[Guide] PVE Scoundrel Healing

Elbmuh

Yeah, but the difference between 75% and 78.4% wont be a lot, so i agree with you. Also we use DS that restores us energy when crit so if we have a bit more of alacrity it'll help, personally, more than 2% of surge. Also the alacrity can help us in a moment where we have to big heal some tank or healer that is dying. So i think a bit of alacrity will be a bit useful for Scoundrels (of course that is the last secondary stat we should consider, after soft capping crit and surge)

PS: before changing...you had the best armorings and where do we have to rip them off. I think the better armoring came from the boots? Which ones are the best for campaign?

Thanks!

Edited by numore

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but the difference between 75% and 78.4% wont be a lot, so i agree with you. Also we use DS that restores us energy when crit so if we have a bit more of alacrity it'll help, personally, more than 2% of surge. Also the alacrity can help us in a moment where we have to big heal some tank or healer that is dying. So i think a bit of alacrity will be a bit useful for Scoundrels (of course that is the last secondary stat we should consider, after soft capping crit and surge)

PS: before changing...you had the best armorings and where do we have to rip them off. I think the better armoring came from the boots? Which ones are the best for campaign?

Thanks!

The best campaign armoring comes from the Campaign Field Medic's Headgear. The other campaign piece doesn't matter because the rest provide the same cunning and endurance.

The best chest armoring comes from Black Hole Mender's MK-3 Suit and Black Hole Targeter's MK-3 Jacket.

The best hands armoring comes from Black Hole Mender's MK-3 Gloves, Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Gloves (50 black hole commendations), and Black Hole Trapper's MK-2 Gloves.

The best legs armoring comes from Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Leggings, Black Hole Targeter's MK-3 Leggings, and Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Leggings (55 black hole commendations).

The best feet armoring comes from Black Hole Mender's MK-1 Boots (50 black hole commendations), Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Boots, and Black Hole Trapper's MK-1 Boots (55 black hole commendations).

The easiest way to get both of the 2 piece set bonuses is to get the Campaign head gear, Campaign chest piece, PVP gloves, and PVP legs. I suggest making your own boots with an orange shell and one of the armoring from the black hole boots because it's pretty hard to get your hands on campaign boots since they only drop from the Nightmare Pilgrim.

I have also been checking the relics. Is it really worth using 2 power burst relics, instead of 1 power burst and 1 consisting healing relic(matrix cube)

My reasons are:

1)As we are raid HOT healers, i would prefer having 80 cunning that provides not only a good consisting bonus healing but also provides us critical chance increast. Consequently we are going to be able to heal consistentively through the raid and also using the power burst in cases that we need big raid healing.

2)As power burst relic can only be used once every 2 minutes and it depends a lot on the situation we have in front of us, I mean some time the CD pops but we dont need at that moment the burst that the power relic provides us, but we are going to "to be able" to use to bonus of the matrix cube. So, we can some times have 2, 3 or even 4min without really using the relic in a profitable way.

3) Using the information given in the 2nd point, i was also forced to look at the campaign mending relic. As you said, its a small burst of healing but it will be always up because it doesnt depend on the usage. About this point im not sure. Because there are some occasions where we are going to use this small burst even if we dont want to use it (as is automatic). So I will ask for help at this 3rd point, because i havent done NM EV or KP yet. So maybe we are force to use this big burst, or we can only depend on consisting healing through the raid.

Thanks for all the help you have provided me with your guide and with all the discussions explained here

I have also been checking the relics. Is it really worth using 2 power burst relics, instead of 1 power burst and 1 consisting healing relic(matrix cube)

My reasons are:

1)As we are raid HOT healers, i would prefer having 80 cunning that provides not only a good consisting bonus healing but also provides us critical chance increast. Consequently we are going to be able to heal consistentively through the raid and also using the power burst in cases that we need big raid healing.

2)As power burst relic can only be used once every 2 minutes and it depends a lot on the situation we have in front of us, I mean some time the CD pops but we dont need at that moment the burst that the power relic provides us, but we are going to "to be able" to use to bonus of the matrix cube. So, we can some times have 2, 3 or even 4min without really using the relic in a profitable way.

3) Using the information given in the 2nd point, i was also forced to look at the campaign mending relic. As you said, its a small burst of healing but it will be always up because it doesnt depend on the usage. About this point im not sure. Because there are some occasions where we are going to use this small burst even if we dont want to use it (as is automatic). So I will ask for help at this 3rd point, because i havent done NM EV or KP yet. So maybe we are force to use this big burst, or we can only depend on consisting healing through the raid.

Thanks for all the help you have provided me with your guide and with all the discussions explained here

The War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages is straight power, it is not an activate ability, and will give you more HPS than the cunning from the matrix cube. The only reason to grab the matrix cube over the War Hero relic is to get an extra boost in critical chance.

You are right about the mending relic. You don't choose when it activates. It just randomly has a chance to heal. It is limited to only happening once every 20 seconds, but you can rely on it happening at least twice a minute. I'll let you calculate the HPS assuming that.

I only say to grab the Campaign Relic of Boundless Ages if you are not Biochem and you want a burst cooldown. If you don't care for burst cooldowns, the War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages is superior.

If you are just going for straight HPS, two War Hero Relics of Boundless Ages will give you the best results.

Oh your are right about war hero relics. Im so sorry, i confused with other relics!.

I agree with you about the HPS if i am going for straight power, we should definitely go for 2 war heroes power relic, unless you need that critical burst damage (i guess that depends more on the itemnization).

But your personally opinion about campaign relic. Is it really worth it taking an activate relic instead of consisting power burst? If so, why?

Oh your are right about war hero relics. Im so sorry, i confused with other relics!.

I agree with you about the HPS if i am going for straight power, we should definitely go for 2 war heroes power relic, unless you need that critical burst damage (i guess that depends more on the itemnization).

But your personally opinion about campaign relic. Is it really worth it taking an activate relic instead of consisting power burst? If so, why?

It really is just a personal preference. I don't have biochem, and I don't want to spend money on adrenals so it's nice to have a burst cooldown to sit on.

Mathematically, the flat power is FAR superior and will add much more to healing. If you're a "hardcore" raid healer, you probably wouldn't grab this relic. Even the ephemeral mending relic would be better.

After rereading a lot of this thread and perusing your gear builds this is what i've come up with for my play style.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/d8ae014f-66d1-4e38-8713-d35637dc8d6d

Looks good!

Just want to note one thing:

The Campaign Field Medic's Headgear (Armoring) actually carries the most cunning out of all the other Campaign Field Medic's armorings, so you're missing out on a tiny bit. I also understand that this might have been intnetional in order for you to get more cunning. If you used Battlemaster Field Medic's Gloves/Boots with an Advanced Skill Armoring 26 and used the Campaign Filed Medic's Headgear (Armoring) in any open headgear, you can gain 11 cunning and lose 11 endurance. Just a thought.

How does the bonus piece of the Battlemaster gear works? Is not as the WH that comes with the armoring right?
Right. The Battlemaster pieces carry the bonus on the shell, not the armoring. However, if you put a Campaign armoring into a Battlemaster piece, it will use the Campaign bonus, not the Battlemaster bonus.

War Hero pieces carry the bonus on the armoring and not the shell.

Edited by Elbmuh

Well im not able right now to get the armoring 26, but for instance i put advanced skill armoring 25, the one that we put in the belt...will it work the battle master bonus?

Yes, it will still have the Battlemaster bonus, regardless of the armoring you use.

I'm interested in why you say that SRMP procs upperhand off a crit every 30 secs? It procs upperhand off a tick (crit or not) at a 30% chance once every 6 seconds.

You're right. I wrote the skills off the top of my head, and for some reason that's how I thought it worked. I will update the guide. Thanks for catching this!

do u have any idea how much costs a Advanced skill armorin 25 aprox?
I was able to grab one for 650k on Jedi Covenant.

I haven't seen any Advanced Skill Armoring 26.

Edited by Elbmuh

Looks good!

Just want to note one thing:

The Campaign Field Medic's Headgear (Armoring) actually carries the most cunning out of all the other Campaign Field Medic's armorings, so you're missing out on a tiny bit. I also understand that this might have been intnetional in order for you to get more cunning. If you used Battlemaster Field Medic's Gloves/Boots with an Advanced Skill Armoring 26 and used the Campaign Filed Medic's Headgear (Armoring) in any open headgear, you can gain 11 cunning and lose 11 endurance. Just a thought.

I took that helmet for the look i like so it is worth it to me to lose that tiny amount of cunning for the look I want.