyone else on this server."

I realize fighting someone in WH gear is challenging... but to me its worth the challenge.

This. Heck, I'm still finishing off my BM set. But I'm contributing, and am pleased when my efforts get me the odd MVP vote. Later tonight when I get my BM top I'll also get the satisfaction I earned it.

No. Just no.

Thats the thing about PvP... I don't want to fight guys with the EXACT same gear as me. Where is the fun in that?

That would mean that you're victories were based on skill alone and not a gross gear discrepancy. Alas, I don't really care either way however, I find these types of victories more sweeter than simply crushing someone rolling around in greens with 0 expertise.

Edited by Chikun
stuff

No, absolutely not. People worked hard to get their Battlemaster gear, and War Hero gear even harder, giving away Battlemaster gear depreciates the game, and makes the hard effort people put into getting their gear meaningless just for some fresh 50s to come along and get it for free.

I keep saying this, but I was one of the ones who had to grind for Champion gear, before I got to Battlemaster, and War Hero gear is pretty expensive, and already takes a lot of grinding to get even your main hand weapon.

You get a better feeling of accomplishing some thing when you know you have earned it, and you are entitled to buy that gear. I wasn't even happy with recruit gear being given away free, because yet again, some one before you, had to buy theirs.

It really does spit in the eye of every other player, so no to this.

No, absolutely not. People worked hard to get their Battlemaster gear, and War Hero gear even harder, giving away Battlemaster gear depreciates the game, and makes the hard effort people put into getting their gear meaningless just for some fresh 50s to come along and get it for free.

I keep saying this, but I was one of the ones who had to grind for Champion gear, before I got to Battlemaster, and War Hero gear is pretty expensive, and already takes a lot of grinding to get even your main hand weapon.

You get a better feeling of accomplishing some thing when you know you have earned it, and you are entitled to buy that gear. I wasn't even happy with recruit gear being given away free, because yet again, some one before you, had to buy theirs.

It really does spit in the eye of every other player, so no to this.

I too grinded in jan/dec to get all my champ BM gear in the lucky lottery fail syatem.

But i also understand when a system is preventing new players and players from making

new chars because the grind is to painful that a better system must take it's place.

Point is it will only improve PvP in the long run.

My advise to all of you who think getting gear is hard is take advantage of the fact that a ton of WH geared people will not be playing in 3 weeks and even if they hate the new game you will make up a couple months on them either way

This. Then again most of the people who love to PvP just to find skilled players, will be gone. So, not only can you take the advantage of all the War Hero's (+Higher in Valor Rank, as I'm Valor 88 with not even half WH, since I PvPed so much before WH even came out). But, you could also take the advantage of making a snack while you wait in long queues for PvP. :D

Yes please also give everyone top PVE gear from BT HM. I don't think it is fair that my friends get in better groups than I do just because they spent the time grinding for better gear than I did and I want mine now and I don't want to put in the same effort they did. I think it would only be fair if I got everything they got without having to put in the effort they did.

History shows that the best PvP games are balanced around casuals that don't PvP that much and don't want to put in the effort!

FPS games provide pvp where everyone very quickly has the same gear and almost no one has a gear advantage over anyone else. in mmo's, getting gear is half the battle so of course you will have players that have a gear advantage. getting rolled by those geared players makes you want to grind for the best gear, and when you finally obtain it, you feel like you have accomplished something. this is the way of mmo's, is it not?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.