Sentinels - forced to use T7?

Ukinal

Does anyone else having problems with elites when they are using Kira? I can never seem til kill one, without popping everything I got... Kira dies in the matter of seconds (I really hate her in combat) I die pretty fast myself, even when I do interrupts. This is never a problem if I use T7 though, he is a beastly tank!

So, does anyone else feel like they are forced to use T7 for classquests and other quests that involves killing elites? Do the sentinel need a buff to survival?

T7 is the Sentinel companion, Kira is more for Guardians as Kira does the damage Guardians usually cant and T7 does the tanking that Sentinels cant.

I suppose you can outfit them differently (giving Kira loads of Endurance etc) but T7 is much better to have around than kira neways.

Edited by Bully

Exactly... I want to use Kira, just because she is a Jedi and she got a great story. But it's so gamebreaking, it's sad :(

Also, do we get other companions? Im 34 now, and still not even a hint to another companion.

Exactly... I want to use Kira, just because she is a Jedi and she got a great story. But it's so gamebreaking, it's sad :(

Also, do we get other companions? Im 34 now, and still not even a hint to another companion.

using a companion that compliments your character (ie a tank to hold threat for a DPS) is game breaking????

:rolleyes:

i have to say i dont even bother with t7 he just dies and does no damage im only lvl 26 and playing with a jedi consular friend but not had any major issues yet we have done all the 4 man hc's and the first 2 flash point just the 2 of us and our compainions. It's true some of the gold star elites in story mode and even normal qs do get in some nice damage and using cool downs is needed if im alone but they are mostly short cool downs any way they are there to be used.

using a companion that compliments your character (ie a tank to hold threat for a DPS) is game breaking????

:rolleyes:

Not what I meant :) I meant that being restricted to a companion I like less than the other is gamebreaking for me :) I want to use Kira, but I can't, since I can't do quests without T7

As you get more comfortable with the class you can get away with kira, or other less ideal companions.

Spec and crew skills also help.

I mentioned it in the other thread specifically asking about using kira.

I'm doing focus and biochem this run, and I'm using kira with no problems at all.

My stim paks from biochem are much stronger then what you get at a vendor. +28str and +10 power compared to a +28 str stim.

Medpaks are even a bigger differance. A vendor stim pak at like 16 is +1000 hp.

A biochem medpak has several options. I can make the most basic one at 16 for +1500 hp.

OR, I can make one that is +1500 AND 600 hp over 6s.

OR, I can make one that is +1000 hp to me AND my companion.

Or, I can make one that is +1000 hp to me and my companion, AND +400hp over 6s.

combat is a purely offensive tree, with all its damage at the top of the tree. it has little defense. And its Zen buff is completely terrible, until at least level 43.

Focus on the other hand, has at least 5% defense. Possibly, another heal in resolute. Way way way more damage early. Reducing the cds of master strike, force sweep, and bladestorm, increasing crit, and damage of your core moves, blade storm, force sweep, slash. And its ZEN is just godlike.

Watchman is similar. While no passive +def, the heals do add up to a decent amount of +survival. And the burns ignoring armor deal a good deal more damage vs bosses.

Kira is much easier to keep geared interestingly then T7. his parts dont randomly drop.

Light armor does.

But should mention as a point of advice. Use quest rewards/drops for yourself. use all those commendations you build up for your companion.

I'm not sure if the light/dark restrictions actually apply to her. But you can just buy one, and tear the mods out of it anyway.

Edited by MBirkhofer

As you get more comfortable with the class you can get away with kira, or other less ideal companions.

Spec and crew skills also help.

I mentioned it in the other thread specifically asking about using kira.

I'm doing focus and biochem this run, and I'm using kira with no problems at all.

My stim paks from biochem are much stronger then what you get at a vendor. +28str and +10 power compared to a +28 str stim.

Medpaks are even a bigger differance. A vendor stim pak at like 16 is +1000 hp.

A biochem medpak has several options. I can make the most basic one at 16 for +1500 hp.

OR, I can make one that is +1500 AND 600 hp over 6s.

OR, I can make one that is +1000 hp to me AND my companion.

Or, I can make one that is +1000 hp to me and my companion, AND +400hp over 6s.

combat is a purely offensive tree, with all its damage at the top of the tree. it has little defense. And its Zen buff is completely terrible, until at least level 43.

Focus on the other hand, has at least 5% defense. Possibly, another heal in resolute. Way way way more damage early. Reducing the cds of master strike, force sweep, and bladestorm, increasing crit, and damage of your core moves, blade storm, force sweep, slash. And its ZEN is just godlike.

Watchman is similar. While no passive +def, the heals do add up to a decent amount of +survival. And the burns ignoring armor deal a good deal more damage vs bosses.

Kira is much easier to keep geared interestingly then T7. his parts dont randomly drop.

Light armor does.

But should mention as a point of advice. Use quest rewards/drops for yourself. use all those commendations you build up for your companion.

I'm not sure if the light/dark restrictions actually apply to her. But you can just buy one, and tear the mods out of it anyway.

Thanks, I am combatspecced atm. I'll try the other specs and see if it gets easier :)

I started upgrading T7 early and have some pretty good stuff on him now. He is my main companion and will tank elites for me usually without dying. Groups of regular mobs and strongs don't even put a dent.
exactly, play smart and its not hard at all :D

exactly, play smart and its not hard at all :D

The issue isnt about "playing smart" it is about having choice.... I would rather not have T7 following me around. I keep Kiras gear upgraded and she does fine at the moment. I know T7 would be better but its not what I want.

You shouldnt be gimped by your choice of companion.

At Level 34 and through Chapter 1 of the class story there have only been a few times that felt I needed to have T7 or Kira.

The most notable was the fight that ended chapter 1 of the class quest; but that was mostly due to T7 having better gear; if I get Kira's slave girl outfitt modded up she would have been just fine.

i at first thought i would have issues with having Kira as my companion since shes not tank oriented, but in fact im actually burning through mobs/elites much faster than i did with T7. heck quite often she even aggros more than me, and by the time the attention goes back to me the mob/elite is already a quarter of the way down and me with plenty of health :cool:

I am lvl 34 and I've used Kira since I've gotten her. I've just gotten my 3rd companion now but i'll still use Kira unless I need the 3rd one for Story bosses, since they are rediculous.

The trick is to send her in first, let her generate threat for about 2 seconds and then force leap in.

Force Statis so she does DPS over the 3 seconds that he's stunned.

Then debuff his accuracy by 90% with the move (forgot name) as this will keep Kira's health up for just a little bit longer.

Now it's your turn to DPS cus she will have dealt enough damage to the enemy to keep them off of you, until she dies ofcourse (which she most likely will if it's an Elite, and if she does pop both of your defence CD's)

I still find Kira to be best. You can mow down enemies in a way quicker amount of time and just re-summon her/introspection as needed. The downtime is minimal, and the way you plow through mobs is way quicker than T-7 or Doc.

Doc would probably be better on elite fights, better than T-7 even I'd imagine.

Hey guys! (First post)

Why is no one mentioning the other 4 companions? I'm lvl 20 and have 3 companions already (that threepio like droid is pretty useless) and I believe there are up to 6 we can use in the end (Source).

Anyone have any info on the others?

To add to this topic, I find Kira to be very underwhelming and t7 is without a doubt my choice.