Scrapper Scoundrel/Concealment Operative viable for Sub-50 PVP?

Count_Midnite

Just wanted to know if this spec is worth using in the Ranked WZ and 50's bracket. In 10-49 though it does really well in terms of DPS. On the other hand though it doesn't start to REALLY shine until you get Shoot First/Hidden Strike and Flechette Round/Acid Blade.

I don't enjoy healing in PVP as much as other people, I just want a stealth class I could go lone-wolf and fight on my own using of course stealth and my Opener. Should I respec and learn heals or just try to master the class?

Currently I am level 20, just want to know if anyone could shed some light on this for me. THANKS :D

Echo. You can be effective, but you'll probably have to work your arse off, both in gearing and playing.

Would add that lone-wolfing and doing your own thing is a losing tactic in any warzone, and good luck with that at all in ranked. Which is not the same as doing something solo as part of the team's strategy.

Example: been having fun in pug Civil War recently getting my team to split 3/4 on the sides while I keep mid uncapped on my own for as long as possible. Worked every time so far. If the enemy go strong mid, I've tied up most of their players and we take both sides. They rush a side, we take the other and our guys cycle back in to take mid. Then hold the two nodes we have for as long as possible. Not rocket science, but have beaten noticeably stronger teams with it. Which may just say a lot about the tactical standard of pugs.

I don't do the overall damage on my Op that I do on my PT. I still enjoy PvPing on my Op though. It does require a bit more brain power and work. Alot of running around. Most times 1 v 1 I do alright. I try not to get in those situations especially if it doesn't support the team effort. My job isn't to burn you down so much as to simply slow you up.

Delaying actions, stuns, sneaking up and taking a node when no one is looking. If a person truly understands the role of their class then they are viable. It's as simple as that.

Echo. You can be effective, but you'll probably have to work your arse off, both in gearing and playing.

Would add that lone-wolfing and doing your own thing is a losing tactic in any warzone, and good luck with that at all in ranked. Which is not the same as doing something solo as part of the team's strategy.

Example: been having fun in pug Civil War recently getting my team to split 3/4 on the sides while I keep mid uncapped on my own for as long as possible. Worked every time so far. If the enemy go strong mid, I've tied up most of their players and we take both sides. They rush a side, we take the other and our guys cycle back in to take mid. Then hold the two nodes we have for as long as possible. Not rocket science, but have beaten noticeably stronger teams with it. Which may just say a lot about the tactical standard of pugs.

Whenever you fight randoms, going not-mid is a good plan, but you need at least 1 with a healer to be enough of a nuisance to hold a lot of their team there. I tend to go east on Novare or right on CW when in unranked because I know I can burn down whatever random Imp is there and take that node, usually even with 2 of them thanks to the magic of tranq dart. I have denied mid for at least 4 cap attempts whenever I decide to be annoying though, even if it works better as healer or hybrid spec.

Thanks for the feedback guys. My whole thing though is that Scoundrel/Operative Stealth DPS specs were mean't for harassing the enemy, and earning ninja caps no? Alas, I guess my whole thing was a L2P Issue, but I feel confident if I gear my character good enough, I could be a good asset to the team. Of course as a Scoundrel/Operative you are going to have to once in a while fight someone head on which I respect.

Hunt down the snipers/slingers and make all the people still rerolling pyro/assault and marauders/sentinels love you. Seriously as a sniper nothing I hate more than suddenly ending flat on my face from a op/scoundrel... its kinda guarenteed game over unless theres help around

Yeah that Shoot First/Hidden Strike is a killer when you spec into it. Sadly I am only level 20 :(, I have to be level 36 to get it... I think though this game is a huge rock, paper, scissors system. Snipers/Gunslingers rely on cover so they could kill Melee units, Tank units, and Tactics Vanguards/Advanced Prototype Powertechs from good range.

However if you get a DoT Specced Sorc/Sage or Smuggler/Imperial Agent and they throw their abilities on you, that means you are gonna have to stop camping your cover and it gets really annoying.

Hunt down the snipers/slingers and make all the people still rerolling pyro/assault and marauders/sentinels love you. Seriously as a sniper nothing I hate more than suddenly ending flat on my face from a op/scoundrel... its kinda guarenteed game over unless theres help around

haha i hate this too. but whenever it happens i remind myself that the slealthy bursty melee classes are the answer to everyone's sniper problems, just like we are the answer to everyone's PT/Vanguard problems (sometimes mara's too). so it evens out in the end.

Just wanted to know if this spec is worth using in the Ranked WZ and 50's bracket. In 10-49 though it does really well in terms of DPS. On the other hand though it doesn't start to REALLY shine until you get Shoot First/Hidden Strike and Flechette Round/Acid Blade.

I don't enjoy healing in PVP as much as other people, I just want a stealth class I could go lone-wolf and fight on my own using of course stealth and my Opener. Should I respec and learn heals or just try to master the class?

Currently I am level 20, just want to know if anyone could shed some light on this for me. THANKS :D

Scrapper\Concealment still has viability, even at the highest levels of ranked pvp - due to the control, off healing, and "surprise" burst damage it can offer. It does require only the best and most skilled players to make it work currently (unlike a Pyrotech that can provide much more DPS pressure without thinking too hard ;)).

That does not, however, negate the fact that these specs are DPS specs that deal below par damage, and should have been to be looked at by Bioware for a long time now. But if they can't be bothered to fix the Dirty Fighting\Lethality spec for Scoundrels\Operatives - (Is anyone actually playing that?) - then how can you expect them to fix a spec that only needs a few delicate touches to become really viable again.

Scrapper\Concealment still has viability, even at the highest levels of ranked pvp - due to the control, off healing, and "surprise" burst damage it can offer. It does require only the best and most skilled players to make it work currently (unlike a Pyrotech that can provide much more DPS pressure without thinking too hard ;)).

That does not, however, negate the fact that these specs are DPS specs that deal below par damage, and should have been to be looked at by Bioware for a long time now. But if they can't be bothered to fix the Dirty Fighting\Lethality spec for Scoundrels\Operatives - (Is anyone actually playing that?) - then how can you expect them to fix a spec that only needs a few delicate touches to become really viable again.

The biggest challenge for me that was scrapper specific is how to keybind the cover button, and your sabotage charge. After that its wack-o-mole with your cooldowns. as the scrapper has no real procs to worry about. Managing upperhand with a scrapper is non exhistant as the damage bonus vs suckerpunch use is a no brainer(use it fool).

The spec is not "hard", its just that so few people have the patience to stick to a dps class that has little burst till WH. Stealth does its job though, as you can defend a point effectively using stuns, and vanishing act, for atleast 20 seconds.

I don't know why so many people are done on Ops. I admit it's not an easy class. You have to use your head. Like all the things I've mentioned before. You have to know your role and yes taking out snipers/gunslingers is part of my job.

I've stood toe to toe with Marauders and burned them down. Vanguards/PT's are my biggest concern. You can't when all the time but when I have all my cool downs I sure don't lose that often either.

I just want a stealth class I could go lone-wolf and fight on my own

I don't think any class will fit you for RWZs if you are that guy (trying to solo a node, always fighting alone, etc.).

As for the title, yes they are viable pre-50. They probably become the best class 1v1 past 40 and pre-50, if you get your opener.