Too much running around, quit out of boredom

Dantalist

It has been mentioned many times and it's a legit gripe.

It's a rerun of the tv show 'get smart' every time you board your spaceship. Which isn't really a ship at all. It's just a room you enter so you can choose another room to enter and then go thru a hall and into another room and onto another ship and then finally onto a planet.. Really streamlined procedure they thought up.

You have no imagination.

Why do you play video games?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to quit

But

The running around is pretty insane. I understand planets are massive in scale and size. But instead of them making me feel like a tiny person in a big brave world. It's just a drag on my speeder racing to my next point and it's taking 30-40 minutes to go from one side of the map to the next.

Not to mention they're are dozen's of NPC's sitting in mob's of three, who knock me off my bike every time I take a turn. If I want a speeder that doesn't knock me off. I have to pay an insane number of credits in order to do that. Let's be honest, everything is too spaced out.

It's more of a time sink, it would been easier to make pathways easier to get to without things knocking you down and then a seperate area for the quests and missions divided in areas. It feels like we have a single out post just surroucded by NPC's and then on otherside of map another out post.

IMO, it's too spaced out.

It really isn't exploration if you are constantly being told where to go. I'm TOLD to go to point A, then I have to travel across half the map, avoiding as many obstacles and creatures as I can, occasionally having to fight mobs who knock me off my speeder and are just annoying. That's not exploration, that is just being a newspaper boy.

Of course, you can wonder out and explore . . . but then it all kind of feels pointless (unless you are harvesting resources) until you run into some quest givers -- assuming you haven't wondered outside of your level range -- who then just . . . tell you where to go.

THIS. Same reason I couldn't stand Skyrim and any other "sandbox"-like game.

Um, Atlantica has an auto-move. I also play EVE, it has autopilot as well.

I don't really care about WOW, never liked that game at all.

You use autopilot in EVE?

WOW.

Thats like...just...no.

I hope they don't do that, the more you "improve" things by doing instant travels, automove, ... the less it feels like a MMO to me, the more planets feels small and fake...

I don't want MMO to be a lobby game and yes using autopilot in Eve is a good way to get spotted and killed.

Congratulations young one! You have now realized the fully imagined worlds that were made for us to get lost in/discover/explore. That is why there is running and big open worlds. Exploration.

and you just listed one of the major reasons this game is flopping so hard. there is no reason to explore. everyone cried that the space combat was on rails, little did we know the entire game was on rails.

Just cancelled my account. Got tired of all the running around. Even with a mount and quick travel it's just too much and it's too boring.

I've played multiple mmos where they at least coded an auto-travel. Anyway, if anyone cares that's why I quit. My suggestion, code an auto-move.

Even I, who will listen to the Quit posts and agree with the points made in a great number of them have to say

ARE YOU SERIOUS????

If this is truely why you quit the game.

YIKES, have w gamers really fallen so low into the depths of dumbed down????

Scary, absolutely scary

All you need to do, is get to 50, you say you're lvl 44, you couldn't take 6 more levels? What were you playing this game for anyway? Once you get to 50 you don't have to move around so much. Just do the same fps/ops/wzs over and over again from the comfort of your ship, or where ever else you choose to camp at.

My point being, i actually miss lvling, the 'moving around' on planets and following the quest where it takes me. Having been 50 since last december, i still think the best part of the game was the story, and wish that bioware would just release more class quests so i can go back to walking about with some purpose.

Edited by Soapland

Like I always say, not every game is for everyone.

I take the other side of the road I enjoy the slower travel, I like to get into the immersion the world has to offer, thats one reason I can't play simple click games that let me travel quick every were, they lack depth for me.

Is there any reason to quit that people would accept? He didn't like the lack of this feature and quit, its a valid reason as any I guess. Would he re-sub if they added such a feature? I personally don't want it, it doesn't fit into lore.

It's not a valid reason if he's WRONG.

Yes, in this case, his opinion is wrong. In comparison this game offers just as many or more ways to quick travel to places than any other MMO.

I leveled up to 30 on 2 characters before I realized I was wasting most of my time not utilizing quick travel. When I found out, ZANG.

I think you need an mmo that is a large room with somebody that goes "in that corner we have battleground queves, in that corner there is the raiding group, that corner is the roleplay group, they are kind of weird.., in that corner there we have the daily group, that corner over there we have open world pvp group, "

Yeah it sounds like he wants an mmo that's just a menu with the options to select from. Maybe he'd like Clone Wars Adventures. I wish my sub for that hadn't ran out. Tower defense is fun, so was the ship tunnel missions.... I liked decorating my room also.

OP have you tried Clone Wars Adventures?

Congratulations young one! You have now realized the fully imagined worlds that were made for us to get lost in/discover/explore. That is why there is running and big open worlds. Exploration.

I think you need an mmo that is a large room with somebody that goes "in that corner we have battleground queves, in that corner there is the raiding group, that corner is the roleplay group, they are kind of weird.., in that corner there we have the daily group, that corner over there we have open world pvp group, and finally here, what you are in is the center of it all, the warp group! What is the warp group you say?! Well, it is for people who don't want to WALK to the corners but would rather get teleported instantly with the snap of a finger. Where would you like to go today sir? What shall we do for you? Wipe your *** with silk? How about some solid gold nuggest I just crapped for you. Here you are. *warps him to wherever he wants to go with 1000000000 credits"

I think the op is looking for a game like that :p

p.s. I'm joking...lol ...AM I?! yes...but wait..am I really?

Thanks for the laugh :)

All you need to do, is get to 50, you say you're lvl 44, you couldn't take 6 more levels? What were you playing this game for anyway? Once you get to 50 you don't have to move around so much. Just do the same fps/ops/wzs over and over again from the comfort of your ship, or where ever else you choose to camp at.

My point being, i actually miss lvling, the 'moving around' on planets and following the quest where it takes me. Having been 50 since last december, i still think the best part of the game was the story, and wish that bioware would just release more class quests so i can go back to walking about with some purpose.

Isn't that the truth! The leveling and exploring is also where it's at for me, I don't even hardly bother with the Flashpoints. I have been here since day one (and open Beta) and I may have done maybe ten Flashpoints.

It's not a valid reason if he's WRONG.

Yes, in this case, his opinion is wrong. In comparison this game offers just as many or more ways to quick travel to places than any other MMO.

I leveled up to 30 on 2 characters before I realized I was wasting most of my time not utilizing quick travel. When I found out, ZANG.

And that is the reason he is getting so much flak, his opinion is wrong. SWTOR is easy and quick to move around. Even on my very 1st toon on most planets I could start at a mission hub and run around doing all the missions and barely have qt ready to go back and hand in so I could move to the next set of missions.

Yes some planets are large and do have more running around, Tatooine, Hoth and Voss being good examples. However the size helps make them different, the game would be worse off if you never had to do a bit of travelling.

It does not take much planning to look at your map and work out that if you go to A then B then C then D you can minimise the amount of running around between missions.

If you find that there is too much runnning around...

...then you aren't managing your quests and shuttle/fleet pass cooldowns properly. Story quests follow the path of planet quests. Random quests follow the planet quest...

...once you've gained enough MMO experience you'll notice it all flows together and you will pick up, complete and turn in all your quests together one after another.

It's like going on a road trip. Plan it out first. Look at where the quests are and complete them in the proper order that will make you back-track the least and then shuttle back. You shouldn't be zig-zagging around too much, and if you are you

re doing it wrong.

The game is pretty heavy on the travel side, or more so travel time that people aren't used to. You could spend 10 mins or more on a speeder going to some undiscovered location or with quick travel on cooldown. I personally don't mind it but I can see where people that only play a hour or two wouldn't want to spend half that time travelling around since quests like to send you to the other side of the world and back over and over.

Redisgn isn't really an option but taking off more significant quick travel cooldown time via legacy would help. Right now it's like 5 mins off a 30 min cooldown. Would be better at 15 mins

Edited by sumuji

Just cancelled my account. Got tired of all the running around. Even with a mount and quick travel it's just too much and it's too boring.

I've played multiple mmos where they at least coded an auto-travel. Anyway, if anyone cares that's why I quit. My suggestion, code an auto-move.

LOL ...thats a new one. Which MMO was this again? Please, by all means, give me some examples of an MMO that just zipped you from place to place so you never have to "run around." Because none of the ones ive played did that. They all had their taxis, quick travels, while some of the newer ones had port to instance with their group finder.

Oh well, good luck with the other MMO that you claim ports you everywhere. Quick question ... do the mobs and quest obectives come to you too? Im so sick of actually running around looking for those!

Uh, Skyrim is an open ended sandbox game where you do what you want. Complete opposite of his point. :rolleyes:

No, you either run around mindlessly exploring pretty trees and snow and the like, or you go and do X quest for Y person and get Z reward. Over and over again. It's just like this game, but at least it has the decency to call itself single player unlike this heap.

The game is pretty heavy on the travel side, or more so travel time that people aren't used to. You could spend 10 mins or more on a speeder going to some undiscovered location or with quick travel on cooldown. I personally don't mind it but I can see where people that only play a hour or two wouldn't want to spend half that time travelling around since quests like to send you to the other side of the world and back over and over.

Redisgn isn't really an option but taking off more significant quick travel cooldown time via legacy would help. Right now it's like 5 mins off a 30 min cooldown. Would be better at 15 mins

I agree with this post and i don't see why your all flaming the OP he has a point even if its not a point you all agree with.

The travel time if you havr a limited amount of time you get online can be a bit much and i to don't really like it due to not getting as much time online but as someone said its pretty much the same in all decent MMO's.

The ones with auto travel are all really rubbish free to play games anyway.

I think they could do with reducing the quick travel timer as well 15 minutes would be ok but would prefer 10 or 5 myself haha.

Not enough reason for me to quit but still one side of the game i don't like.

I don't think the OP quite makes sense since auto-pilot doesn't make anything less boring or move any quicker. However I will agree that I think this game loses something due to the running around. This is supposed to be about the story and it can be quite fun when I'm running around fighting stuff for the story, but the 'exploration' and combat outside of completing a quest only serve to slow down the progress. There is nothing in that which wasn't done during the quest. For example, I make my way all the way down to the end of an underground complex, clearing out everything on the way, fight the big bad guy and progress the story... now I have to run all the way back through all the enemies I already killed? Pointless. Things like quick travel to dungeon entrance and quick travel to nearest qt point would be nice time savers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.