Ancient Hypergates Warzone

Revan-the-knight

I want them to stop trying to put band aids on sucking chest wounds. Do some real work, and make Open PVP with objectives, and faction bonuses for those objectives.

Until then, Its just more instanced, pointless, meaningless crap PvP.

I want them to stop trying to put band aids on sucking chest wounds. Do some real work, and make Open PVP with objectives, and faction bonuses for those objectives.

It is impossible with current faction imbalance, when 2/3 subs are imps.

Week after beginning Open World pvp they lost all reps subs.

As opposed to meaningful slideshow PvP?

Yeah...

Actually, Republic is about 2% higher in concurrent logins according to people gathering the server population data. After server transfers went through, a lot of people went back to their original main characters.

Hence the work they need to do. If it can be done 10 years ago, it can be done now.

If it could have been done at all, it would have been here already, then again I prefer skill based PvP so no matter.

Actually, its open world pbp which is meaningless. Tasked GW2, the so called savior of pvp, for instance. The only pvp intended to mean anything in it is the instanced pvp. Its designed to be balanced, skill based, and competitive. The open world pvp is, on the other hand, understood to be unbalanced, not entierly about skill, and more a matter of pure fun than of a serious competition.

Never played Warhammer huh?

Game had the same problem and the solution is simple. Just like bolster works in WZ's in 10-49... only the short handed faction gets a buff to even things out a bit. An area bolster instead of an instance bolster Not only that but announcements as to what faction is controlling what and the populations. To perfect this system the rewards are greater for the short handed team and lesser the the over populated team.... therefore encouraging the lower popped faction to support the fight and having less incentive for the higher popped faction to join the fight.

It worked very well and rarely was there a ridiculously unbalanced fight. They made a good system for such a problem 4 years ago. Can't imagine THAT part of it being too difficult to implement now.

Oh yeah... and I'm STOKED about the new WZ~!:D

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Never played Warhammer huh?

Game had the same problem and the solution is simple. Just like bolster works in WZ's in 10-49... only the short handed faction gets a buff to even things out a bit. An area bolster instead of an instance bolster Not only that but announcements as to what faction is controlling what and the populations. To perfect this system the rewards are greater for the short handed team and lesser the the over populated team.... therefore encouraging the lower popped faction to support the fight and having less incentive for the higher popped faction to join the fight.

It worked very well and rarely was there a ridiculously unbalanced fight. They made a good system for such a problem 4 years ago. Can't imagine THAT part of it being too difficult to implement now.

Oh yeah... and I'm STOKED about the new WZ~!:D

...and this system kept the game alive how long?

Seriously, its silly for me to have an edge when I meet a guy one on one because of how many people are on a planet.

Seriously, its silly for me to have an edge when I meet a guy one on one because of how many people are on a planet.

The game is actually still alive and it's problems were NOT with open world PvP. The player base is low... but THAT is not what made the game fall.

I know a lot of people that say it's the best open world PvP they have played. Again... it's problems were elsewhere.

If there where some kind of open world pvp objectives, the population would only matter in the direct vicinity, and not planet wide.

And this.... it's not hard for them to change things for an area vs a planet. Kinda like same faction fights in the Outlaw's Den. It's different there than anywhere else on Tattooine.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

If there where some kind of open world pvp objectives, the population would only matter in the direct vicinity, and not planet wide.

As for the actual topic here, I am very interested to see what they have been able to pull off. I would like to see something with more objective points at equal distance from the respawn, making the groups of people roaming around smaller, instead of just having one giant zerg at "mid".

Because world PvP in this game is a numbers game. It's not fun losing because you're outnumbered. That's all that ever happened on Ilum. Good world PvP is an oxymoron.

The numbers never bothered me, it was the terrible server lag that ensued when any fight over 20 peeps took place.

Good thing is, when open world PvP died, many peeps I knew quit. Was halarious to see how good they thought they were, only to get lolstomped in WZ's.

Actually, its open world pbp which is meaningless. Tasked GW2, the so called savior of pvp, for instance. The only pvp intended to mean anything in it is the instanced pvp. Its designed to be balanced, skill based, and competitive. The open world pvp is, on the other hand, understood to be unbalanced, not entierly about skill, and more a matter of pure fun than of a serious competition.

I never said get rid of War Zones completely, just don't use them as 'the PvP" in a game.

I come from Dark Age of Camelot, which in my opinion had the best PvP in the "MMO World".

I'm going to try and not write a book to explain my point...

If you're unfamiliar, It had 3 playable realms, and your goal was to hit lvl 50... and go join your realm in PvP. To "serve your realm" so to speak.

There were different "battle grounds" or "war zones" that had a central Keep that you could fight for control of, at different levels... 20-24, 25-29.... all the way to 49.

Once you hit 50, you entered a HUGE open world PvP area with several Keeps and even more towers. Your objectives were to take another realm's Keeps and associated towers, to unlock that realm's Relic keeps... and the relics give the faction bonuses.

All the while, each kill gives you "realm points" to increase your "realm Rank" (Similar to the valor system) except with RR you got a bit "tougher" to kill with the bonuses you got from gaining the rank.

I say we need something like this, to where we allow people who enjoy open world PvP, to get faction bonuses for the entire faction from their work. (Hence the meaningful) Rather than warzone after warzone, which doesn't do anything to benefit the whole faction.

I think BW needs to incorporate an Open World option, with objectives, with possibilities to earn faction bonuses... +10% Legacy/Valor/PVE exp. or Crafting bonuses... etc.

All the while, those who wish to play warzones have the ability to play warzones.

I never said get rid of War Zones completely, just don't use them as 'the PvP" in a game.

I come from Dark Age of Camelot, which in my opinion had the best PvP in the "MMO World".

If you're unfamiliar, It had 3 playable realms, and your goal was to hit lvl 50... and go join your realm in PvP. To "serve your realm" so to speak.

There were different "battle grounds" or "war zones" that had a central Keep that you could fight for control of, at different levels... 20-24, 25-29.... all the way to 49.

Once you hit 50, you entered a HUGE open world PvP area with several Keeps and even more towers. Your objectives were to take another realm's Keeps and associated towers, to unlock that realm's Relic keeps... and the relics give the faction bonuses.

All the while, each kill gives you "realm points" to increase your "realm Rank" (Similar to the valor system) except with RR you got a bit "tougher" to kill with the bonuses you got from gaining the rank.

I say we need something like this, to where we allow people who enjoy open world PvP, to get faction bonuses for the entire faction from their work. (Hence the meaningful) Rather than warzone after warzone, which doesn't do anything to benefit the whole faction.

I think BW needs to incorporate an Open World option, with objectives, with possibilities to earn faction bonuses... +10% Legacy/Valor/PVE exp. or Crafting bonuses... etc.

All the while, those who wish to play warzones have the ability to play warzones.

i would love to see this... engine permitting.

i would love to see this... engine permitting.

Well the Engine would need some work, since they failed when they tried to run this on Illum. But its nothing that can't be fixed, it just takes work. And they have to be willing to put that work in.

Edited by Graalis

Well the Engine would need some work, since they failed when they tried to run this on Illum. But its nothing that can't be fixed, it just takes work. And they have to be willing to put that work in.

They didn't make the engine, I doubt they can fix it.

i TOTALLY agree with this .. can't wait for this to be implemented in the game .. :)