Any thoughts on Set bonuses Moving with Armoring Besides Campaign Gear.

bbates

I really like that we have all the adaptive social gear and orange crafted gear to customize your look problem is unless your crushing HM EC on a weekly basis a lot of that gear is worthless if you want to maintain your set bonuses.

I know from a previous Dev discussion it was said that Columi and Rakata gear wouldn't be updated to having set bonuses on the armoring. Some of that was said because well damn it's a lot of work to update every one of those armoring in the game to have their reflective set bonuses now. Think of the players running around in rakat/columi.

I know this idea might be a lot of work also but it could help bridge the gap and let people with alts and more social players get access to the new social gear and keep their set bonus intact.

Why not update the Columi and Rakata set armoring going forward and not the set's people have already purchased. Keep the same stats rename the armoring in the Set's with a Columi/Rakata prefix and whola you have created sets everyone can get access to and made all the hard work you have done with orange/social gear viable.

I think this would be a great start and while yes it would take a week or so to grab some of the new columi for alt's and new alts or characters coming up with the GF tool out there and the daily/weekly quests it could be done very easily.

This might be a little out of the box for the dev's or already thought of, but I know you could do it. Creating just a new armoring to put in a shell and copying the stat's over from a previous armoring hopefully wouldn't be to big of a strain on your resources.

Edited by bbates

I know this idea might be a lot of work also but it could help bridge the gap and let people with alts and more social players get access to the new social gear and keep their set bonus intact.

Why not update the Columi and Rakata set armoring going forward and not the set's people have already purchased. Keep the same stats rename the armoring in the Set's with a Columi/Rakata prefix and whola you have created sets everyone can get access to and made all the hard work you have done with orange/social gear viable.

THIS.

They should bite the bullet and make the change. Anyone who desperately wants the set bonus who didn't already have it, will almost certainly go grind out a new set of Rakata or Columi gear to get it. It's not even difficult to get either Rakata or Columi when you already have them.

My guild is still working on getting HM EC down, but HM EV/KP are farm status and people are gearing out alts with Rakata pieces. This change would not have a very big negative impact on people who already have the gear, but would be a godsend to everyone who as yet doesn't have it. Or even to people who DO have it, but want to use different gear looks while keeping their set bonus.

You know, the thing with Bioware is, they say one thing, but their actions say another.

They are so vocally pre customizing your looks, but they make it almost impossible. I will give you some examples.

My sith juggernaut, who I designed in Beta, has a weird haircut and I grew tired of it. But unless I want to wear the hideous (personal) chests that have the set bonus (rakata = ugly, campaign less so but harder to get) I have to wear the head for the 4piece set bonus.

It's even worse for my powertech, since the PvP 4 set bonus is better for PvE purposes (why ¿¿) I have to run around looking like a clown in 4 pieces of battlemaster until I can stomach grinding all the way to 4 War Hero pieces, which for a non 24/7 pvp-er, will take forever.

So yes, make us able to look how we want to look, put the set bonusses on EVERY tier set, even if it was tionese!

Most set bonus's are negligible if you are a decent player. I would personally prefer they spend resources elsewhere, since they plan on makeing it a sure thing in the future. Just be patient and mod your rakata/columi for raids if you want....

See it as an incentive to finish current content~!

i just wanna reiterate, since they will be haveing a new teir of content soon and all sets going forward will be attached to armorings, i would appreciate them spending time and resources elsewhere.

this is only an issue because echm has not become puggable like evhm and kphm. once the population is skille/geared/informed enough to be able to pug this content, then everyone will be ablwe to look how they want.

until that happens... keep trying to down hm kephess

The problem is that even if they attached set bonuses to all new columi/rakata after a specific patch, you have to realize that a vast majority of players are incredibly ignorant. They don't read the patch notes and they don't read the forums. Then you would have mass confusion as these people tried to figure out why they got the set bonus from one piece of armoring and not another.

The fact is that sure, the situation sucks a little right now, but down the road when they raise the level cap and nobody is even getting these sets any more it will just be an old memory.

On the flip side, this state of things can actually benefit you:

Buy Black Hole piece, take mods out, stick in rakata piece = set bonus.

I really like that we have all the adaptive social gear and orange crafted gear to customize your look problem is unless your crushing HM EC on a weekly basis a lot of that gear is worthless if you want to maintain your set bonuses.

I know from a previous Dev discussion it was said that Columi and Rakata gear wouldn't be updated to having set bonuses on the armoring. Some of that was said because well damn it's a lot of work to update every one of those armoring in the game to have their reflective set bonuses now. Think of the players running around in rakat/columi.

I think this would be a great start and while yes it would take a week or so to grab some of the new columi for alt's and new alts or characters coming up with the GF tool out there and the daily/weekly quests it could be done very easily.

This might be a little out of the box for the dev's or already thought of, but I know you could do it. Creating just a new armoring to put in a shell and copying the stat's over from a previous armoring hopefully wouldn't be to big of a strain on your resources.

For the rest of this game's foreseeable lifespan, the bonuses will move with the armoring. You can handle a few months of slight inconvenience. In the whole scheme of things, it's barely even a small deal.

I actually hated the Tionese/Columi/Rakata look so much for BH's that I gave up PvE altogether and decided to concentrate on PvP so I could get the War Hero mods and look how I wanted. It was a good decision, however I do occasionally miss being able to PvE.

I actually hated the Tionese/Columi/Rakata look so much for BH's that I gave up PvE altogether and decided to concentrate on PvP so I could get the War Hero mods and look how I wanted. It was a good decision, however I do occasionally miss being able to PvE.

In case you were interested...the WH and BM sets are more than enough to tackle story modes. You could try a story mod pug if you wanted.

I told them this during testing, there's no point giving people the ability to have social armour if you put a major downside to using it that being set bonuses.

ALL armour set bonuses should transferable OR better still they should have sorted crafting out so the player can make and assign set bonus's and make armour of all tiers.

So crafting actually became useful.