All These Angry/Quit Threads Makes Me Sad

Reppical

I'm happy with people leaving. It weeds out the whiners and makes it easier for quality players to meet up and enjoy each others company in the TOR world. Its also a great environment for RPers to thrive.

And when it's just you and the last women left in the galaxy she still wont sleep with you. That's all who will be left. Enjoy.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time to stop blaming SWTOR's failure on being a new game, don't you think? Here we are, months into the game and it's STILL missing most of the features MMORPG gamers have come to expect in a game, features other games have managed to include at release or shortly after.

More and more excuses. SWTOR is currently far more instant-gratification than WoW is.

Name some of those features ... NVM ... I'm sure you could publish a list of every feature from every MMO in history so miniscule (even if you had to make them up which I'm sure you would) that its sheer volume would make lesser minds than yours explode. Sorry. There's a difference between bringing issues to light and gratuitously trashing something ... your posts being the latter.

Wrong audience ... wrong lake.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Name some of those features ... NVM ... I'm sure you could fill pages of features from every MMO in history that are so miniscule (even if you had to make them up which I'm sure you would) it's sheer volume would make lesser minds than yours explode. Sorry. There's a difference between bringing issues to light and gratuitously trashing something ... your posts being the latter.

Sorry ... wrong lake.

Barbershop.

D3 is not an MMO. D3 doesn't have a monthly sub.

As a casual player, I got my $59.99 worth of D3 by beating Inferno on one toon and quitting. I am not a D3 fanatic and am not crazy about farming the AH for gear. However, I believe that I have got my money's worth.

Regarding Blizzard's problems in Korea - it's a legal technicality that Blizzard will lose because of Korean laws. Koreans are generally extremely hardcore gamers. If you had a Korean friend, you would have realized, how hardcore they are. Diablo 3 release didnt meet up to their QOS.

Tell me the name of another online PC game that had to deal with the tremendous pressure of having to support 6.5 million users going online during the first week of release. Yes, Blizzard failed to provide a smooth start. But they were operating in technical limitations way beyond their expectations. And way beyond any online company has ever dealt with before.

I like SWTOR. I still play it. And I really do want it to succeed. This game is my best bet of fulfilling a childhood fantasy of losing myself in a Star Wars world.

As an independent gamer with no affiliation I play both Blizzard and Bioware games with equal passion. I like Shepard & the ME franchise as much as I like Jim Raynor and the Starcraft franchise. I like DA as much as I like Warcraft. Why should I hate either Blizzard or BW. Fanboism is immature. Hating a game just because a certain company is making them is very immature. Judge a product by its own merit. Not by its maker. A solid professional rivalry between BW and Blizz improves the quality of product they release which is beneficial for the end-user (us gamers).

Excellent post! Right on the mark too. Competition is good for all gamers. Those who try to compare TOR to D3 as a MMO comparision have no clue what a MMO is. lol! :D Blizzard still sold a min of twice as many copies of D3 as BioWare did with TOR. :cool:

Name some of those features ... NVM ... I'm sure you publish a list of every feature from every MMO in history that are so miniscule (even if you had to make them up which I'm sure you would) whose sheer volume would make lesser minds than yours explode. Sorry. There's a difference between bringing issues to light and gratuitously trashing something ... your posts being the latter.

Wrong audience ... wrong lake.

Guild tools and guild perks

Barbershop

Mentoring

Dynanic events

Large scale PVP WvW RvR ... whatever you want to call it

Housing or some form of ship customization

Click link gtn search

Dual Spec

An achievement system... no the codex is not an achievement system

To name a few.

Edited by Soluss

You know what I find a little odd? EVERY person that I have asked why WoW is better than SWTOR, they can't answer me. They stare at me blankly with a stupid look, or come up with dumb excuses, or change the subject. Every person I have talked to, even my neighbor who is a HUGE wow freak, can't even come up with anything why it's a better mmo than TOR. Cause there are a lot of things in TOR that wow doesn't have. Movable windows and customizable UI for two.

But anyway, not one person I have talked to in real life for an opinion on mmos can tell me why WoW is a better game. They just all give me a blank stare.

You want to know why? Because WoW is still nothing but a fad. It's the "cool" mmorpg to be into still. It's the "wow has this many subs and I don't want to feel like I'm left out so I will play and tell myself I love it" type of deal. The reason why it is so big and popular is because it is a train. More people went onto the WoW train when they saw how many other people were going onto the game because they didn't want to feel ...left out...in a way by their friends who played it or called a nerd for NOT playing it. That's why it's sooo big. Yes, there are people who love it for the game. But the reason why it's so big is because it's one thing. A FAD.

Within a 7 months? Try 28. Let's see here ... Barbershops in capital cities ... Patch 3.0.2 ... 4 years after launch (LK release.) When did LOTRO and Guild Wars implement theirs?

This is 2012 not 2004

Guild tools and guild perks

Barbershop

Mentoring

Dynanic events

Large scale PVP WvW RvR ... whatever you want to call it

Housing or some form of ship customization

Click link gtn search

Dual Spec

An achievement system... no the codex is not an achievement system

To name a few.

How many MMOs had all this when they launched?

You know what I find a little odd? EVERY person that I have asked why WoW is better than SWTOR, they can't answer me. They stare at me blankly with a stupid look, or come up with dumb excuses, or change the subject. Every person I have talked to, even my neighbor who is a HUGE wow freak, can't even come up with anything why it's a better mmo than TOR. Cause there are a lot of things in TOR that wow doesn't have. Movable windows and customizable UI for two.

But anyway, not one person I have talked to in real life for an opinion on mmos can tell me why WoW is a better game. They just all give me a blank stare.

You want to know why? Because WoW is still nothing but a fad. It's the "cool" mmorpg to be into still. It's the "wow has this many subs and I don't want to feel like I'm left out so I will play and tell myself I love it" type of deal. The reason why it is so big and popular is because it is a train. More people went onto the WoW train when they saw how many other people were going onto the game because they didn't want to feel ...left out...in a way by their friends who played it or called a nerd for NOT playing it. That's why it's sooo big. Yes, there are people who love it for the game. But the reason why it's so big is because it's one thing. A FAD.

While I am not a personal fan of WoW.... a fad doesnt last 8+ years. Fads die in 6 months. ToR would be more a fad then WoW. Why do people not quit? Because the people that play have connections in game that they dont want to lose. Reguardless of how one feels about WoW, and remember I dont like it either, the game has a lot of things to do and is generally just fun for many people.

People spent 8 years playing WoW. Thats alot of money and time invested just to move to another game that has less content. The better question would be ... what does ToR have that WoW doesnt. Please dont say story because, even though the story and voice acting is great, it gets old and its over fast. How many times do you truely want to do balmorra or any other planet before you start hitting that space bar on anything besides new class quests?

How many MMOs had all this when they launched?

Different MMOs had some of it at launch or shortly thereafter. Again... this is 2012, not 2004. Any company worth its salt would include features that they know players are going to want. Any company worth its salt would research what those features are.

Edited by Soluss

While I am not a personal fan of WoW.... a fad doesnt last 8+ years. Fads die in 6 months. ToR would be more a fad then WoW. Why do people not quit? Because the people that play have connections in game that they dont want to lose. Reguardless of how one feels about WoW, and remember I dont like it either, the game has a lot of things to do and is generally just fun for many people.

People spent 8 years playing WoW. Thats alot of money and time invested just to move to another game that has less content. The better question would be ... what does ToR have that WoW doesnt. Please dont say story because, even though the story and voice acting is great, it gets old and its over fast. How many times do you truely want to do balmorra or any other planet before you start hitting that space bar on anything besides new class quests?

Well...I guess I'm that one person that has NEVER hit the space bar in this game. I put myself in a completely different mindset every single time I make a new character. I make different choices and notice more stuff. How many times you ask? Well...I have 29 alts now. Deleted 2 cause thought I was getting bad. But yeah..I don't spacebar. So there is your answer.

Well...I guess I'm that one person that has NEVER hit the space bar in this game. I put myself in a completely different mindset every single time I make a new character. I make different choices and notice more stuff. How many times you ask? Well...I have 29 alts now. Deleted 2 cause thought I was getting bad. But yeah..I don't spacebar. So there is your answer.

Im glad you enjoy reading the same book or watching the same movie 29 times. I dont mean that as disrespect. Many people do not. I tried and cant do it. It doesnt matter what choices I pick, the outcome is the same. The choices, to me, just give a temporary illusion until you realize that the story has the same ending, plot, subplot. Changing 2 lines of a chapter does not really change the book any. Its like deleted scenes in a movie. I use to watch those on every DVD that I bought. After a while, it wasnt a big deal because the scense were like....someone saying "I cant believe you did that to my mamm!" the actual scene was cut to "I cant believe you did that!"

Edited by Soluss

Different MMOs had some of it at launch or shortly thereafter. Again... this is 2012, not 2004. Any company worth its salt would include features that they know players are going to want. Any company worth its salt would research what those features are.

Hmm..Soluss you seem to be in this thread a lot. Let's get to the underlying issues here. Do you like this game? Do you love WoW? Do you not want to be here but like somehow staying on the forums just for kicks? I'm seriously asking these questions now. Not to be a sarcastic moron or something. I need to know.

So SWTOR needs to have everything everyone wants in an MMO or it will fail miserably? Sadly that MMO will never exist. Arguing that Star Wars should have been that MMO is little more than confrontational troll bait.

/discussion. You have a great evening.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Hmm..Soluss you seem to be in this thread a lot. Let's get to the underlying issues here. Do you like this game? Do you love WoW? Do you not want to be here but like somehow staying on the forums just for kicks? I'm seriously asking these questions now. Not to be a sarcastic moron or something. I need to know.

I am in a lot of threads. Unfortunately I am finding more entertainment here then the game. Lets try to answer your questions....

Do I like this game? Yes, love it... just needs alot more. I currently pay and play once in a blue moon. Mostly during raids but I dable on my alts here and there.

Do I love WoW? No couldnt stand it... I was from the Everquest crowd.

Do you not want to be here but like somehow staying on the forums just for kicks? Of course I want to be here but currently there is nothing for me to log in for except the twice a week raids. I do get a kick out of the forums but I am not here trolling. I have issues with the game and even though I am negative about a lot of things... Im here because I want to see the game get better.

So SWTOR needs to have everything everyone wants in an MMO or it will fail miserably? Sadly that MMO will never exist. Arguing that Star Wars should have been that MMO is little more than confrontational troll bait.

/discussion. You have a great evening.

So now I am a troll because I think the game is in a poor state atm? I think you should learn what the word "troll" means before you go throwing it around at people.

Did I say that I expect every single feature in game? Nope ... but you asked for a list of features and I gave them to you. Did I say the game will fail miserably? Nope... but you cannot deny its not doing as well as it should have and its getting worse. Its funny that games on a much lesser budget had alot of these features with a much smaller developing staff and here you are defending a shell of a game.

Let me ask you something... if this MMO was not star wars... how would you feel about this game? Lets say this game was called World of Warcraft 2. Would you have even looked at it?

Edited by Soluss

Gentlemen lets try to keep this professional. Everyone is entitled their opinions but pointing figures and bashing someone should not assist you in speaking that opinion.

I would like to say that I do not believe WoW is a "fad". I believe WoW is doing so well because it was the first... the first to do what? The first to do EVERYTHING mass players wanted. Being the first to have a LFG tool, have raids, have quests which assist in the grind to max level, so on and so forth. Now how long can that really hold up? I can't tell you because WoW is still in the top charts.

I however would like to know that TOR having the largest budget to work with than any MMO not to mention the staff etc... not produce a more addictive game. Not saying this game sucks, far from, the content is RICH so rich... but i would have to agree getting to 50 takes a month tops for college students (based on myself and my friends). I would imagine it takes about 2-3months for regular working individuals, could be wrong but that seems like enough time. What I am trying to say is the game does not have enough content from the start. I also found it a little upsetting when I found out that each faction had similar questing areas and by similar i mean nearly identical, the only difference was the class quests... how many quests is that total? 14? Something like that. Oddly I thought (before launch) that the planets would be larger, that each class had its own starting locations and would come together on the same planet sure but still had widely different quest lines, other than simple side quests. What the planets are currently are large side quests hubs housing the linear class quest.

You know what I find a little odd? EVERY person that I have asked why WoW is better than SWTOR, they can't answer me. They stare at me blankly with a stupid look, or come up with dumb excuses, or change the subject. .

LOL My mate has the same reaction or just plainly say coz it's crap....that's not really a proper answer.

I am in a lot of threads. Unfortunately I am finding more entertainment here then the game. Lets try to answer your questions....

Do I like this game? Yes, love it... just needs alot more. I currently pay and play once in a blue moon. Mostly during raids but I dable on my alts here and there.

Do I love WoW? No couldnt stand it... I was from the Everquest crowd.

Do you not want to be here but like somehow staying on the forums just for kicks? Of course I want to be here but currently there is nothing for me to log in for except the twice a week raids. I do get a kick out of the forums but I am not here trolling. I have issues with the game and even though I am negative about a lot of things... Im here because I want to see the game get better.

Phew..ok. At least you like the game. And don't worry buddy. More will come in time :)

BTW...I have a screen that's hooked up to my laptop next to me and on the forums WHILE playing the game :p That's why somedays I'm here full force. :D

So now I am a troll because I think the game is in a poor state atm? I think you should learn what the word "troll" means before you go throwing it around at people.

Did I say that I expect every single feature in game? Nope ... but you asked for a list of features and I gave them to you. Did I say the game will fail miserably? Nope... but you cannot deny its not doing as well as it should have and its getting worse. Its funny that games on a much lesser budget had alot of these features with a much smaller developing staff and here you are defending a shell of a game.

Let me ask you something... if this MMO was not star wars... how would you feel about this game? Lets say this game was called World of Warcraft 2. Would you have even looked at it?

I will un-/ my /dicussion to answer your question as there may have been some confusion with my response. When one reads my words as typed:
and then compares it to your first post which states "Any company worth its salt would include features that they know players are going to want." ... then yes - assuming those expectations are real. Common sense dictates that placating the specific wants of millions of players with a single title is just not possible.

To answer your question - yes I would still be playing it. I have been looking for a good Sci-Fi MMORPG for quite awhile. SWG was too artsy fartsy for my tastes, and STO was just plain bad. I was fortunate enough to have tested closed & open beta and like what I saw. I still like what I see and 1.2's custom UI cemented the deal for me.

For what it's worth, I find it interesting that you raid twice a week and are here defending the game yet think of me as someone who is defending a shell of a game.

Edited by GalacticKegger

I will un-/ my /dicussion to answer your question as there may have been some confusion with my response. When one reads my words as typed: and then compares it to your first post which states "Any company worth its salt would include features that they know players are going to want." ... then yes - assuming those expectations are real. Common sense dictates that placating the specific wants of millions of players with a single title is just not possible.

For what it's worth, I find it interesting that you raid twice a week and are here defending the game yet think of me as someone who is defending a shell of a game.

what a load of rubbish. Why cant a game have lfg / dps meters / decent ui / good looking gear / good lvling content / good endgame?

are you truly so blinded by the big mmo companies that you think its asking too much of a company that spent half a billion dollars on a game to include the features its paying customers want?

At least several had a few of them. SWTOR still has none of them.

exactly. it wasn't that swtor fell a little short of what was required outside of content, as far as things the community was screaming for, they failed at nearly everything. after 4 months, they finally added 2 things the community had asked for, but backed out of others (including dps meter) without so much as a reason or explanation.