So all this talk about GW2

beyondkilling

You are missing the point.

Most ppl who will leave swtor for gw2, are not doing it because they think its better, or w/e.

They will go gw2 because it gives them something new to do and the game does not suck.

Atm all swtor has to offer is afk on fleet, and repetitive pve, pvp. Game can not keep up with the players.

That is why most ppl started to play swtor in the first place. It was something new, and it did not suck. Then after they finished content or w/e 400k (and counting) subs, went back to their previous game (most likely WoW) .

I think there is a substantial number of players that are still in swtor just because gw2 (the next new thing) is not out yet.

Same cycle.

Edited by Dmasterr

Most ppl who will leave swtor for gw2, are not doing it because they think its better, or w/e.

They will go gw2 because it gives them something new to do and the game does not suck.

Atm all swtor has to offer is afk on fleet, and repetitive pve, pvp. Game can not keep up with the players.

Exactly.

I like TOR, I really do, otherwise I wouldn't have played it for this long, but they need to come out with a vision, something for the future that doesn't just add another link to the chain of grinding (aka: new flashpoint / raid, warzone).

They need to try some new ideas.

Personally, persistent PvP would get my interest back (if it actually works -_-).

Edited by Fdzzaigl

That is why most ppl started to play swtor in the first place. It was something new, and it did not suck. Then after they finished content or w/e 400k (and counting) subs, went back to their previous game (most likely WoW) .

I think there is a substantial number of players that are still in swtor just because gw2 (the next new thing) is not out yet.

Same cycle.

i stopped reading this after repetitive pve and pvp EVERY GAME HAS THIS.

Dmasterr pretty much hit the nail on the head there. A friend of mine from a previous guild mentioned GW2 to me. While my PC was BSODing from a faulty CPU, I looked into GW2 as well while waiting for a replacement. Only to come back and find out that most of (what's left) of my guild mates tried out BWE3 for GW2 and will be going to it.

I will as well because after watching the gameplay I have to atleast give it a try, or else I cant give my own opinion on it. And I feel like most of the PVP community (or atleast most of the people I know) are going to try it out. While PVP TOR has been fun at times, that mostly came from the people I play with. Other than that, I'm just tired of the grind for gear to stay competitive in PVP.

Also inb4 "Hello everyone. We'll be closing this thread, as it focuses more on another game than on Star Wars: The Old Republic. Thank you for your understanding."

i stopped reading this after repetitive pve and pvp EVERY GAME HAS THIS.

Yeah, pretty much. So you say that these people got sick of the "repetitive PvE and PvP" they'd played for a few months and then went back to WoW? Really? The repetitive PvE and PvP they've played for 10 years?

How can you even write that and think it makes sense?

I will as well because after watching the gameplay I have to atleast give it a try, or else I cant give my own opinion on it. And I feel like most of the PVP community (or atleast most of the people I know) are going to try it out. While PVP TOR has been fun at times, that mostly came from the people I play with. Other than that, I'm just tired of the grind for gear to stay competitive in PVP.

Yup, just have everything handed to you, don't have to work for anything, reward laziness.

Yeah, pretty much. So you say that these people got sick of the "repetitive PvE and PvP" they'd played for a few months and then went back to WoW? Really? The repetitive PvE and PvP they've played for 10 years?

How can you even write that and think it makes sense?

WoW, is also repetitive pve and pvp.

But here are the differences:

WoW game mechanics and game responsiveness is on a whole new level compared to swtor.

also, are you srsly comparing swtor content to wow? both pvp and pve content blows swtor out of the water.

I quit wow a long time ago because i stopped liking it. But for players who like both wow and swtor, it's a no brainer.

Without something but objective based pvp and limited maps, no world pvp at all and no news on x-server ranked pvp, the situation within SWTOR isn't looking great. PvP wasn't the highest priority for development at start-up which is the opposite of GW2 because it was built around it, so it is only feasible that those people that are more interested in testing their SKILL rather than their GEAR will at the very least try out GW2 before making up their mind.

I'm sorry but no amount of skill in the world is going to make up for the difference between a recruit/BM toon against a fully augmented WH toon, which has nothing to do with rewarding somebody for hard work. Anybody can log in and half-*** their way through WZ's, eating up time and spots in WZ's for comm grinding only to eventually get the gear so it's not skill that determines the outcomes in most matches, it's gear + class. As the game gets older, there doesn't seem to be a lot of direction because what's going to happen? More objective maps? More gear to grind with ridiculous amounts of time to get like WH has been? Will world PvP ever become viable? The devs need more open communication to help with the situation because just making vague references isn't going to help the situation or the possible exodus of people who find something better to play.

Without something but objective based pvp and limited maps, no world pvp at all and no news on x-server ranked pvp, the situation within SWTOR isn't looking great. PvP wasn't the highest priority for development at start-up which is the opposite of GW2 because it was built around it, so it is only feasible that those people that are more interested in testing their SKILL rather than their GEAR will at the very least try out GW2 before making up their mind.

I'm sorry but no amount of skill in the world is going to make up for the difference between a recruit/BM toon against a fully augmented WH toon, which has nothing to do with rewarding somebody for hard work. Anybody can log in and half-*** their way through WZ's, eating up time and spots in WZ's for comm grinding only to eventually get the gear so it's not skill that determines the outcomes in most matches, it's gear + class. As the game gets older, there doesn't seem to be a lot of direction because what's going to happen? More objective maps? More gear to grind with ridiculous amounts of time to get like WH has been? Will world PvP ever become viable? The devs need more open communication to help with the situation because just making vague references isn't going to help the situation or the possible exodus of people who find something better to play.

I've said it in many threads, and I'll say it again: if you can't make some difference in a warzone in recruit gear, you're bad. It's that simple. It's a huge advantage to have WH gear, but a little work gets you there - and honestly, the difference between augmented BM and augmented WH is pretty tiny if you actually look at the stat differences. Heck, when I min/maxed my Shadow's BM before going for WH, the gear was already better than base WH Shadow gear.

This idea that gear determines the matches is utter nonsense. Does it sometimes happen that a team of full WH gets put against a team of only recruit? Sure, and there's a big advantage there - but in the end, that's pretty rare. It's normally far more mixed. In any case, that's why there are ranked wzs in which teams can worry about bringing in good gear.

I also take it from your comments that you don't like objective based maps which, and I apologize it I'm judging incorrectly here, but seems to indicate that you don't take PvP that seriously anyways. If there are players who are only concerned with killing or doing whatever random thing they want, well then maybe SWtOR PvP is too serious for them and not their cup of tea. That's fine, but don't try and ruin it for those of us who like it as it is.

Same cycle.

I am just going to leave this here, its your beloved GW2 on the highest settings

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/812/gw001th.jpg/

WoW, is also repetitive pve and pvp.

But here are the differences:

WoW game mechanics and game responsiveness is on a whole new level compared to swtor.

also, are you srsly comparing swtor content to wow? both pvp and pve content blows swtor out of the water.

I quit wow a long time ago because i stopped liking it. But for players who like both wow and swtor, it's a no brainer.

Don't try to pass off your opinion as fact. I happen to think SWTOR is far superior on all the levels you just listed.

You will care when most of the pvpers leave for it...since GW2 beta my guild has ahad atleast 5 unsubs and 6 people just haven't logged back on.One of the best pvp guilds on my server has left for GW2 already..

Sad that BW aren't doing anything to try keep them interested as I like the game and dont want it to fail,but if my guild leaves,I will definately follow as the game is just not fun to play by yourself:(

You will care when most of the pvpers leave for it...since GW2 beta my guild has ahad atleast 5 unsubs and 6 people just haven't logged back on.One of the best pvp guilds on my server has left for GW2 already..

Sad that BW aren't doing anything to try keep them interested as I like the game and dont want it to fail,but if my guild leaves,I will definately follow as the game is just not fun to play by yourself:(

The vast majority of people who leave are going to be leaving GW2 fairly soon thereafter. They're the type of gamers who hop from one thing to another to another, whatever is shiny and new and supposedly the next great thing. Some will leave because they genuinely like GW2 better - and that's fine. Most who leave will not fit this mold.

Edited by Skolops

I DONT CARE and 90% of the other players dont either go play ur FTP game and pretend your going for the "good" pvp its actually bad pvp. GW1 had the worst pvp in gaming history. every class in swtor is balanced atm so L2P.

Will you care after the game dies out?

Played GW2 Beta weekends every time they were up. GW2 is a lot of fun when you play with a bunch of your friends... However, playing the game solo puts me to sleep. I can play SWTOR solo, not GW2. And the PVP is a lot different. It takes more skill in SWTOR to dominate, in GW2 it's whoever has the bigger zerg since they nerfed arrow carts. We could hold a fort in GW2 with 5 guys against 20+ with those broken arrow carts... Too bad they nerfed 'em. :(

I DONT CARE and 90% of the other players dont either go play ur FTP game and pretend your going for the "good" pvp its actually bad pvp. GW1 had the worst pvp in gaming history. every class in swtor is balanced atm so L2P.

Do you honestly believe you speak for 90% of the population or did you mean 90% of the population that hasnt cancelled.

Why do people take others opinions on a game so personally

One cannot ignore the fact that guilds, hell gaming communities, are moving in a month.

This isn't the fault of anyone who liks swtor, its bw fault

Alot of us wanted to be here, but we simply can't anymore

And that ss lol you 2nd time you posted that. Just amazing some people lol

Every class is balanced is just priceless, I cannot even comment on how absurd that is

Have you seen the open world pvp in GW2? It's awesome.

Have you seen the open world pvp in SWTOR?

Remember the whole Ilum disaster?

That was the worst open world pvp in any game ever. And now this game doesn't even have open world pvp.

And this game will never have open world pvp because their servers can't handle it. Whereas games coming out in the next year, TESonline and GW2 have servers capable of 200 person battles.

And you obviously care about all of the talk if you're going to nerdrage about it.

Edited by Synxos

Have you seen the open world pvp in GW2? It's awesome.

Have you seen the open world pvp in SWTOR?

Remember the whole Ilum disaster?

That was the worst open world pvp in any game ever. And now this game doesn't even have open world pvp.

And this game will never have open world pvp because their servers can't handle it. Whereas games coming out in the next year, TESonline and GW2 have servers capable of 200 person battles.

And you obviously care about all of the talk if you're going to nerdrage about it.

Some people like that idea. I personally hate the idea of open world PvP being a big part of a game. A fight here or there when you run into somebody - cool. Entire goals and mechanics centered on 200 person battles? Yawn and yuck.

I am just going to leave this here, its your beloved GW2 on the highest settings

Its meh when it comes to look of gw2, Aion was better looking and how long was that game made?

Its again a fresh paint job over the fact that guild wars is only a PVP repetitive game with no raid or pvp gear progression just like warhammer and rift.

I give gw2 6 months and all the sudden when swtor brings more content they will be rushing back with excuses and lame reasons why they came back to swtor. :rolleyes:

Icebergy, im sick of you posting that same SS, in every gw2 post, the game doesnt even look like that. Stop trolling, and get a life. If you like swtor then play swtor and if you like GW2 then play it, who cares, but stop being a troll and posting SS from 2010 or on the lowest settings and acting like thats what the game looks like.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^See i can do the same thing as you did^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by vwsupra