refusing to transfer cause I want to play not sit around

FeekSands

Well everytime I logged in Harbinger had a 10 minute wait time, so if they have raised the cap which it sounds like they did, then there shouldn't be any wait times anymore. And to those who can play 6 hours at at ime..well...I could say someithing but why bother.....What should be asked is why did the 400k subscriberss leave as mentioned by one Person....There is an issue right there. Edited by FeekSands
update

So...you'd rather sit around on a dead server than queue from time to time?

Look, I suggest either playing at off-peak hours if your schedule allows for it, or cancelling your subscription if you feel that strongly about waiting a few minutes. Jeez Louise, take a chill pill.

I predict a lock.

Well if you don't do the free transfer, you're going to do a forced transfer in the future. Bioware lost 400k subs (as of April) so with that lost revenue they have to cut some costs. The easiest thing to do is consolidate servers to cut back on their hardware and bandwidth costs.

Not to mention it's easier to get a new player to stay if he logs in to see an active server. If they log in to a ghost town, they may be less inclined to subscribe.

I can only speak for the server I transferred to, but i've only been in a queue twice on the bastion and both times it was less than 5 minutes. I don't see any more lag then my old dead server(the maw) which is basically zero, but there are a ton more options for pvp/fps, etc with all the players around.

I have refused to transfer my charactor to the assigned server for the main reason, I pay money every month to play this game, not sit in a queue waiting to play. I live a full time life and I want to play when I can but if I am moved to Harbinger which is always full with a wait time, I'll be wasting money. I shouldn't have to give up my charactor because BioWare blew it (even faster than SOE did with SWG). Are they looking at populations and seeing that it is over populated? I suspect they are doing it hoping people like me will pay even more money to move to a server that has room. I love this game but I don't know if I am willing to continue paying the money. Sure it is not as rich or deep in game play as SWG was and I know it was designed to be an FPS with multiplayer capabilities not an MMORPG, but I sadly believed the hype bought the game early, beta tested, starting playing before release and well, feel BIOWARE is really like all corporations who just care about money and not the custormer. So still debating how long to stay since I see that in the patch notes, I will be automatically transfered against my will soon. Sadly this is a game my hubby and I like to play together. I hope Bioware can stop the "bleeding" of subs with more than a band aid. The game has great potential.

I have seriously not waited more than 2 minutes in queue since transfers, and I don't mean 2 minutes each time, I mean 2 minutes in total time waited in queue over the entire time I've played this game.

What server are you on that it's that bad? Even a 10 minute wait is nothing. You can't be living that "full time" of a life if your perspective is so skewed over such a minor issue. I simply can't understand why you would rather play in a dead server where you wait and wait forever as opposed to playing in a full server where you wait maybe a minute before logging in and get to play with thousands of people.

If you don't want to play with people and the tiny wait is too much an issue, you really chose the wrong genre of game, my dear.

I understand your position OP. I was there also and refuse to transfer. They can force my chars to wherever they want because at this point it does not matter. The state the game is in now is not worth a sub for me. But I do still have hope and will keep a eye open on the progress of it. And maybe one day come back. But I am not willing to pay a sub as I wait. :p

Tomb, which was the busiest server after transfers no longer has queues, where it was as much as 30mins or so (Game estimate of over 1hour). The fleets are still very busy, like 3 instances, so I can only assume they upped the server cap.

I dunno if theyve done this for all of them, but I imagine they have. So transfer, get some free goodies and enjoy the game.

Your fears are unfounded. Queues are nearly non-existent. They may re-occur for a short time when new content is introduced, but it really isn't an issue. I've waited longer at the DMV, or Costco, or wherever. Are you the person who is honking the horn at the toll booth? Yelling for more checkers in the supermarket? Racing around people in the fast lane who were going 75mph to begin with? Besides, having full servers is so much better than a ghost town.

Your fears are unfounded. Queues are nearly non-existent. They may re-occur for a short time when new content is introduced, but it really isn't an issue. I've waited longer at the DMV, or Costco, or wherever. Are you the person who is honking the horn at the toll booth? Yelling for more checkers in the supermarket? Racing around people in the fast lane who were going 75mph to begin with? Besides, having full servers is so much better than a ghost town.

Agreed ^^^

I have refused to transfer my charactor to the assigned server for the main reason, I pay money every month to play this game, not sit in a queue waiting to play. I live a full time life and I want to play when I can but if I am moved to Harbinger which is always full with a wait time, I'll be wasting money. I shouldn't have to give up my charactor because BioWare blew it (even faster than SOE did with SWG). Are they looking at populations and seeing that it is over populated? I suspect they are doing it hoping people like me will pay even more money to move to a server that has room. I love this game but I don't know if I am willing to continue paying the money. Sure it is not as rich or deep in game play as SWG was and I know it was designed to be an FPS with multiplayer capabilities not an MMORPG, but I sadly believed the hype bought the game early, beta tested, starting playing before release and well, feel BIOWARE is really like all corporations who just care about money and not the custormer. So still debating how long to stay since I see that in the patch notes, I will be automatically transfered against my will soon. Sadly this is a game my hubby and I like to play together. I hope Bioware can stop the "bleeding" of subs with more than a band aid. The game has great potential.

I guarantee my life is busier than yours and I'll gladly wait in a queue for a few minutes. At least I know the server is busy.

sorry,later o nthis summer,theyll be forcefully transferring everyone that hasnt transferred.....you wont be able to avoid it

I'm a busy guy.

I've never understood why people with time constraints don't just log in early... I mean, I somehow doubt you're walking in your door and sitting at you pc to play, so walk in... turn it on... log in... join queue.... go shower..... wash up.... have something to eat.... talk to your family.... do your chores, all the while checking in occasionally and clicking to join or moving to stay logged in.

I sometimes stay logged in doing crew skills all day, just checking in every 15 - 20 minutes to stay logged in or update my missions.

/shrug

I'm a busy guy.

I've never understood why people with time constraints don't just log in early... I mean, I somehow doubt you're walking in your door and sitting at you pc to play, so walk in... turn it on... log in... join queue.... go shower..... wash up.... have something to eat.... talk to your family.... do your chores, all the while checking in occasionally and clicking to join or moving to stay logged in.

I sometimes stay logged in doing crew skills all day, just checking in every 15 - 20 minutes to stay logged in or update my missions.

/shrug

I don't believe they actually wait either.

dramadramadramadramadramadrama

dramadramadramadramadramadrama

keep going man,we need to impress this point upon the OP,as he/she doesnt seem to understand that there is no point in being stubborn

there is no point in it at all...people like the op will not be able to resist,they will be forced to transfer whether they like it or not....bioware has spoken,and in this case,people like the op cannot defy bioware`s word,because bioware controls there character`s fates

resistence,is futile

and personally,im on bioware`s side...

I have refused to transfer my charactor to the assigned server for the main reason, I pay money every month to play this game, not sit in a queue waiting to play.

A legitimate concern - so let's look at actual data.

Here's The Harbinger as of the last 30 days.

http://www.torstatus.net/the-harbinger/trends/30d

The Harbinger is at standard or heavy 80%+ of the time, which means no queue.

Let's look at the 24 hr profile averaged over the last 30 days

http://www.torstatus.net/the-harbinger/24h/30d

The Harbinger appears to only peak to full at about an hour at 11 US EST DST. I'm not sure what time zone you're in, so you'll have to translate that to something meaningful.

Let's look at the weekly profile averaged over the last 30 days

http://www.torstatus.net/the-harbinger/week/30d

The Harbinger appears to mainly peak to full on Saturday night for about an hour.

Have you actually tried to log in to the Harbinger or just create a test character there to see how long the queues are? Sounds like this is not a server that's experiencing significant queues.

Paige

I have refused to transfer my charactor to the assigned server for the main reason, I pay money every month to play this game, not sit in a queue waiting to play.

You do realize at some point you will have to move at the end of this summer. Either BW will move you or they will put your characters in a state of limbo. Your server is going to be shut down. You will not be able to play the game if you are put in a limbo state. Your characters will remain there until you deside to move them onto the server that BW will select for you.

Edited by Urael

I can only hope this person is not serious. I transferred and have yet to wait in a que...

It seems sort of asinine. It's like deciding to stay in a sinking ship, instead of going to the life boat because the line to get to one is too long.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.