Star Wars fun facts

louckskids

A few that you may know of. When Jango boards his ship after the fight with obi wan, he bangs his head on the door in homage to the scene where the stormtrooper does it in New hope.

As Han is being prepped to be lowered into the carbon freeze chamber, his vest appears and disappears in cuts between his and leia's dialogue.

At the end of ESB lando is wearing Han's clothes when you see him onboard the falcon.

Originally Red leader knew Anakin was lukes father before scene was edited.

plenty of other easter eggs in the films if you know where to look.

There is an IG-88 model droid in the furnace room on Cloud City in the background when Chewie is fighting with the Ughnauts.

Ian McDiarmid was younger when he played the Emperor in RotJ, and had to use lots of makeup.

For the PT, he was actually the correct age chronologically for Palpatine, and was able to portray him without much adjustment to his appearance, until the lightning scene with Mace Windu in RotS.

Dengar was an Imperial Trooper at one point, and the chestplate of his armor is actually the same as those seen on the Imperial SnowTroopers.

Dengar, Bossk, Boba Fett and Zuckuss are all in attendance at Jabba's Palace in RotJ.

speaking of dengar and the rest of the bounty hunters, there is a book (i actually have it) called tales of the bounty hunters.

Most of the stories are good (Except ig-88, where there's 4 of him, and one outsmarts the emperor, and bossk's, which is just confusing) especially Boba Fett's

speaking of dengar and the rest of the bounty hunters, there is a book (i actually have it) called tales of the bounty hunters.

Most of the stories are good (Except ig-88, where there's 4 of him, and one outsmarts the emperor, and bossk's, which is just confusing) especially Boba Fett's

I really like that book, although I thought Tales from the Cantina was better.

That poor little Jawa Terrorist cracks me up!

One fun fact that always bothered me:

All the posters for ANH show Luke holding his lightsaber up like Excalibur or something.

The whole movie, the only time he uses it is to fight the practice remote on the Falcon!!

Otherwise he just uses a blaster.

Bugged me to no end when I was a kid.

I really like that book, although I thought Tales from the Cantina was better.

That poor little Jawa Terrorist cracks me up!

One fun fact that always bothered me:

All the posters for ANH show Luke holding his lightsaber up like Excalibur or something.

The whole movie, the only time he uses it is to fight the practice remote on the Falcon!!

Otherwise he just uses a blaster.

Bugged me to no end when I was a kid.

Fun Fact: Boris Vallejo did the poster for A New Hope.

Fun Fact: Boris Vallejo did the poster for A New Hope.

And he spoofed his own poster when he made the poster for National Lampoon's Vacation.

Fun Fact: When filming the OT, Lucas told Mark Hamill, David Prowse and Alec Guiness that although they were made of "light", the lightsabers would actually be heavy, and should be wielded in the same manner as the heavy swords a knight would use.

It was only when prepping for the PT that he made the decision to make them a bit "lighter" so the style was closer to fencing than sword-fighting.

This is why you see Luke, Vader and Obi-Wan often holding their lightsabers in two hands instead of just one, and why the fight style seemed more choppy rather than the smooth flow of the new films.

Edited by TheChervil

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if this has been covered but

1. Darth Vader = Dark Father

which a clue as to him being Luke's father although originally Luke's father was just supposed to be a high ranking Admiral

2. The star wars scroll text at the start of each movie was originally done by hand for "A New Hope" but later they changed it to computer and it wasn't even i the original theater versions

3. Palpatine is the only actor to appear in every movie and he plays the same person the whole time (In the original trilogy they did a great job with makeup)

4. The reason that Han was put into crio-sleep was because Harrison Ford hated the character and they didn't know if he's come back in the third movie

5. It wasn't called "Star Wars Episode 4 A New Hope" it was called chapters taken from the journals of (some Jedi guy whose name I forget and can't find on google)

Granted most of this came from Cracked.com but it's still interesting

3. Palpatine is the only actor to appear in every movie and he plays the same person the whole time (In the original trilogy they did a great job with makeup)

This is incorrect, Ian McDiarmid did not appear in Episode 4 because Palpatine didn't. Anthony Daniels was the only actor to appear in all 6 films to my knowledge (I believe R2-D2 was either CGI or a real robot in one of the pre-equal episodes, although Kenny Baker was credited).

This is incorrect, Ian McDiarmid did not appear in Episode 4 because Palpatine didn't. Anthony Daniels was the only actor to appear in all 6 films to my knowledge (I believe R2-D2 was either CGI or a real robot in one of the pre-equal episodes, although Kenny Baker was credited).

Sorry he is the only person to play the same character in both trilogies (as in each character that was in both trilogies wsa played by more than one actor at some point or another)

Sorry he is the only person to play the same character in both trilogies (as in each character that was in both trilogies wsa played by more than one actor at some point or another)

Palpatine was portrayed by two different actors. The first appearance of Palpatine, in Empire Strikes back, Palpatine appeared as a hologram speaking to Vader, was Elaine Baker, in the rereleased /edited version Ian put into the movie.

Anthony Daniels is the only actor who appeared in all 6 movies, and the only one to play the same role, of C-3PO. But in other media(Games/cartoons), C-3PO has been voiced by different actors.

Fun Fact: George Lucas created a "Holiday Special" for Star Wars. It included Han Solo and Chewie traveling back to Chewie's home planet where he would celebrate "Life Day" with his family.

The entire short film is in 100% Wookie Dialect with subtitles. It was only aired on Television twice, ever. George Lucas defined it as his biggest failure and personally vowed to destroy any copy. But thank god for people like us, saving every bit of comedy gold.

And yes, it's real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special

George lucas didnt actually make the Holiday Special, another company offered to do it and George Lucas signed off on it, he didnt oversee it, write for it, or even produce for it, and never realized how bad it was until seeing the final product himself. Remember at the time George Lucas was still having major stress issues with his main work and couldnt do much on the side.

Infact, it could be said that the holiday special is why lucas refused to let anyone else touch the prequels, paranoid of a repeat incident so to speak.

Fun Fact:

We know that Lucas' films always have a reference (sometimes multiple) to THX-1138.

Last night, I was watching ESB with my wife with the captions on and saw one that I had always missed before.

When Han and Chewie go to check out the probe droid, a Rebel says to send "patrol 10 and 11 to sector 38".

Probably heard it a hundred times, but never connected it until I saw it "written" on the screen.

Not sure if anyone posted these:

Darth Vader's Helmet is modeled after that of the samurai Date Masamune (He's on of the units for the Date clan in Total War, Shogun 2, ironically the clan I play in it is Date).

The sound effect for Jabba the Hutt moving is created by the sound developers squishing their hands around in a bowl of mac & cheese.

In the 1980s, there was a Star Wars themed cereal called C-3PO's.

Fun Fact: George Lucas created a "Holiday Special" for Star Wars. It included Han Solo and Chewie traveling back to Chewie's home planet where he would celebrate "Life Day" with his family.

The entire short film is in 100% Wookie Dialect with subtitles. It was only aired on Television twice, ever. George Lucas defined it as his biggest failure and personally vowed to destroy any copy. But thank god for people like us, saving every bit of comedy gold.

And yes, it's real.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special

This was also the first canonized appearance of Boba Fett. He was one of the main villains of the special, had dialogue and was even named, unlike in Empire and Jedi, and until EU came along this was what established his rivalry with Han Solo; Han was the first bounty Boba failed to collect.

This was why Boba's action figure was released prior to Empire, why he had next to no dialogue in Empire or Jedi, and why he went out like a punk in Jedi: Because he was a product of the holiday special and Lucas didn't like him back then.

Edited by Malles

Anakin uses a green light saber while walking the plank on Jabba's pleasure barge in RoTJ because the blue one he usually uses would not show up on the bright blue sky of the desert that they were filming in. He returns to a blue saber once the fight scene is finnished.

Not directly aimed at the Star Wars films....... but

By all acounts if you watch one of the flight shots of the Spinner (police car) in Blade Runner (also Harrison Ford), there is supposed to be a Mellinium Falcon disguised as one of the buildings they are flying over.

Anakin uses a green light saber while walking the plank on Jabba's pleasure barge in RoTJ because the blue one he usually uses would not show up on the bright blue sky of the desert that they were filming in. He returns to a blue saber once the fight scene is finnished..

You mean Luke. Sorry for being nit-picky.